• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

fsu and clemson to the big 12

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still anything can happen but thats how i took the talk coming out of fsu..(deny,deny,deny until its time)

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dude of WV‏ @ theDudeofWV --Today's post was my last post on expansion. It will happen by July 31st or it wont happen. Nothing more I can add.

so there we go....

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so imo.....the play-off announcement today saved ND from having to join a conference,but with a 4 team format with a selection committee i dont see the acc beating out the other conferences for a spot.......so hello fsu/clemson???

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
check that........take out the might......apparently(if true) its getting announced this week-end

fsu,clemson in and im not sure but ND as a partial also

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The information about this weekend being important is true, but not like everything is expecting. There will be information "leaked" this weekend but it is not going to be anything official. ACC has not been notified of any departure, Big 12 has not officially voted on any "invitations". Notre Dame has not notified the Big East of their intent to leave either. Everything to this point has been straw poll and handshake deals between intermediaries and behind closed doors. There is just too much that needs to be done before anything can be made official. It is possible but is considered highly unlikely and is not scheduled as of last night.

As far as Notre Dame goes, if they felt they needed to be in a conference in order to be included in the new playoff they were going to join the ACC in all sports. However, since the playoff is going to consist of the top four and be left up to a selection committee Notre Dame can stay independent. Consequently, (preliminarily) the new playoff format is going to allow the committee to pick schools from the top 8 in the final BCS standings, RPI and SOS will have a bearing on decisions. Contrary to what has been tweeted and rumored this playoff format actually hurts the ACC, even if FSU and Clemson were to stay. However, this is the best Swofford could have done to at least give the ACC a fighting chance. There is no automatic qualifier to get into the playoff, the ACC will have to earn a spot just like everyone else. They are not strong enough to be a yearly contender.

Do not expect the Big 12 to expand past 12 OR expect the SEC to expand any time soon. There is a gentlemans agreement between the two not to expand any further. The weaker the ACC becomes the more likely the B1G is to expand with ACC schools. Neither conference want the B1G in their footprint, ie. geographically, electronically, recruiting. With this said, do not be surprised to hear of ACC schools making contact with the B1G, Big 12, or SEC.

Swofford and the ACC knew that without Notre Dame, FSU and Clemson to the Big 12 could fall through. The courting of Notre Dame to the ACC was less about the ACC wanting them and more about keeping FSU and Clemson.

There are disagreements within the Big 12 as to how the divisions will align once FSU and Clemson come aboard. OU and UT are not seeing eye to eye on divisional alignment.

Expect ESPN to explore renegotiating both the ACC and Big 12 media contracts if/when Clemson and FSU join the Big 12. Big 12 media contract has not been signed and ACC contract has renegotiation clause if schools leave.

^^^^dont know the source material....saw it on the shag

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‏@theDudeofWV: I'm going to write about the reason the B12 has delayed invitations.

‏@theDudeofWV: Everybody will be mad.

@theDudeofWV: Hint: it's about FSU and Clemson.

‏@theDudeofWV: Tomorrow I have an update that will make some of you angry and I'll ask for a little help from my friends.

@theDudeofWV: Somebody in the B12 is blocking Clemson thinking ND joins in all sports. May cause FSU to say no.

@theDudeofWV: A trusted FoP of the Mountaineer program confirmed It tonight. The individual doing the blocking is on the expansion committee.

heard some rumors yesterday clemson might be out and texas is wanting to wait on ND.......

might be falling apart:pout:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...

Notre Dame is gang busting the expansionists. That's pretty funny. I bet they're just trying to fight off the super conferences.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard something this morning I do not believe but who knows...
I heard Notre Dame and the Pac 12 are talking about joining for football only, and this is what I could not believe the 14th school would be Boise State.

From what I heard Notre Dame would join the South.
Every Year they would play their Road Game at Arizona or At Utah in Dallas.
They would keep Michigan State and Navy on their OOC and one other Big 10 school each year then some other school.
They would be locked into playing Stanford every year from the other division.
UCLA would no longer play Stanford every year.
Pac 12 would go back to 8 conference game (6 in division 2 out of)

They knew very little about Boise other than
They would play in the North.
They would be locked with Utah from the South.

What I was told was Notre Dame DOES NOT Want to play At Wazzu, Boise or Oregon State ever, let alone 3 times in 12 years. I was also told Cal and UCLA are opposed to this very very much...

The only thing I truly believe from what I was told is the Pac 12 will not go down to 8 Conference games, Unless they can get a 13th and 14th member. Half the schools want 8 Conference games, the others want 9. With this new playoff, 10 Conference games for the Champ will always put them behind every other conference.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am beginning to think this dude of WV is just a Big 12 homer that likes to talk. His stuff is not jelling with mine at all.

You hear anything like what DOOM posted? IMO, ND is playing all of the conferences to get the best deal. Sounds like they want to be in a conference but don't want to play a full conference schedule.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am beginning to think this dude of WV is just a Big 12 homer that likes to talk. His stuff is not jelling with mine at all.

kinda of how the feeling is getting on the shag...he his losing some cred he built up with the last expansion.........we shall see if it gets announced soon

the other guy that has been accurate isnt posting anymore only communicating thru pm's

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the dude tweeted that the big 12 is probably not expanding...........it still could happen

apparently fsu,clemson and other acc teams are willing but bowlsby and dodds believe ND is worth waiting for......

i wish i could get the other guys pm's :(

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a Big 12 expansion committee meeting this last weekend but no votes were cast and no recommendations made. It was a misinformation campaign to force ACC's hand. Now that ACC has a firm offer on the table to Notre Dame the Big 12 knows what they are working against. Big 12, including Texas, was getting fed up with Notre Dame requesting counter offers from the ACC. it had turned into a bidding war. there was information "leaked" this weekend but it was misinformation.

Big 12 knows that Notre Dame is leaning toward joining ACC as partial member. They will not join as full member into any conference. Big 12 expansion committee is waiting until BCS playoff format is finalized which is expected this week before they take any official votes on Clemson, FSU, or anyone else for that matter. The Big 12 feels it would be easier to sell the conference to schools knowing exactly what they have to offer and the BCS playoff format will be analyzed and reports will be distributed showing how the Big 12 would fair compared to the ACC.

As far as anything happening this year, it is looking less likely. Big 12 does not have the desire to play, even one season, with 11 schools. Do not be surprised to see the Big 12 invite FSU into the conference this summer but make it for the 2014 season. There is just too much backlash from certain schools regarding the thought of an 11 school conference.
If Clemson is not mentioned with FSU do not expect them to join later, it means they are out of the running

^^^^ this is the PM somebody posted it

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the baylor 24/7 mod...pretty trustworthy....is saying the big 12 has told clemson to shit or get off the pot

they are on the clock with GT holding the timer......

fsu and GT to the big 12..........