• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 17 (Final game): Lions vs Packers

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against back-ups... not sure how that works.

It was two fucks that the Lions gave when they pooched the #1 draft pick twice.

Who The Fuck pissed in your daily cup of Joe or is it you're Cot Damn Miller Fuckin' Lite ?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Before the game? Would be nice to have a better OC. I wonder who will be next. Hopefully not a promotion from within. Want a real OC.

You can probably expect Ben Johnson as he's been handling passing game coordinator - unofficially - and a mixture of Dan Campbell. It's simply a guess.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want a real OC.

Everyone needs a start somewhere. Look at Dan C. who never called a game in his life. He's gotten better as the season progressed and yes, he's made plenty of mistakes but so have veteran O.C.'s who have had 10, 15, 20+ years of experience.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was two fucks that the Lions gave when they pooched the #1 draft pick twice.

If Holmes and the rest of the organization is worth their salt, they'll build this team correctly no matter what draft slot number they're awarded which is now No.2.

All GM's miss on picks and there are too damn many variables to list as to why, but it surely isn't solely on the GM. Scouts miss when evaluating, players aren't as good nowadays and immediately ready to contribute like they were 10-15 years ago. CFB coaches barely have these kids starting 12-20 games prior to those players entering the draft and CFB position coaches, as a whole, pretty much suck at their jobs in the present.

I could put down in writing another 3 dozen reasons why, if you'd like.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff looked like a capable NFL QB today and that's as far as I'm going with that statement.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who The Fuck pissed in your daily cup of Joe or is it you're Cot Damn Miller Fuckin' Lite ?
Why would I want to sugarcoat a meaningless win? Okay, if it makes you feel better... the 2021 Lions (3-13-1) are almost as good as the 2019 Lions (3-12-1).

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I want to sugarcoat a meaningless win? Okay, if it makes you feel better... the 2021 Lions (3-13-1) are almost as good as the 2019 Lions (3-12-1).

Meaning less win ? Try stating that directly to the face of any of those players on this team.

Do you have any idea as to who the Lions last two draft picks at No.2 overall are ?

Suh and MegaTron

nuff said

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stealing this off Pride of Detroit. I've never watched a game in slow-mo like this. Not even under the influence after cruising through cow pastures early in the am as the sun was just coming up in a very southern state where humidity is key to the pickings out of cow dung.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions officially part ways with Anthony Lynn. Obviously not surprising. Good guy, not a good coach

See the source image

But, it's more than likely going to happen

reports that offensive coordinator Anthony Lynn is not expected to stay with the team in 2022.

Campbell would not comment on what Lynn’s future with the team is, nor his plans for calling plays next season.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder who will be next. Hopefully not a promotion from within. Want a real OC.

All of these trick plays have been designed by current TE coach, Ben Johnson

The emerging star seems to be tight ends coach Ben Johnson, who drew more praise from quarterback Jared Goff after the season finale, along with Campbell, who took over play-calling duties after the bye.

“I thought Ben Johnson, some of the stuff that he was able to put in place and some of the stuff that he was able to coach up was really good,” Goff said of the second-half improvement. “And then Dan, obviously, calling the plays and having his influence on it, as well, was helpful.”

Campbell would not comment on what Lynn’s future with the team is, nor his plans for calling plays next season. But if the Lions can continue to develop well-disguised plays like this going forward, there may not be many changes to make this offseason.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're so concerned about losing out to your favorite, can't miss prospect, Thibodeaux, then you might want to relax a bit.

If Jacksonville is smart, and they're not because as of now Trent Balke is their GM and he's the one responsible for retaining former Bama LT Cam Robinson on a franchise tag this year, who just so happens to be abysmal as an NRL Offensive lineman, the Jaguars need to find their future LT in order to protect their just drafted franchise QB. Should the Jags sign a LT in free agency then you can sweat, and if they don't go that route then the likelihood that both Thibodeaux and Hutch are available as the Jags will probably draft their future LT in this upcoming draft.

You'll whine no matter what the Lions do this upcoming off-season and all future years too because it's the only narrative you have in your bag full of bullshit.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meaningless win ? Try stating that directly to the face of any of those players on this team.
The Packers had the #1 seed in the NFC locked up. IT WAS A MEANINGLESS GAME, WHICH IS A MEANINGLESS WIN. "IF" the Packers needed the win to lock down the #1 seed and got beat the Lions then I would agree with you. But, it was nothing more than a Preseason game during the regular season!!! Any Lions players that could hang their hat on that WIN, wouldn't be very bright. The Jaguars can hang their hat on the Colts losing. The Colts needed the win to get into the playoffs, UNLIKE THE PACKERS ....HUGE difference!!!
PACKERSWIRE said:
The Green Bay Packers won’t be turning Sunday’s season finale against the Detroit Lions into a glorified preseason game.
PACKERSWIRE
A preseason game nonetheless.
You'll whine no matter what the Lions do this upcoming off-season and all future years too because it's the only narrative you have in your bag full of bullshit.
You can count on me speaking my mind as long as the Organization only does enough to sell tickets. As long as the Lions are Sandbaggers, Schedule Fillers and Overpaid Actors... I call it as I see it!!!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually we won the Ravens game but the refs handed it to them by mistake. If we had Patterson we would have won the Steelers game and one other. This team is an RCH from being 6-11 and way better than the 2019 team already.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers had the #1 seed in the NFC locked up. IT WAS A MEANINGLESS GAME, WHICH IS A MEANINGLESS WIN. "IF" the Packers needed the win to lock down the #1 seed and got beat the Lions then I would agree with you. But, it was nothing more than a Preseason game during the regular season!!! Any Lions players that could hang their hat on that WIN, wouldn't be very bright. The Jaguars can hang their hat on the Colts losing. The Colts needed the win to get into the playoffs, UNLIKE THE PACKERS ....HUGE difference!!!

A preseason game nonetheless.

You can count on me speaking my mind as long as the Organization only does enough to sell tickets. As long as the Lions are Sandbaggers, Schedule Fillers and Overpaid Actors... I call it as I see it!!!
Lions won the first half when all the starters were in for GB. Its not huge but it is encouraging for sure.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions won the first half when all the starters were in for GB. Its not huge but it is encouraging for sure.
By those standards the Lions won the 1st half of their first meeting in Lambeau too... 17-14 instead of the 13-17 yesterday. Lets celebrate on a missed extra point attempt.
Actually we won the Ravens game but the refs handed it to them by mistake.
The Lions would've lost by a Hail Mary instead of the non delay of game call for a 66 yard field goal that became a new record. It's futile defending the bottom of the barrel defense.
If we had Patterson we would have won the Steelers game
The Steelers played without Big Ben!!
and one other.
Stafford whole career with the Lions was working on his 4th quarter "comeback wins stats." It was pretty impressive with Kirk Cousins setting up a 56 yard game winning field goal with only 33 seconds to work with. The second time the Lions played them they got snake bit for paying the Lions soft again.
This team is an RCH from being 6-11 and way better than the 2019 team already.
The players played for Jim Caldwell and the Organization canned him. The players didn't play for Matt Patricia like they do for Dan Campbell and that's the only thing I'll give you as being better than the 2019 team. Record wise... the 2021 Lions have one more loss than the 2019 team. You can't get rid of your Pro Bowlers and Play Makers for lesser talent and stamp it better.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're so concerned about losing out to your favorite, can't miss prospect, Thibodeaux, then you might want to relax a bit.
The only way you can remotely point your finger in my direction on that is... I believe battles are won and lost in the trenches. You're the one crying for a Defensive End. Me, I would be content with George Karlaftis from Purdue. And just you know... I wouldn't use the #2 draft pick to get him.
If Jacksonville is smart, and they're not because as of now Trent Balke is their GM and he's the one responsible for retaining former Bama LT Cam Robinson on a franchise tag this year, who just so happens to be abysmal as an NRL Offensive lineman, the Jaguars need to find their future LT in order to protect their just drafted franchise QB. Should the Jags sign a LT in free agency then you can sweat, and if they don't go that route then the likelihood that both Thibodeaux and Hutch are available as the Jags will probably draft their future LT in this upcoming draft.
Do you have any idea as to who the Lions last two draft picks at No.2 overall are ?
Suh and MegaTron
nuff said
Matt Millen drafted Calvin Johnson and Martin Mayhew drafted Ndamukong Suh. I'm not sure what you would consider smart anymore.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By those standards the Lions won the 1st half of their first meeting in Lambeau too... 17-14 instead of the 13-17 yesterday. Lets celebrate on a missed extra point attempt.

The Lions would've lost by a Hail Mary instead of the non delay of game call for a 66 yard field goal that became a new record. It's futile defending the bottom of the barrel defense.

The Steelers played without Big Ben!!

Stafford whole career with the Lions was working on his 4th quarter "comeback wins stats." It was pretty impressive with Kirk Cousins setting up a 56 yard game winning field goal with only 33 seconds to work with. The second time the Lions played them they got snake bit for paying the Lions soft again.

The players played for Jim Caldwell and the Organization canned him. The players didn't play for Matt Patricia like they do for Dan Campbell and that's the only thing I'll give you as being better than the 2019 team. Record wise... the 2021 Lions have one more loss than the 2019 team. You can't get rid of your Pro Bowlers and Play Makers for lesser talent and stamp it better.
What Pro Bowlers and Playmakers?