• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck you Cleveland Browns

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorsey will get his HC next year? Fuck that! If the Browns start off 0-4 (which wouldn't surprise anyone) Jackson should be fired. Hell, he should have been fired after last years perfect season. But the idiot owner is well an idiot.

Wouldn't be surprised at either, but firing HC midseason rarely ever works. Do agree 100% the owner is the reason Hue is still there.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Antonio Brown, AJ Green, and now Crabtree in the division it makes sense

Emmanuel Ogbah is still pretty solid opposite of Garret on the DLine and if they really want, their supposed top rusher in Harold Landry is available. With their other holes to fill, it will be interesting to see who they take.
I've been saying these things since last night. People forget about Ogbah. He's still a young guy who is getting better. You don't have to spend basically 3 first rounders on defensive ends (Ogbah was pick 32 in 2016). That's stupid.

Ward has all the makings of an elite shutdown CB: His quickness, hip-fluidity and closing burst are all elite. He's not the same size as Richard Sherman, but he's got the physicality. His instincts and ball skills are all high-end. There's no reason he can't turn into a monster at CB, which Cleveland still needs. EJ Gaines is only under a 1 year deal, and Taylor and BBC play the same sort of slot CB position, really, so we needed another outside CB.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be surprised at either, but firing HC midseason rarely ever works. Do agree 100% the owner is the reason Hue is still there.

True but when was the last time that clownish dysfunctional franchise did something right? When they called Mayfield's name last night I wanted to throw a lamp through my living room window I was so pissed. Of course I like the Ward pick. Hope he turns out to be worth that # 4 pick.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably no more so than Darnold. People think that because he's able to elude pressure really well, that he's automatically wanting to run around all the time. If you actually watch him play, he's not running around. He's throwing from the pocket. He's as accurate as he is because he knows how to dissect defenses and throw through windows.

He will use his footwork to his advantage, but he's not coming to the league trying to be Russell Wilson or Cam Newton.

What little I have watched...I need to see it at this level, but again...I have a bias against short QBs...it's a me thing I know.

RW fwiw is totally different animal from Cam imo and I don't mean size. They put in a few run wrinkles for RW, but he's running because he has to most of the time.

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate you

giphy.gif

Drew Carey likens Browns to (bleepy) sandwiches, says 'quit buying it'

At one time, Drew Carey was considered one of the Browns' most high-profile fans. But now the Cleveland-born comedian and television star has found better, more positive uses for his time and he wonders why more tormented supporters don't do the same.

"You don't have to support them just because they're in Cleveland," Carey told NBCSports.com's Joe Posnanski earlier this month, days before the Browns were demolished by the Bengals, 37-3.

"You don't have to support them. You don't have to do it. ... If somebody owned a sandwich shop in Cleveland, and they were selling [bleepy] sandwiches, you don't have to buy the [bleepy] sandwiches just because they're from Cleveland. You could buy sandwiches from anywhere. You could buy them from a chain.

"It's stupid. You're doing the same thing with the Browns. That's a business, and they're there to take your money and make a profit. ... Quit buying it. I'll buy the Browns when they're worth buying it. That's all there is to it. I'm sorry about it. I hope I'm not hurting anybody's feelings. But I'm not a masochist. I'm not buying a bad product just because it's from Cleveland."

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying these things since last night. People forget about Ogbah. He's still a young guy who is getting better. You don't have to spend basically 3 first rounders on defensive ends (Ogbah was pick 32 in 2016). That's stupid.

Ward has all the makings of an elite shutdown CB: His quickness, hip-fluidity and closing burst are all elite. He's not the same size as Richard Sherman, but he's got the physicality. His instincts and ball skills are all high-end. There's no reason he can't turn into a monster at CB, which Cleveland still needs. EJ Gaines is only under a 1 year deal, and Taylor and BBC play the same sort of slot CB position, really, so we needed another outside CB.

Ogbah is still only 24. That’s why I was getting the pick of Chubb, even though he was BPA. Depth is great but their secondary wasn’t good last year. They need lockdown CB’s. Ward is a good first step and getting Randall at FS with possibly Peppers is a good young secondary to start with

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What little I have watched...I need to see it at this level, but again...I have a bias against short QBs...it's a me thing I know.

RW fwiw is totally different animal from Cam imo and I don't mean size. They put in a few run wrinkles for RW, but he's running because he has to most of the time.
You're very right about RW, poor guy. He deserves an OL in the worst way, I hope they get him some help tonight. I do like Penny, though. He's going to take over as the starter there sooner rather than later, so that will help.

Cleveland has had plenty of taller QBs - Couch, Quinn, Anderson, Weeden, Campbell, Kizer, Hogan, on down the line, and they've all sucked. You know who the best QB we've had since 1999 is? 6'1" Jeff Garcia.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ogbah is still only 24. That’s why I was getting the pick of Chubb, even though he was BPA. Depth is great but their secondary wasn’t good last year. They need lockdown CB’s. Ward is a good first step and getting Randall at FS with possibly Peppers is a good young secondary to start with
Chubb will be good, but it really was a luxury pick for Cleveland. We had to address the secondary, and I think Ward was the perfect capper for the CB unit along with BBC/Taylor and Currie, assuming they don't re-sign Gaines after this season. I honestly wouldn't hate taking another safety in the 2nd and moving Peppers out of the starting SS role. He can play on sub-packages and returning punts/kickoffs for all I care, he was so bad on defense last year.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I always listen to a guy that shot himself.

If they took the black QB 1st overall, he would be saying they made a great move

Sorry, thats how it works in this racist world now

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they took the black QB 1st overall, he would be saying they made a great move

Are you drunk right now?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What makes you think his tweet was racially charged?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but what's crazy is that it doesn't matter who owns, manages, coaches, plays for, or cleans their locker rooms, they always fucking suck.

It's incredible.

Easily the most inept franchise in American sports. They make the Mets look like geniuses.

I hear ya, it doesn’t make sense ... drafting so high year after year the Browns almost have to have a good team eventually ... I understand your frustration, I’m a Mariners fan, without a doubt one of the worst pro sports franchises also... As far as the Browns, it sounds like they don’t get good football people in there making draft picks... One day it will turn around though, right ownership, right people involved ...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're very right about RW, poor guy. He deserves an OL in the worst way, I hope they get him some help tonight. I do like Penny, though. He's going to take over as the starter there sooner rather than later, so that will help.

Cleveland has had plenty of taller QBs - Couch, Quinn, Anderson, Weeden, Campbell, Kizer, Hogan, on down the line, and they've all sucked. You know who the best QB we've had since 1999 is? 6'1" Jeff Garcia.

Aaah, the old 49ers QB was the best huh, was Bernie the last of the old Browns?

I thought Campbell was decent and Anderson was decent. Kizer should have been still taking snaps at ND...imo he could develop into a QB. In spite of my bias, I do realize that it takes more than just height to play the position and I'm not even saying these are bad picks, they're just different from what I would've done. Like that really means something...lol

In due time PIT will be looking for a QB also and I'll have the same bias.

Anyway...let's see how these teams finish this off.