• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 14: Lions at Jets

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of like this idea, but I don't believe that either Porter Jr., or Ringo are worthy of a top 5 pick. Though they both might conceivably end up near top 10.

You might want to entertain the idea of spending one of the two 2nd round picks on a nickel CB. there's also the possibility of entertaining the thought of using a pick on one of these Big Slot/Nickel Back safeties, but I don't believe Holmes values that position quite that high or values selecting two DB's that soon.
I have a feeling Ringo will be better than Porter so I am OK with another team reaching for him. We need a bigger cover guy anyway.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get sarcasm at all, do you?

Damnit, sarcasm and Mebert's puns get the best of me every time.

I Brittney Spears myself. Ooops, I did it again

@Dutchis59 I'm a dumbass. My apologies.

At the very least, it's a good lol at my expense.

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think your set of standards equates to reality and not even for any 1st round draft pick which are assumed to be ready to play.

Your term of decent is nothing more than a player who's play standard is acceptable. Though I've been wrong many a times.

I'll let you sort out as to why the majority of these 1st round drafted CB haven't been elected to even one Pro Bowl by the end of year 3.

Go to 1967 on your draft history and you'll find the man for the standards set. He may be before your time.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go to 1967 on your draft history and you'll find the man for the standards set. He may be before your time.

I turned 12 at the end of the season of 1967 so I did watch a couple of games but mostly listened to games on WJR am radio.

It has to be my all-time favorite Lions defensive player Lem Barney. A player like him is hard to come by other than luck. I might make a guess that more recently Charles Woodson, Patrick Peterson and maybe Denzel Ward might be close to receiving the awards that Barney did back in the day, but I didn't look any of those three to verify my guess.

On the offensive side my favorite players and not in order were Greg Landry, Altie Taylor, Charlie Sanders and Dexter Bussey. I would add Mike Lucci and Dick Jauron on the defensive side.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair the demands on an NFL corner in 1967 were a lot different, and much less demanding imo, that they are today. Lem Barney was a great one for sure. I saw him a couple of times at the city-county building when I used to work there. Nice guy.. had a smile and a few words for anyone who recognized and spoke to him. It says he was 6', but he looked to be exactly the same size as me, if that (5'10").

Last edited: