• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FSU RB Dalvin Cook being investigated for assault

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FSU president's full statement.

Looks like the University/President is a little pissed off and tired of being embarrassed. Hopefully it will be a good thing for all involved. I read a tweet from some reporter that said there were 20 FSU athletes accused of crimes against women since 2009, so it's a good thing that they're going to work to get a handle on this situation (which is an epidemic on college campuses all over the country, and not just with athletes).

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the University/President is a little pissed off and tired of being embarrassed. Hopefully it will be a good thing for all involved. I read a tweet from some reporter that said there were 20 FSU athletes accused of crimes against women since 2009, so it's a good thing that they're going to work to get a handle on this situation (which is an epidemic on college campuses all over the country, and not just with athletes).
He is new too. A politician by trade. Literally in FL politics for 20 yrs. The previous President was only an interim President. And yeah the new President is pissed. Funniest part to me is asking Willie Meggs to speak to them. Kind of like a little version of Scared Straight.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimbo Fisher said:
We spend a good deal of time educating our student-athletes about appropriate behavior and their responsibilities as representatives of Florida State.
Hey dumbass - how about you expend some energy on holding your players accountable. And quit inviting sociopaths into the damned program.

Seriously. The coach needs to take some level of responsibility for the incompetent way he backs up the "time educating our student-athletes."clearly, the education is not taking. It is no mystery why that is.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey dumbass - how about you expend some energy on holding your players accountable. And quit inviting sociopaths into the damned program.

Seriously. The coach needs to take some level of responsibility for the incompetent way he backs up the "time educating our student-athletes."clearly, the education is not taking. It is no mystery why that is.
It is no mystery? So you know these kids and their background? Come on. You are guessing as to why. You have nothing to back it up with. Unless you speak of being inner city people. Not using the racial card. Just where they are geographically from.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is no mystery? So you know these kids and their background? Come on. You are guessing as to why. You have nothing to back it up with. Unless you speak of being inner city people. Not using the racial card. Just where they are geographically from.
I'm not the one who needs to know their backgrounds. But i am confident that the person who recruits these miscreants is intimately familiar with each and every one of them. That is, after all, his job.

That said, color me confused as to how their "backgrounds" are even relevent. Are there some backgrounds people can have that excuse violent criminal behavior?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the one who needs to know their backgrounds. But i am confident that the person who recruits these miscreants is intimately familiar with each and every one of them. That is, after all, his job.

That said, color me confused as to how their "backgrounds" are even relevent. Are there some backgrounds people can have that excuse violent criminal behavior?
You implied one of two things. Either these guys are criminals before they get there and people are overlooking it. Or that the staff just doesn't give a damn about people being in trouble. Which is it? If the first then you shouldn't say anything without knowing their background. If the second you shouldn't speak in a definitive manner without knowing what the staff has said or done

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goddamn, FSU. Get your players under control. Yet another player being looked at for assaulting a woman, this one a 21-year old woman outside of a bar on June 23.

FSU has 20 sexual assault accusations over past six years. That is an absolute disgrace.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU has 20 sexual assault accusations over past six years. That is an absolute disgrace.
Incorrect. There have been 20 cases of violence against women. Not 20 cases of sexual assault. That number is between battery like this one, harassment, and up to sexual assault. It is also between basketball and football teams. Not just football.

Just want to put the actual facts out there. Even if deplorable.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here we go with the crazy expectations on coaches to be able to see the future and/or deny any kid who comes from a troubled background the opportunity to better their lives.

Tell me what do you expect coaches to do here? You make the broad statements about their "background". What "background" do you think should disqualify someone? If they come from a poor neighborhood? If they didn't make the best grades? If they don't dress a certain way? Just how fucking dixiecrat do you think coaches should be in who they pick? Is it ok if their hair touches their collar? Are they allowed to have holes in their jeans, or is that a sign they may be undesirable?

And let's say you go full on crazy, if a coach misses exactly what do you expect to happen? That coach should be fired immediately? Should we publicly shame them? Put them in the square and throw fruit at them? Jail them as an accessory to the crimes?

Exactly what the fuck do you think they can do here? Do you think Jameis Winston told Jimbo Fisher straight up front - hey coach, I am going to fuck that girl, get accused of r*pe and it's going to be a big huge thing. Do you think Jimbo Fisher recruited him, this or any other guy with direct knowledge they were going to do these things?

The majority of kids work out fine. Well, not just the majority, the overwhelming majority. And I'd bet money that more kids who show the "signs" and "backgrounds" that are questionable work out than don't.

All I see are kids learning lessons the hard way 99% of the time.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point can you make a case for lack of institutional control ?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point can you make a case for lack of institutional control ?

When Jimbo Fisher starts holding the women down for the players...

:wtf:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because a player is from the hood or barrio or what ever economic or family disadvantage he may have you still have to take into account the kids character when you recruit him and not every kid in that situation is a trouble maker. Nowadays you know the kid since he was probably a sophomore and probably have a good idea if he's the kind who will be at a bar (In Florida I guess you can be in one at 18) at 2 am when he's on the team or not. Most likey these last two got in trouble in High school too. You can't control every players behavior but you can control how many of these borderline kids you're willing to take. Looks like Jimbo doesn't mind taking more than the usual and now it's biting him in the ass. The number of incidents from FSU players in the past two three years is way out of line.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because a player is from the hood or barrio or what ever economic or family disadvantage he may have you still have to take into account the kids character when you recruit him and not every kid in that situation is a trouble maker. Nowadays you know the kid since he was probably a sophomore and probably have a good idea if he's the kind who will be at a bar (In Florida I guess you can be in one at 18) at 2 am when he's on the team or not. Most likey these last two got in trouble in High school too. You can't control every players behavior but you can control how many of these borderline kids you're willing to take. Looks like Jimbo doesn't mind taking more than the usual and now it's biting him in the ass. The number of incidents from FSU players in the past two three years is way out of line.

You mean two to three years? That would total 9. Jameis Winston, Karlos Williams, Deandre Johnson, Dalvin Cook, Jesus Wilson, Ronald Darby(passenger), PJ Williams(Driver), Ira Denson, and Greg Dent.

Of those 9 men 3 have been kicked off the team. I suspect it will be 4 here shortly. So half of the men who have gotten into trouble have been or will be dismissed from the team.

I think the biggest problem with Jimbo is his second chance nature. There was an article (if I can find it)he was interviewed for about him dismissing Greg Reid. It really bothers him that he had to dismiss Reid(2 misdemeanor pot charges in GA) and the others. Maybe he needs to dial back the "family mentality" that he speaks of so much. If you are too involved with them that can put you in bad situations.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am far from the only person who believes a great deal of the problems at Florida State fall on the coach's door step. Here is an article from USAToday that ran last Fall - before either of the recent bar-fight incidents.

Armour: Put blame at Florida State where it belongs

There is a pretty clear pattern forming at Florida State.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am far from the only person who believes a great deal of the problems at Florida State fall on the coach's door step. Here is an article from USAToday that ran last Fall - before either of the recent bar-fight incidents.

Armour: Put blame at Florida State where it belongs

There is a pretty clear pattern forming at Florida State.
Pretty clear pattern. You and the author are assuming a ton of shit without any knowledge. Here is the best part of that article.

"Instead of educating, Fisher has enabled, fostering a culture where accountability is an annoyance for other people and athletic talent is enough to absolve almost any sin. And Florida State and its faithful go right along with him."

You, her nor I have a clue as to what he is or isn't doing. The make your opinion as fact is just hubris on your part. You can have 1 million people who are not there state their opinions. It does not and never will make it factual. How difficult is that to comprehend?