• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 163

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How we got this far I really do not know. We did and that's all that counts. My concern is Wash. Will he play Gentry and have Soto DH'ing or will he do something stupid and play Murphy? Will he bunt and waste outs when he shouldn't? Nobody knows but I just don't want to see him blow it now. Cross your fingers and maybe everything goes well.
Cruz will likely DH. Gentry will start, cause lefty price.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was old RBiA and old Ranger offense...lol I hope we greet him harshly all the same.

It's got to be sitting in the back of his mind though.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How we got this far I really do not know. We did and that's all that counts. My concern is Wash. Will he play Gentry and have Soto DH'ing or will he do something stupid and play Murphy? Will he bunt and waste outs when he shouldn't? Nobody knows but I just don't want to see him blow it now. Cross your fingers and maybe everything goes well.

I agree with your concern. But on a good note Price being a left hander means Murphy sits. Plus my guess is Gentry plays LF and Cruz is the DH. But I think most of us who have been hanging out together on these boards since before the season began now agree that Murphy needs to sit the remainder of the year and Gentry plays no matter what hand the pitcher throws with.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With price being a lefty I doubt Murphy starts. The problem is getting Cruz into the lineup means Soto most likely sits.

You are probably right and Soto has been great these past few weeks. I just hope Cruz comes out on fire.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 out of the last 4 years playing a meaningful game against Tampa Bay. We have come out on top the first two times so as Steely Dan put it "You go back, Jack, do it again".

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably right and Soto has been great these past few weeks. I just hope Cruz comes out on fire.

Honestly, with the way Martin has struggled id consider starting him on the bench, Cruz in rf, and Rios in left and gentry in center. I know Martin's arm and speed are great tools, but he struggles against really good lefties. That way soto could catch and AJ can dh.

Murphy may not even be on the roster tomorrow so Texas can load up on an extra pitcher.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, with the way Martin has struggled id consider starting him on the bench, Cruz in rf, and Rios in left and gentry in center. I know Martin's arm and speed are great tools, but he struggles against really good lefties. That way soto could catch and AJ can dh.

Murphy may not even be on the roster tomorrow so Texas can load up on an extra pitcher.
:nod:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comments on Yahoo by Angel fans in that they are so ticked that the Angels could not win one game and eliminate the Rangers. This was the Angels entire season. They wanted so bad to eliminate us and they could not. To me that is what makes sweeping them really an amazing feat. And while I am at it thanks Rios for picking up the slack at the end of the year.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comments on Yahoo by Angel fans in that they are so ticked that the Angels could not win one game and eliminate the Rangers. This was the Angels entire season. They wanted so bad to eliminate us and they could not. To me that is what makes sweeping them really an amazing feat. And while I am at it thanks Rios for picking up the slack at the end of the year.

There were so many sweet things about this sweep.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it matters and it doesn't but somewhere there is a damn Gorilla named Rally that has to be sucking Texas wind.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i can't completely disagree with you on Martin even though he still came through with some big hits. I wish he would be more patient with lefties. I am just not sure if playing left would be an issue for Rios. So I am okay if it is Gentry, Martin, Rios and Cruz at DH. But I do see where you are coming from and I hate to see Soto not in the lineup.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it matters and it doesn't but somewhere there is a damn Gorilla named Rally that has to be sucking Texas wind.

I think he is now a hermit living in Montana.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish we'd hear something about Beltre's hammy.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yea, wonder where good old Rally Gorilla is? Would have been a fun weekend with some Angel trolls on the boards.

They would've never come around.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yea, wonder where good old Rally Gorilla is? Would have been a fun weekend with some Angel trolls on the boards.

Angels fans all but disappeared around May

Tacobenboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would've never come around.

Prolly right but if there was one Angel troll brazen enough to show up on a weekend like this, it would have been Rally Gorilla. I do kind of miss the trolling aspect that we used to have on the ESPN boards.