• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

fuck culliver

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I gotta say is bye bye Cully! :yahoo:

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cully has talent, the niners wouldn't be in the super bowl without the pick he had against matty ice. he's had a lot of pass break ups that have been the difference between a win and a loss for the niners this season. there are only a few corners that can go out and completely shut down the opposing wr and even those guys have off days, cept for maybe revis island. cully has done his part and for a second year, he's been pretty damn good. i blame this loss more on whitner's bad coverage on the first two tds than on cully missing a tackle. sure he should get blamed for it, but he wasn't the sole reason they lost. kid's gonna learn from this mistake like kwill did last year. go niners!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm still hearing it from my boys:

Getting Toasted.jpg

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still hearing it from my boys:

View attachment 4443

I hate seeing this play nearly as much as the holding call (but obviously not as much). If he had the presence of mind and position to touch him after he caught it, our defense could have kept them to a field goal. Unless, of course, they throw it to Cully's man. 4 points right there, we would have kicked a FG instead of that darn fade. Plus, we would have kicked the 1-pt conversion, not attempt the 2 pts. The Baltimore FG would have been the same because they'd need to kick for a tie game at 30.

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hate seeing this play nearly as much as the holding call (but obviously not as much). If he had the presence of mind and position to touch him after he caught it, our defense could have kept them to a field goal. Unless, of course, they throw it to Cully's man. 4 points right there, we would have kicked a FG instead of that darn fade. Plus, we would have kicked the 1-pt conversion, not attempt the 2 pts. The Baltimore FG would have been the same because they'd need to kick for a tie game at 30.

That was my dream scenario too after getting burnt by the receiver. I mean it wouldn't been a guaranteed situation in which we held them down to a fg, but at least it would have given us a chance. Urggh!!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact he failed to touch him down there wasn't that big of a deal to me after the Niners got the FG at the end of the half. Let me explain. IIRC, this play happened with about 2 minutes left in the second quarter. Let's say our defense holds them to a FG, but the Ravens eat up some clock. If that happened, then I don't think Kaep and the offense would've gotten the FG at the end of the half. The fact that he failed to touch him there most likely made a 1-point difference, IMO.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would've down 17-3 at the half instead of 21-6.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I think about it, maybe it was huge since we wouldn't have had to go for 2 later in the game.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my dream scenario too after getting burnt by the receiver. I mean it wouldn't been a guaranteed situation in which we held them down to a fg, but at least it would have given us a chance. Urggh!!

For a bit, I was too arrogant (not in words, but in thoughts) due to my general optimism - when they scored first, I was thinking, "ok, at least we won't get them saying that they came out flat or didn't play their game." When they scored the second to go up 14-3, I was thinking, "ok, know we can qualify for the biggest comeback in Super Bowl history." Then he scored the 56 yarder, and I thought, "ok, we get the ball once more." It wasn't until the missed field goal (before the running into the kicker penalty) that I started to worry. Then, the kickoff made me just start hoping for turnovers. We got the fumble. I had always hoped for turnovers, but I also thought winning without them would prevent the other team from saying they lost it. At 28-6, I don't care about that any more. I was more optimistic, though, for no good reason, when the lights went out. Then, we had to punt and it was back to hoping.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We would've down 17-3 at the half instead of 21-6.

Now that I think about it, maybe it was huge since we wouldn't have had to go for 2 later in the game.

You're right, the Ravens last field goal if we take all this into account would be for the lead, not the tie, 30-27. Then, we could kick the field goal, barring some overthinking by Harbaugh.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, the Ravens last field goal if we take all this into account would be for the lead, not the tie, 30-27. Then, we could kick the field goal, barring some overthinking by Harbaugh.

Yeah, we would've been down 30-27 on that last drive. I don't know if my heart could've taken a Akers' FG attempt for a tie, though.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, we would've been down 30-27 on that last drive. I don't know if my heart could've taken a Akers' FG attempt for a tie, though.

I wanted the Akers for the tie and win in OT (after stopping them first) - redemption! But then I couldn't risk the SB for a chance at that scenario. I wanted the TD.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted the Akers for the tie and win in OT (after stopping them first) - redemption! But then I couldn't risk the SB for a chance at that scenario. I wanted the TD.

Would've been wide left, my friend. Wide left. Maybe Cully spared us an even worse fate. In the end, we still lose, but I'd rather not lose on a missed FG like that and have Akers suffer a nervous breakdown or worse after the game.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would've been wide left, my friend. Wide left. Maybe Cully spared us an even worse fate. In the end, we still lose, but I'd rather not lose on a missed FG like that and have Akers suffer a nervous breakdown or worse after the game.

Oh hell yes it would have...and with that kind of pressure - it may have landed in the tunnel.