• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 163

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get your "I'm proud of this team" speech ready, Wash.

Tacobenboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, for us diehards, it's looking like the first month or two of the offseason will be spent wondering what woul have transpired if Wash had gone with Soto behind the plate and Baker at first tonight. I did like how Wash said earlier today that Mitch was the best defensive 1b and that's important in these types of games.

Didn't he start MY at 3rd in the WS, Vlad in RF in the WS, and leave Cruz in RF in the bottom of the ninth of game six of the WS with a two run lead?

WTF

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, for us diehards, it's looking like the first month or two of the offseason will be spent wondering what woul have transpired if Wash had gone with Soto behind the plate and Baker at first tonight. I did like how Wash said earlier today that Mitch was the best defensive 1b and that's important in these types of games.

Didn't he start MY at 3rd in the WS, Vlad in RF in the WS, and leave Cruz in RF in the bottom of the ninth of game six of the WS with a two run lead?

WTF

in his defense wasnt he on the cocaine at the time?

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WTF

The reason you leave Cruz in, and Hamilton who was hurt much worse.. is... because you can't assume the game ends there, you don't take those two out of the line-up, no manager would have pulled either one of them

Players play hurt in WS all the time
Wash didn't lose that Series

having said that, it's time for him to go

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we go down quietly in the 8th our season is over.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason you leave Cruz in, and Hamilton who was hurt much worse.. is... because you can't assume the game ends there, you don't take those two out of the line-up, no manager would have pulled either one of them

Lainey that is 100% wrong. When you're up two runs in the bottom of the ninth you have your best defense out there. An injured Cruz with an abdominal strain/tear with Chavez and gentry on the bench does not help you. Either player could've made that catch in their sleep. You play the game to win in. 9 innings if you can.

But that was one of many wash blunders that series and another conversation altogether.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tacobenboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with you except that it is common practice when you are up late in games you make defensive substitutions for your weaker fielders. Not sure Nellie "should" have had that ball and I am sure that Freese hit a great pitch from Feliz so who knows.