• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin blows off NFL team workout

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a legitimate concern and needs to be flushed out if we would consider him at 34. Work ethic issues rarely get turned around. They tend to resurface again and again. We don't need another LeRiebus.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if a guy wont work on his craft then what good is he . i cant draft him at 34

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree this is a red flag. I would be interested to see which team it was that he blew off though. I could see a situation where you would want to lessen your chances of being drafted by a particular team. But this is going to do more to hurt his draft stock over all, not help it.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My God, we don't need a wr anyway. We have holes all over the defense and o line and we are going to spend our only quality pick on a #4 wr? FS, ILB, DE, CB, RT, G. Our offense boast of RG3, the fastest WR in the entire league, another WR who led the league in catches, one of the best young TE's in the game, a RB who has balled out and been more consistant than our top pick from that same draft, spent on a quality slot guy in Roberts, signed two guards, all this with a defense that was one of the worst I have seen in recent memory, and we go WR with our top pick? Don't quite understand the logic in this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..............OK, on to the absurd. Maybe he's been reading all of these posts about what Washington should do at #34 in relation to him, and wants to deliberately sabotage his draft stock in order to drop to that pick, thus enhancing the collective angst. :doh:

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard about this too, but I don't have the details. Something about he was exhausted over weight questions...

That is terrible. You never miss a potential job interview with a dream employer

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heard about this too, but I don't have the details. Something about he was exhausted over weight questions...

That is terrible. You never miss a potential job interview with a dream employer

As I said, depends on the team. Not saying he was right in doing it at all. But say it was the Raiders... would you fault some one for trying to get off their radar?? Some places are just a black hole after all. And I do put some weight in his agent possibly telling him to tank a workout. Believe me, if the Honey Badger can get into the NFL, some one is going to draft Benjamin. And I stil doubt he falls to lower than the top five picks in the second round.

Now if we draft him at 34, the scene at at least one Skins fans house will be this.....

flat%20screen%20broken%201.png

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, depends on the team. Not saying he was right in doing it at all. But say it was the Raiders... would you fault some one for trying to get off their radar?? Some places are just a black hole after all. And I do put some weight in his agent possibly telling him to tank a workout. Believe me, if the Honey Badger can get into the NFL, some one is going to draft Benjamin. And I stil doubt he falls to lower than the top five picks in the second round.

Now if we draft him at 34, the scene at at least one Skins fans house will be this.....

View attachment 9540

:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Now that's funny!

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 9540

SHARK!!! Then he needs to fire his agent. He's not a QB, he doesn't hold that type of weight in the draft, he won't change a franchise around in one year. I too wouldn't even want to try out with the Raiders...but its the point, you have to be a professional. Realistically he won't land with them...or that "suspect team" but now he has TWO red flags....overweight and poor character. The team that drafts him, now has to deal with a "lazy rookie project that will never reach his full potential" Bad move...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem depending on who he blew off.

You may not have "that type of weight", but I see nothing wrong with telling a team you're not interested in being drafted by them, and aren't willing to give them a private workout.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem depending on who he blew off.

You may not have "that type of weight", but I see nothing wrong with telling a team you're not interested in being drafted by them, and aren't willing to give them a private workout.

That's the thing. He didn't tell them that. He agreed to a private meeting and then didn't show.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you getting that?

I don't doubt you but I can't find much information that isn't really loose speculation based on one source I don't have reason to put much faith in.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's the thing, from what I've heard(but haven't confirmed)...he just AWOL'd and NFL workout. Really?
Doesn't he think that looks bad to the other 31 prospects...???
Obviously no one wants to go to the Raiders but c'mon

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing. He didn't tell them that. He agreed to a private meeting and then didn't show.

OK, in a reality scenario Im sure some of us have set up job interviews only to decide it wasnt the job we wanted and either canceled or out right blew it off. If we are going to use the excuse of he was just young and didnt know any better for some players, then that reasoning should be applicable to all to some degree. I agree its not quite how I would have dealt with it. But as I said, odds are this kid does not drop out of the top five picks in the second round. Most have him going in the first round. So depending on exactly which team he blew off, I doubt it will hurt him much. And yes you do hear of teams dropping this sort of info this time every year. Im going to toss it out there, dont be shocked if the Patriots some how end up picking him.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it too late to take his spot to try out? I can clean and flip burgers.