• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 12: Lions vs Jags

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goff annoys me far less than Staff did.

Not saying he’s better or has anywhere near the arm talent. But he doesn’t throw underhand or toss picks on second down into double coverage like Numba Nine.

Glad he got a ring. Don’t miss him.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not saying he’s better or has anywhere near the arm talent. But he doesn’t throw underhand or toss picks on second down into double coverage like Numba Nine.

Give Goff a much better defense and maybe he would relax a bit mentally and not sub conscientiously feel the pressure having to provide the team with wins by the offense.

You can win games with Goff, but he surely isn't going to win games purely based on his QB play alone.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20+ snaps defensively

Houston ........... 86.0 .............. Pass Rush 76.1

Anzalone ......... 74.0 ............... coverage 67.9
Elliot .................. 72.7 ............... coverage 59.5
W. Harris ......... 70.8 ................ coverage 75.9
Rodriguez ....... 69.3 ................ coverage 78.7
Hutch ............... 66.7 ................. Pass Rush 64.2
McNeil ..............65.9 ................. Pass Rush 65.1
Jacobs ............. 64.9 ................. coverage 69.4
Okudah ........... 64.8 ................. coverage 60.4
Jones ................ 62.1 ................ Pass Rush 61.0
Barnes ............. 60.5 ................. Coverage 39.7
Cominsky ....... 60.0 ................. Pass Rush 59.0
Joseph ............. 59.3 ................. Coverage 57.8
Buggs .............. 47.7 ................. Pass Rush 52.6

The only player to score below a 70.0 grade at tackling is Jacobs

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20+ snaps Offensively

AR-SB ....................... 90.0 ................ RBK 72.8
Chark ........................ 77.8 ................ RBK 61.6
Ragnow ................... 77.6 ................ RBK 77.0 ................. PBK 73.3
Goff ........................... 77.3 ............... Pass 75.8
Jackson .................... 71.7 ................ RBK 78.9
Jamaal ...................... 69.8 ................ PBK 77.8
Zylstra ....................... 69.1 ................ RBK 93.6 ................. PBK -----
Swift .......................... 67.4 ................ PBK 73.4
Decker ...................... 66.0 ................ RBK 59.9 ................. PBK 69.4
Sewell ....................... 65.4 ................ RBK 53.3 ................. PBK 78.8
Wright ...................... 59.8 ................ RBK 36.4 ................. PBK 59.4
Reynolds ................. 58.5 ................. RBK 69.3
Awosika ................... 57.7 ................. RBK 63.1 ................ PBK 38.1
Raymond ................ 52.5 ................. RBK 59.6
Mitchell ................... 48.5 ................. RBK 55.0
Ju. Jackson ............. 41.4 ................. PBK 69.4

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Goff a much better defense and maybe he would relax a bit mentally and not sub conscientiously feel the pressure having to provide the team with wins by the offense.

You can win games with Goff, but he surely isn't going to win games purely based on his QB play alone.
It’s not like we’re losing games because of his QB play. Our defense is awful.

The fewest point given up in a loss this year is 24.

And he’s won playoff games and played in a Super Bowl.

Having guys to throw the ball to seems to be a big help for him. Other than games he’s had mostly backups at skill positions, he’s had an excellent season on the whole.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having guys to throw the ball to seems to be a big help for him. Other than games he’s had mostly backups at skill positions, he’s had an excellent season on the whole.

This.

Which leads to my previous assertion that maybe Holmes might need to look to add to the WR corps with the Lions 1st round pick versus trying the ole free agency route. It's a tossup for me as I would have to see who is left on the board to draft at that time. We desperately need defensive players; however, we also need to consider keep the offensive with fresh, young, inexpensive talent too.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

Which leads to my previous assertion that maybe Holmes might need to look to add to the WR corps with the Lions 1st round pick versus trying the ole free agency route. It's a tossup for me as I would have to see who is left on the board to draft at that time. We desperately need defensive players; however, we also need to consider keep the offensive with fresh, young, inexpensive talent too.
WR is about as far down my wish list as there is tbh. Just understand the difficulties when there is no ARSB, Swift, Chark or a TE.

I’m not gonna be mad if we take the TE from ND real high though. As you’re aware, I don’t like that the FO created a hole where there wasn’t one.

I’d rather see a RB early/mid. Cuz I don’t think Jamaal is a difference maker on the field. While I like him, (he seems like an awesome dude) Craig Reynolds could’ve scored those touchdowns. (And he and Jackson get another half yard per carry)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR is about as far down my wish list as there is tbh

I understand your point.

I have Edge Rush/Defender, DT and CB as my top 3 positions of need depending on who is available at the draft slot, however I couldn't be pissed at Holmes should Anderson be gone, Holmes drafts Jalen Carter using the Rams pick and by the time he gets to the Lions actual 1st round pick the CB he prefers is gone. Maybe one of those leading WR is available - Johnson, Addison, Njigba-Smith.

I'm not a fan of drafting an RB in the first or 2nd round of any draft unless that position is one of only 2 or 3 Needs a team has in order to hopefully solidify a playoff run and that player matches up with BPA/BPA need.

Lions could fairly easily get by in 2023 with AR-SB, Reynolds, Raymond, Kennedy and Cephus and simply wait it out until the 2024 draft. Maybe if Chark shows he's healthy and worthy of another 1-year contract he might be a possibility, but I'm not honestly hoping that happens. This is a situation where Holmes could use one if not two 4th- round picks to draft another WR.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not gonna be mad if we take the TE from ND real high though

Would you consider Michigan TE Luke Schoonmaker on day 3. I doubt he lasts until the 5th round though and he surely isn't worthy of a day 2 pick, imo. I'm sure their individual stats are not even close to comparable as Notre Dame has relied heavily on Mayer these past two seasons.

I wouldn't currently be able to assess the difference athletically as I honestly haven't paid that much attention. Schoonmaker surely isn't a route separation artist, but he does a very good job of having the awareness to sit in a zone or use his body to block out defenders. He has very good hands and is more than capable as a blocker.

I don't know all that much about Mayer in that department.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your point.

I have Edge Rush/Defender, DT and CB as my top 3 positions of need depending on who is available at the draft slot, however I couldn't be pissed at Holmes should Anderson be gone, Holmes drafts Jalen Carter using the Rams pick and by the time he gets to the Lions actual 1st round pick the CB he prefers is gone. Maybe one of those leading WR is available - Johnson, Addison, Njigba-Smith.

I'm not a fan of drafting an RB in the first or 2nd round of any draft unless that position is one of only 2 or 3 Needs a team has in order to hopefully solidify a playoff run and that player matches up with BPA/BPA need.

Lions could fairly easily get by in 2023 with AR-SB, Reynolds, Raymond, Kennedy and Cephus and simply wait it out until the 2024 draft. Maybe if Chark shows he's healthy and worthy of another 1-year contract he might be a possibility, but I'm not honestly hoping that happens. This is a situation where Holmes could use one if not two 4th- round picks to draft another WR.
I’ve kinda assumed Chark will move on with Williams taking his role, or what was intended to be his role anyway.

But I like Chark, when he’s available.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve kinda assumed Chark will move on with Williams taking his role, or what was intended to be his role anyway.

But I like Chark, when he’s available.

Would you, as GM, re-sign Chark if you could at the same cost as his original deal and for 1 year if Chark agreed to that. He still counts as roughly 5.6M against the cap because of the voided year in his contract.

I would surely consider it, so I didn't have another hole to fill.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you consider Michigan TE Luke Schoonmaker on day 3. I doubt he lasts until the 5th round though and he surely isn't worthy of a day 2 pick, imo. I'm sure their individual stats are not even close to comparable as Notre Dame has relied heavily on Mayer these past two seasons.

I wouldn't currently be able to assess the difference athletically as I honestly haven't paid that much attention. Schoonmaker surely isn't a route separation artist, but he does a very good job of having the awareness to sit in a zone or use his body to block out defenders. He has very good hands and is more than capable as a blocker.

I don't know all that much about Mayer in that department.
I wouldn’t be opposed to him. But I don’t know if we would’ve seen much from him if All hadn’t been hurt. I think he’s more of a sixth or seventh depth guy.

Speaking of which, what’s up with him transferring?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you, as GM, re-sign Chark if you could at the same cost as his original deal and for 1 year if Chark agreed to that. He still counts as roughly 5.6M against the cap because of the voided year in his contract.

I would surely consider it, so I didn't have another hole to fill.
I’d bring him back for similar money. Dude can fly. Wouldn’t be opposed to two years if it’s less money than what he’s getting.

He’s not bulky but he does have length and that is prolly a need with ARSB and JWilliams not being the biggest guys.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That true frosh TE Loveland is going to be someone if Jimmy unleashes JJ next year and doesn't play so damn conservative. I understand trying not to put too much on JJ's plate this year, but it's been a detriment to the offense.

All posted either an IG or Tweet that he had life altering surgery back near the beginning of October and by a neuro-back surgeon down somewhere in Florida

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@broncosmitty

Non-football news, but Verlander signed with Mets. I was kind of hoping he'd return to the Tigers for 1-2 years.

How crazy am I for wishing that Harris would trade for Shohei Ohtani and what, in your view, would it cost the Tigers. Mize is out for at least a year and Skubal until mid 2023. I saw that Harris signed Boyd recently, but that doesn't give me the warm fuzzy feeling needed. Isn't Alexander out for some time also.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This team with Staff would easily make the playoffs and probably make it to the NFC title game. There is no comparison. Timing is everything though. Put Goff on those older Lions teams and we would set an unbreakable record for winless seasons.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team with Staff would easily make the playoffs and probably make it to the NFC title game. There is no comparison. Timing is everything though. Put Goff on those older Lions teams and we would set an unbreakable record for winless seasons.
Made it one sentence.