• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 17 (Final game): Lions vs Packers

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sun 1PM ET on Fox.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness this is the last one.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of like they only gave Swift 4 carries last week, even though he is by far the best back. Why add extra wear and tear while he is recovering. I do wish they had given more carries to Reynolds though. Williams does not need to be the lead back at this point, we know what we have with him.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness this is the last one.

This year, but you'll likely have to endure another 17 games after this one which will have your head spinning just as much as this year's games.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year, but you'll likely have to endure another 17 games after this one which will have your head spinning just as much as this year's games.
Wouldnt surprise me if we got close to 500 next year. Need a good draft and decent free agency.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they make Rodgers suck their dicks.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so maybe they wouldn't have to make him do it, since he'd do it voluntarily. But you get the jist of it.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions officially part ways with Anthony Lynn. Obviously not surprising. Good guy, not a good coach

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Greg Olson's voice sounds exactly like Mike Golic's kid. I was confused that little Golic was calling a Fox game. I think they're the last broadcast team, because I think they've done half our games at this point but I just realized it.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting kind of sick of them sucking St. Browns dick. Yes he looks OK, and should stick on the roster. His play has only been ok though, but they keep talking about his receiving numbers and stats. There's nobody good on the roster, and even the other OK guys on the roster have gotten hurt. Of course he's gonna put up numbers, they keep throwing the ball and somebody has to catch it. I'm happy we got him in the fourth round, but people are saying stuff like he's one of the building blocks of this rebuild and/or he's THE steal of the draft, etc.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting kind of sick of them sucking St. Browns dick. Yes he looks OK, and should stick on the roster. His play has only been ok though, but they keep talking about his receiving numbers and stats. There's nobody good on the roster, and even the other OK guys on the roster have gotten hurt. Of course he's gonna put up numbers, they keep throwing the ball and somebody has to catch it. I'm happy we got him in the fourth round, but people are saying stuff like he's one of the building blocks of this rebuild and/or he's THE steal of the draft, etc.

Yeah, and I don't think the Packers are giving it 100% either

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He sure the hell is a building block to the future of this team whether you like it or not. Also building blocks for this team are Sewell, Ragnow, Hockenson, Swift if he can ever stay healthy, TW lll and possibly McNeil. Anyone not mentioned then the jury is still out for deliberation as far as I'm concerned.

AR-SB will never be a WR1 or quite possibly not even a high level WR2 but that kid has proven his worth in great route running skills, damn good hands, toughness after the catch and the ability and willingness to block for other receivers and the RB anywhere on the field of play.

I get it that the roster doesn't have a true WR1 now or even prior to the beginning of the regular season - nope - Ty Williams would have only been a WR1 by default just like Kenny Golladay and no one expects AR-SB to become that WR1, but the kid has proven to be reliable, and Goff trusts him more than any other receiver on that team over the last 6 games.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Lions kick the Packers asses today.

and I don't give two fucks about what draft slot number we're at once this day ends.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win today and give these young players some confidence, motivation and reward for how they stayed together and fought throughout the year.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win today and give these young players some confidence, motivation and reward
Against back-ups... not sure how that works.
and I don't give two fucks about what draft slot number we're at once this day ends.
It was two fucks that the Lions gave when they pooched the #1 draft pick twice.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sure the hell is a building block to the future of this team whether you like it or not. Also building blocks for this team are Sewell, Ragnow, Hockenson, Swift if he can ever stay healthy, TW lll and possibly McNeil. Anyone not mentioned then the jury is still out for deliberation as far as I'm concerned.

AR-SB will never be a WR1 or quite possibly not even a high level WR2 but that kid has proven his worth in great route running skills, damn good hands, toughness after the catch and the ability and willingness to block for other receivers and the RB anywhere on the field of play.

I get it that the roster doesn't have a true WR1 now or even prior to the beginning of the regular season - nope - Ty Williams would have only been a WR1 by default just like Kenny Golladay and no one expects AR-SB to become that WR1, but the kid has proven to be reliable, and Goff trusts him more than any other receiver on that team over the last 6 games.
Exactly, St. Brown is not going to be elite, but he is a very good slot WR and only 22. Having any position locked down long term with a young player is huge for a team with so many holes in it.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against back-ups... not sure how that works.

It was two fucks that the Lions gave when they pooched the #1 draft pick twice.
The only starter out in the first half was Aaron Jones.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions officially part ways with Anthony Lynn. Obviously not surprising. Good guy, not a good coach
Wow. Before the game? Would be nice to have a better OC. I wonder who will be next. Hopefully not a promotion from within. Want a real OC.