• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

fuck off already 'cholly'

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillies manager Charlie Manuel said rookie first baseman Darin Ruf was too far off the bag.

"You just don't back up and let him see where you're at, you kind of stay back and let him feel you or let him see you, then you move slowly back" Manuel said. "He got a lead and a running jump and he took off.

"It was a heads-up play on his part and the first base coach's part, but at same time that was a mistake."

how many years have we watched ryan howard look like a retarded gimp trying to make a simple throw to 2nd. most of the time, he doesn't even try because he knows he can't do it. did we ever hear manuel bitch about it post-game? or his bad defense in general? do we ever hear him complain about his precious vets? usually it's the media that has to get on rollins for not running out balls, and then charlie "takes care of it" in private. ruiz and his suspension? more like "can't wait to get him back."

ruf is hitting .289. .385 obp, .896 ops. fucking hick puts him BEHIND the fat manwich, delmon young, simply because he had a couple 0'fers.

ruf: 45 ab, 6 extra base hits, 6 walks
young: 69 ab, 4 extra base hits, 3 walks

those are the july numbers. and for some reason, he pushed him to the bench against harvey.. as if the other phils, who are a combined 12-90 (.133 average) off him, have a fucking clue as to what they are doing.

ruf comes up.. he hits, he's fielded his position good.. and then you dog him out some post-game. i know it's just a tiny comment, but it's a bitch move. because we all know if howard or any of the other vets did that, he wouldn't have shit to say (except his usual hick babble..) derpa derp derp derp we gotta play better deherrrrpa derp.

i know a lot of people like him, but he's easily worn out his welcome (andy reid style) in my opinion. i've been waiting quite some time now for his ass to go.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YEa _Phillies_ . I agree. Charlie Manual has been irritating the heck out of me all season. I think it is time for a change in managers but that'll never happen. Not with Reuben dumbass running this dog and pony show!

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm Eh Umm Umm Ehhhh Umm, charlies post game comments combined for his entire tenure as the Phils coach! He is the Epitome of dumb, still wish we would have hired Leyland instead of this baffoon, I believe if we did the core of this team would have more then 1 ring to show for.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, could you guys be any more dramatic. Luckily I'm sure Ruf has a little thicker skin than some of you. And how many championships was this "core" expected to win? These are the same guys a lot of you have been bitching about for the last 2 years. World Series victories are rare and hard to come by. Jim Leyland has a massive payroll in a bankrupt city in a weak division and he's won jack shit. There's a lot of luck involved in winning the World Series. Manuel at least got them in a position to do it twice. I'm not sure how many other Phillies managers have done that but I'm guessing it's somewhere around zero.

pghkid

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't paid to talk.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never liked Charlie. I wanted him gone even after we won the World Series. Charlie is not a good manager.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow. charlie is usually a pretty fair guy regarding his players, but i was suprised to read this. ruf played 60 games in lf at AAA and only 19 at first. he's young; he's going to make mistakes. i can't believe a manager would throw a rookie under the bus like that. the guy has hit better than howard, and been better in the field. when was the last time manuel singled out a veteran and talked poorly about him? i didn't hear him say it, so i don't know his tone, but that is disheartening to read.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cholly needs to go, as well as Ruin Tomorrow, Jr.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not being dramatic. like i was saying, i know it's just a tiny comment, but it's a bitch move. you don't play the role of mr. happy 24/7 and suck off your vets all the time only to rip (again, even a tiny chop) a rookie who has done an awesome job for you.

man the fuck up and rip into all the players scrubbing it up. lets hear how m young has what, 2 hits coming out of the break? how d young has sucked for most of the year. how howard is a joke. how galvis sucked and had to be sent down. what did he say to durbin? nothing. amaro finally released him. plenty of things. in fact, who was the only other person he really bitched at? revere? and he did so by sitting him. another young player.

he's nothing but a fucking 'best friend' babysitter who gets along with the older, established players. the whole world series from his angle is worthless to me. he took over a team that had a bunch of rising superstars and was just starting to flex a huge payroll. the end result was just one world series. in most cities, that would be a huge failure. because philly has struggled so much, it's considered a success. not to me.

and his bullshit love affair with vets might have cost the phils a postseason shot last year. although it was a small chance, he insisted on starting a hurt and gimpy howard (who hit .181 in september) instead of the smoking hot ruf, who destoyed pitching all year.