• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

fsu and clemson to the big 12

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certain FSU fans are indeed angry about their lack of success, but it's self inflicted. If they can't even consistently compete and win the ACC, why would they leave for a league that would be much harder to compete in (much less win) and would require significantly further travel for their fans?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certain FSU fans are indeed angry about their lack of success, but it's self inflicted. If they can't even consistently compete and win the ACC, why would they leave for a league that would be much harder to compete in (much less win) and would require significantly further travel for their fans?

would you rather save up and go to texas,ou,wv,tcu(dfw) or go to wake forest,duke,nc,nc state........because you cant be mentioning BC,syracuse,maryland and pitt if you are worried about travel for their fans

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, the Big12 has performed better than the ACC on the big stage in recent years, but I don't get why everyone thinks the Big12 is harder. Texas is the only school who recruits at the same caliber as FSU. VT swept home and home series with A&M and Nebraska over the past decade and still has possession of the Black Diamond Trophy (WVU).

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fsu to austin---14 hrs

fsu to ames--20hrs

fsu to boston--22 hours

fsu to wake forest--10 hrs

fsu to tcu---14 hours

fsu to pitt--15 1/2 hours

fsu to oklahoma---16 hrs

.......lets not act like the acc is a regional conference

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the Big12 has performed better than the ACC on the big stage in recent years, but I don't get why everyone thinks the Big12 is harder. Texas is the only school who recruits at the same caliber as FSU. VT swept home and home series with A&M and Nebraska over the past decade and still has possession of the Black Diamond Trophy (WVU).

it is top heavy.....like the sec........but i believe the sec/big 12 middle teams are also tougher than the acc/b1g/pac middle teams the last couple of years.....is that always true (NO)....the acc has the problem as of right now that their TOP teams are not perceived (and really has proven to be true) not as good as other conferences top teams......sorry but that is true

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:rolleyes: Yeah, the 3-4 million more a year would really entice a move...

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And promptly lost to Kansas. :pound:

And FSU and UT are 0-2 against OU the last two seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprisingly the West Virginians haven't clammed up once they joined the league. In the absence of any other expansion news, here's what's currently circulating their site:

- FSU is not in a hurry and is not only waiting for all the money to play out, but also what the ACC's reaction will be once it is complete. Baron is getting a lot of pressure from boosters and Jimbo to evaluate the numbers and their decision will be a financial one
- VT is getting jumpy, but not because of the money. Both VT and FSU seem to be pissed that the ACC is offering a sweetheart deal to ND that may include Olympic only membership, but still receiving a cut of the football and Orange Bowl shares
- Due to this they are currently running the numbers on what the SEC would bring in. They could jump ship if someone else leaves first or if ND accepts a deal
- One report, from a Wolfpack source I guess, was that VT requested FSU be brought with them if they went to the SEC. I believe the report stated that they wouldn't move without FSU, but that just seems more odd than the rest of this to me
- Beamer, as you can imagine, is completely against moving out of the ACC and has more pull with the pres than the AD
- B1G has been in discussions with UVA for months, but apparently Maryland and UNC are on its radar too

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MHver3 ‏@MHver3
My source in the AD assures me that the SEC will not be courting FSU or Clemson. Gentle mans agreement on two counts
ben george

‏@laxtonto
@MHver3 What about VT and the B12? Or are we nice and honorable now as well?

‏@MHver3
@laxtonto we are not talking with VT.

‏@MHver3
@laxtonto and yes we are being honorable with 2 specific teams as well.
Ben Boyd

‏@Stilts19
@MHver3 is the Big12 ever going to ink a TV deal?

MHver3 ‏@MHver3
@Stilts19 probably. Seriously, it's being delayed for a reason. The numbers are final. The tv schedule is finalized. Patience. Its all good

MHver3 ‏@MHver3
Unfortunately, tomorrows events [ed note: Clemson's AD retiring] will probably be the end of needing one of those teams on a gentlemans agreement. Noshortage of replacements

MHver3 ‏@MHver3
@troyboy8ball and with TDP retiring, so goes our biggest ally. Short-sighted administration.

MHver3 ‏@MHver3
As long as we score the big fish it doesn't really matter who number 12 is.
Christian Goodman

‏@troyboy8ball
@MHver3 Is there still any chance that FSU and someone else announce soon and begin Big 12 play in 2013?

MHver3 ‏@MHver3
@troyboy8ball still possible but not likely. I'm still going with Oct/Nov for now.

MHver3 ‏@MHver3
Swofford's "state of the union" he delivered at Clemson was the last straw for a man who had already gotten one foot out the door.

MHver3 ‏@MHver3
Someone at Clemson needs to step up and decide if they want to be a player or settle for mediocrity. They need an Oliver Luck clone.

Brandon Gandy ‏@bgandy777
@MHver3 you hearing Danny Morrison to CU as AD? Pres of Carolina Panthers and was AD at TCU before that? Bad hire if true..He's a puppet!

MHver3 ‏@MHver3
@bgandy777 if they hire him kiss the B12 goodbye.

some tweets going around

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yawn: Call me when someone with some actual info leaks something substantive...

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like said earlier and by a few people it wont happen this year probably next summer..........

Not trying to be a douche (although I really do sound like one, sorry man...) but all these unfounded rumors have gotten old. Fast. The four letter network really effed up this time last year when they erroneously announced that FSU and Clemson were headed to the SEC, and then when the Clemson/FSU to the B12 rumors started and nothing substantive happened... well enough is enough.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The B1G has had no contact with UVA and have dropped their interest in Maryland like a bad habit, and did so over a year ago. UNC has never been in their equation either.

Beamer would like to stay in the ACC but would make the move if the climate changes.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why would any conference be interested in Maryland? Their athletic department is in bad shape financially. If FSU is trully entertaining leaving, it's because they're in the same shape. They just need to produce. They can bitch and moan about UF having 2-3x the revenue but bottom line .. FSU recruits as well as just about any SEC team. They have no excuses for underachieving.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah .. and then comes the "it's gonna happen next year now" shit ... and how is oliver luck such a genius? the difference between WVU and VT is that WVU had NO other options ... NONE ... my 9-yr old son could've made THAT business decision. And to my knowledge, you can continue to talk about your pie-in-the-sky dollar figures but I STILL haven't seen where the contract has been signed by the BOG ... so until that happens, it's all just non-guaranteed funny money. why hasn't it been signed bone?? or provide a link confirming that it has.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and FWIW .. it doesn't sound to me like Texas is crazy about expansion anyway (no reason now to go past 10 ... there's an easier path to the playoff WITHOUT a CCG and playing round-robin) .... unless they were able to bring Notre Dame on board of course. ND changes everything for any potential suitor and they have very little incentive to join a conference for football now.