• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck ESPN with east coast bias regarding all sports

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is a tacit agreement with what he originally said

stop arguing with yourself

LOL, touchè but I love to argue with myself, it puts such a philosophical spin on life :whistle:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seattle has always been marginalized and to a degree, even cali teams are. not a fan of the niners, but they were in the sb last year and still get shit on.

fuck espn. they don't know what to do with themselves with the seahawks and broncos being co-favorites, with new england pansies and other east coast teams far in the distance.

fuck you espn. i like nyc but most of the rest of the east coast, particularly new england, is ridiculous.

https://www.google.com/search?q=esp...m=93&espv=210&q=espn+east+coast+bias&safe=off

https://www.google.com/search?q=esp...v=210&q=espn+east+coast+bias&safe=off&tbm=nws

As a West Coast fan and fan of the Seahawks (live in Chicago but would never root for the Bears and always find means to watch the Seahawks),

Shut up.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understand whey fans get so riled up about media bias or whatever you want to call it. I am a Cardinal fan.... Probably the least respected franchise in sports...historically. I could care less about what the national media thinks about the Cardinals. Just win and they will respect you. Quite frankly, I think the Seahawks have been one of the most talked about franchises this year. Why....... because they are winning. If you want to hear about your team, tune into the local media or local radio talk shows.

No offense to Seahawks fans, but it seems like anytime a east coast bias thread starts, it comes form a Hawks fan. Why is national attention so important to you? It will be much more gratifying if you win the superbowl and force ESPN to talk about you.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite frankly, I think the Seahawks have been one of the most talked about franchises this year..

mostly when they play east coast teams

if you're really an AZ fan, there's no way you're so completely oblivious to reality.

i'm not even a big football fan, but it's patently obvious to anybody that's not an addle-minded feeb.

i go to peoria 2-3 times per year, and love most AZ sports, btw.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right! How DARE ESPN ignore a team with such a glorious past as the Seattle Seahawks, with their zero Super Bowl wins!

How dare ESPN ignore such a magnificent group of talented baseball players like the Seattle Mariners, with their zero World Series wins and whopping .438 winning percentage last year!

Oh, how that broadcasting company will rue the day they ever ignored the might behemoths that spawn from the Pacific Northwest!!!!!!

12th Man INDEED!!!!

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right! How DARE ESPN ignore a team with such a glorious past as the Seattle Seahawks, with their zero Super Bowl wins!....

exactly the mindset that non-sports fans endorse.

congrats on being the quintessential espn customer. sports fans need not apply.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understand whey fans get so riled up about media bias or whatever you want to call it. I am a Cardinal fan.... Probably the least respected franchise in sports...historically. I could care less about what the national media thinks about the Cardinals. Just win and they will respect you. Quite frankly, I think the Seahawks have been one of the most talked about franchises this year. Why....... because they are winning. If you want to hear about your team, tune into the local media or local radio talk shows.

No offense to Seahawks fans, but it seems like anytime a east coast bias thread starts, it comes form a Hawks fan. Why is national attention so important to you? It will be much more gratifying if you win the superbowl and force ESPN to talk about you.

Too much coffee, grunge, and meh looking women? :noidea:

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
exactly the mindset that non-sports fans endorse.

congrats on being the quintessential espn customer. sports fans need not apply.

So your dumbass opinion is that if you were a sports fan, you'd like/pay attention tomWest Coast teams? Is that it?

That's the stupidest thing I think I've ever read.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your dumbass opinion is that if you were a sports fan, you'd like/pay attention tomWest Coast teams? .

sports fans pay attention to all relevant teams

nobody would mistake you for a sports fan, though, sweetie

you're the "fan" that espn has cultivated. good for you!

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I own ESPN?

That's a clown comment, bro.

You're a moron.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Shehawks are an annoying team led by a cheater as a head coach, and apparently containing an adderall dispensary in that shitty stadium in the rain.

If I had to guess, I would offer that the very fact that the architects of that stadium built it in such a way so as to make crowd noise affect the teams that play there - the very fact that "how can we affect crowd noise" - was part of the design phase of the Clink, is one of the reasons that Seattle doesn't get very much respect.

I mean, if you have to resort to designing stadiums to help out your shitty team and poor fanbase, you've already lost.

Arrowhead stadium, that just broke the decibel meter, is 40 yrs old.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Shehawks are an annoying team led by....

please try to abstain from tween histrionics.

let us all know when you're done reading the latest twilight book.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what exactly do you want? the west coast and midwest in general are boring as fuck when it comes to sports. you have a bunch of states like nevada, idaho, north/south dakota, wyoming, etc.. that are left out of the professional aspect of sports.

the teams that have excelled or shown something now or over the years like the broncos, lakers, kings, niners, cowboys.. they're most certainly given the time.

the pats, giants and steelers have won a ton of division titles and superbowls in recent time. even the eagles have won 8 division titles since 2001, with a superbowl appearance. and the same thing applies to teams like the packers, blackhaws, red sox, cardinals, yankees, phillies, bruins, celtics.

so why the hell would anyone waste significant time on a handful of teams that rarely do anything out west?

MRVegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN caters to it's customers, more of them on the east coast - just a fact. If you are good they will come no matter where you are. I think just about everyone watches ESPN but most don't seem to like them.

I am from Las Vegas, and in late 70's at K O Knudsen Junior High I remember throwing ally oops up to 9th graders for slam dunks. If you are tall enough you can dunk a basketball so I laugh when half of the top 10 plays every night on ESPN are from guys who are taller than most slam dunking a basketball. Yet the hockey play, which most of us could never do, barely squeaks in there? They cater to the BB fans since they have a contract. Then again back when they had an NHL contract they did a horrible job promoting that sport - which IMO is the best live sport and 2nd best overall to football. ESPN obviously feels otherwise.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how you are basing bias on geography. Espn is a for profit company who's revenue depends on viewership (i.e. NASCAR - they jumped in big time after the saw how it appeals to non traditional sports fan). They therefore will give attention to the sports/teams/players that will drive viewership. They tend to be king makers in this regard. Why is there so much more press on Russel Wilson than Nick Foles? Last year there was much more attention to RG3 than Luck. This wasn't because Rg3 was better, it was because he was more exciting.
Look at things for what ther are rather than something manufactured

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never would've guessed.

bandwagon fans are 100X worse than espn.

I lived in Seattle 29 years dumbass (am 29 now... since you're obviously a complete dumb **** that means I have been here for less than...... got it???? still thinking???? ONE YEAR) and rooted for the Hawks in the 90s (was born mid 80s so can't really comprehend what's going on that young).

Stop making a fool out of yourself. See what happens when you assume things about people you don't know? You look like an utter and complete idiot.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no east coast bias.

There is a ratings bias. They talk about what sells.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being retired with too much time on my hands, I watch a lot of these espn, nfl am, first take shows.
First, I think Jerry Jones has pictures all these commentators want kept secret because the cowboys for an average team get way too much coverage.
There is a definite bias but I agree it is all about money and markets. As far a Seattle, we are in south east Alaska and that flight is a bummer. The top guys get to call their own shots as far as which games they cover so we get the guys without a lot of pull.
The Mariners? They were offering tickets to games as stocking stuffers. I would rather get a re-gifted fruit cake. Nothing worse than an owner who has never attended a single game. They have become a farm team for the rest of the league. Soccer out draws them by a mile and that is just weird!

The Seahawks, Most of their history, they have had disinterested or just really stupid ownership. Only since Paul Allen took over have we had a reasonable chance at a championship. And finally I think Seattle fans can look forward to a competitive team more years than not. That's all you can ask for.
Screw espn and the bias. It only gives the players another chip and it screws up the betting lines.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of you know what ESPN stands for????EASTERN SPORTS PROGRAMMING NETWORK!!!
They originated in Bristol, Connecticut as a New England sports outlet hoping to grab the Celtics, Red Sox, and Bruins and University of Conn. basketball and football broadcasts. Thing was they were better than NBC, ABC and CBS and they were a 24 hour network of nothing but sports. Now their broadcasts originate from Los Angeles.......they don't suck up to eastern franchises anymore.
Like most media, they push and shove when Manning, the Arena Superstar, reaches for his zipper.