• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FSU Jimbo Gone

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
l have a feeling this will not end well for Fischer or Tamu

Yep, I cannot understand why you would fire a coach for only winning eight games to go and hire a coach who has only won five(will be six Saturday).

That's just brilliant isn't it?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...

I've said the same thing in different threads on this board for the past two months.
He is not an excellent x and o man. He's a paint-by-the-number coach who is predictable
as hell.

Now we have to right the ship. If we can get an above average recruiter and an above
average coach, we'll come out ahead on this deal.

If the guy we get is an excellent x and o man...we'll be contending next year with 10 returning
starters on offense. BUT, that guy could have immediate success and if he is weak at recruiting
we could have issues his third or fourth year. We'll deal with that then.

Once the unknown is taken care of (new coach)...we will proceed forward. We won't have any
problems having people interview for the job. We just need to move quickly and ensure our
recruiting class.

We won't have to put up with his yearly whining about money anymore. That's a good thing.

He will be remembered as an ICON at Florida State. Sort of...

In his words..." I con(ned) FSU for 8 years."

You sound like TB after we stole Chief.

Wonder if he sticks around.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I cannot understand why you would fire a coach for only winning eight games to go and hire a coach who has only won five(will be six Saturday).

to get one of those big name coaches who is one of a tiny handful of active coaches to win a natty.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he pulled a Petrino and just slipped out the door without saying anything to his players.

How is the starting QB at FSU not verified?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of Aggy fans feel the same. Guys hired under these kind of circumstances are placing a very LARGE bet on a winning, but questionable, coach.

If this blows up it could be the end for both his career and A&M at trying to get over the mediocrity they are always mired in.

Either way I think they're in for a helluva ride

So A&M has absolutely nothing to lose is what you are saying. I mean, we are mired in mediocrity so what is there to lose but money and money is pretty easy to replace.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

meh.. i just dont think he is all that and a box of chocolates.. guess it will depend on who he gets for coordinators

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So A&M has absolutely nothing to lose is what you are saying. I mean, we are mired in mediocrity so what is there to lose but money and money is pretty easy to replace.
is money that easy to replace? My thing is i couldve seen Jimbo being flirted with when he was winning but he is barely 500 this year
he couldn't seem to develop a qb this year any better then we could.. and he at least had a OL that blocked.. Idk.. just doesn't seem like a better option them what you had... just about the same

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is money that easy to replace? My thing is i couldve seen Jimbo being flirted with when he was winning but he is barely 500 this year
he couldn't seem to develop a qb this year any better then we could.. and he at least had a OL that blocked.. Idk.. just doesn't seem like a better option them what you had... just about the same

What the fuck games were you watching?

Edit: Sorry, FSU had the 113th most sacks allowed, while Florida had the 123rd. Clearly FSU's line was significantly better. All-Americans all across the board

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is leaving a program with a recent tradition of playing for and winning national titles
He is leaving a fertile recruiting ground
He is leaving a football obsessed deep pocketed program
He is leaving essentially a relatively straightfoward pathway to national title games every year
For a lesser program
For a trickier pathway to success
For a place with even more delusional impatient boosters

When people say its not about the MONEY, it is always about the MONEY.
Jimbo would have taken the UTEP job if they offered him 8 million per year instead of A&M's 7.5 million.

What a magnificent Greedy Fucking Bastard. Tip your cap for Jimbo making it rain

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the fuck games were you watching?

Edit: Sorry, FSU had the 113th most sacks allowed, while Florida had the 123rd. Clearly FSU's line was significantly better. All-Americans all across the board
not quite AAs :lol: ... however im not sure you could get much worse then ours.. and its been 1 year for yall.. not 3 like us.. so there is that

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is leaving a program with a recent tradition of playing for and winning national titles
He is leaving essentially a relatively straightfoward pathway to national title games every year
For a lesser program

Jimbo would have taken the UTEP job if they offered him 8 million per year instead of A&M's 7.5 million.

What a magnificent Greedy Fucking Bastard. Tip your cap for Jimbo making it rain
FSU doesn't have that deep of pockets and the ACC has the worst payout of the P5 conferences.

You're just talking out of your ass.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i was talking about compared to us.. not anyone else.. im pretty sure we were like 106th 112th and 123 in offense and worse on sacks .. in the last 3 years

I literally posted the link. FSU was significantly worse last year in terms of sacks. But FSU's running back was lightyears better than anybody UF threw out there

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a lesser program

would you want to hang out on the campus your ex wife meet the two fuckers that whored her out? he gonna live like a king in college station.....joey freshwater got nothing on him

jwolt92

Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would you want to hang out on the campus your ex wife meet the two fuckers that whored her out? he gonna live like a king in college station.....joey freshwater got nothing on him

You're literally too stupid to insult

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That actually doesn't make sense. Sorry, I don't pay attention to non-bowl qualifying teams
CSIR_VUUEAIQPvy.png:large