• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck you Cleveland Browns

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what is so strange. They have changed the people making the decisions time and time again, Hell they have even changed owners. Each move was a "New Beginning" and each move ends with the same story.

I don’t know every hiring they’ve done, but as far as you know are they good football people that know talent and know the game ? Mariners hired a guy from Nintendo that didn’t know shit about baseball to run the organization for years ... what can go wrong!!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what the Browns did with the Carson Wentz draft pick haul. Look at this. Stare at it. Think about it. Browns!

I don’t wanna fucking think about it lol

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.
The Browns haven't won a game since they beat the San Diego Chargers, not the LA Chargers, the San Diego Chargers.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What that Wentz haul tally shows is, it is nice and all to get a lot of picks, but unless you have a competent organization that can do something with them, you may want to just play it safe and take the name player when you can. Browns passed on Carson Wentz and Deshaun Watson to accumulate more selections. We will see how that turns out, but so far....it looks abysmal.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.
The Browns haven't won a game since they beat the San Diego Chargers, not the LA Chargers, the San Diego Chargers.
This comment would sting more if they hadn't just move to LA last season.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, the Brownies drafted and filled almost every need that was flagged on their roster. Good job doing that, hopefully most of these guys pan out.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MMQB article on the Browns draft, especially the first round choices and reasonings.

I found it interesting that Gregg Williams said he wanted Ward over Chubb. Not that Chubb wasn't worthy, but because Ward was a much better fit for their current defensive needs. Also, he seems to be very high on Ogbah.

Peter King's Monday Morning QB: On Browns, Draft

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not dealing with the same ole Browns FO here. John Dorsey is very smart when scoping talent whether it'd be in free agency or the draft. While I still question reaching for Denzel Ward at #4, I really do like taking Baker Mayfield at #1. If anybody thinks Tyrod Taylor is the franchise QB in Cleveland they're solely mistaken. He's nothing more than a bridge kinda guy until the coaching staff deems Mayfield ready to take over.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What that Wentz haul tally shows is, it is nice and all to get a lot of picks, but unless you have a competent organization that can do something with them, you may want to just play it safe and take the name player when you can. Browns passed on Carson Wentz and Deshaun Watson to accumulate more selections. We will see how that turns out, but so far....it looks abysmal.
The research indicates the obvious; the only possible exception is an elite QB.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns get my worst draft grade. Two of the top 4 picks and they somehow managed to walk away without both Barkley and Chubb. Unbelievable.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reporter Graham Barfield:

Graham Barfield said:
One thing we learned from the Draft this year is the NFL *loved* Baker Mayfield while Big Draft Media underestimated him. Great sign for forward-thinking in the NFL.

CLE and reportedly NYG/NYJ had him No. 1 on their board. Sean McVay and Adam Gase gushed over Mayfield, too.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield is a gamble. Calling him Manziel 2.0 is dishonest and just dumb, but Mayfield does tend to crack when things aren't going well. IMO, he has the highest potential ceiling of any QB in the draft with his will to win and his arm talent and athleticism, but if he can't learn to handle and learn from failure, he might flame out real quick in the league.

But given his potential, I have no issue with taking Mayfield number 1 overall.

But you just don't pass on a talent like Bradley Chubb. Denzel Ward will be a fine player, might be the best DB in the draft, but taking him at 4 was a reach, and Bradley Chubb is about the closest thing to a sure thing that I've seen in a long time.

And I wish Nick Chubb nothing but the best. I hope he has a HOF career and sets records, but again, I think the top of the second round was a reach. Damn Good Dawg, but I'm not sure how much I like his chances in the pros.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know every hiring they’ve done, but as far as you know are they good football people that know talent and know the game ? Mariners hired a guy from Nintendo that didn’t know shit about baseball to run the organization for years ... what can go wrong!!

It's like the curse of the Redskins only on steroids. Some very smart, accomplished people have arrived at Redskins Park and suddenly became stupid. Same thing in Cleveland apparently.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Browns get my worst draft grade. Two of the top 4 picks and they somehow managed to walk away without both Barkley and Chubb. Unbelievable.

I'll inform the squad in Berea, OH. I'm sure they'll be disappointed to find this out.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield is a gamble. Calling him Manziel 2.0 is dishonest and just dumb, but Mayfield does tend to crack when things aren't going well. IMO, he has the highest potential ceiling of any QB in the draft with his will to win and his arm talent and athleticism, but if he can't learn to handle and learn from failure, he might flame out real quick in the league.

But you just don't pass on a talent like Bradley Chubb. Denzel Ward will be a fine player, might be the best DB in the draft, but taking him at 4 was a reach, and Bradley Chubb is about the closest thing to a sure thing that I've seen in a long time.

And I wish Nick Chubb nothing but the best. I hope he has a HOF career and sets records, but again, I think the top of the second round was a reach. Damn Good Dawg, but I'm not sure how much I like his chances in the pros.

He doesn't seem to be any more a gamble than any other QB selected #1 in the past with the exceptions of Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning. That's the highest risk/return position there is.

Bradley Chubb at 4 was what most people and fans wanted, but after hearing the team's reasoning it makes plenty of sense why they went with Ward.

In the 2nd round, they addressed another need on the OL and added RB depth. I'm not huge on Nick Chubb either, but maybe he will surprise.

All in all, solid draft. They addressed their 3 most glaring needs with their first 3 picks and added depth elsewhere.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do when you took a DE at #32 in 2016 and #1 in 2017 while your defensive backfield was a nightmare. They made the smart move there IMO. Chubb graded overall as a 95 on ESPN while Ward was a 93, so it's not like it was a huge reach. CB was a much bigger need than DE.