• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

From the "I thought it was a good idea at the time" dept.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furniture store in New Mexico has a grand opening featuring a kids playland (good idea) and live alligator feedings (eh, not so much)

You might say that competitive pressures in the slumping retail sector have become voracious, to judge by the example of a Premier furniture outlet store in Los Lunas, N.M.

The store featured a live alligator tank as part of its grand opening celebration, which was billed as family-friendly event. One area woman who showed up with her grandchildren left the store somewhat traumatized.

"When we walked up somebody tossed a live bunny into the pool for the alligators to eat," Amara Heising told Albuquerque's KOAT-TV. "There was a child's playhouse right next to this pool where these alligators were being thrown little bunnies and mice. It was horrible."

Premier managers say they warned customers with children whenever the gators were going to be served with a "live feeding," so that they would be able to move out of view of the tank. Still, the store has lost at least one future customer in Heising, who blasted the spectacle as "bizarre and unthinking."

A spokeswoman for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) told Yahoo! News that the alligator-tank promotion was "absurd." And as for the live feedings, she said the mice and rabbits thrown into the tank "should have been euthanized" in advance. She added that the group hopes the Premier store "pays attention to the public outcry and refuses to use exotic animals in the future."

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ew. That would gross me out.

Though "I thought it was a good idea at the time" might as well be my slogan for life.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I also thought of this.

Last edited by a moderator:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking sweet! All of the sudden I feel like buying a futon!!!

Just check it out first...I have a feeling that not only the assembled furniture at this store have a few "screws loose" :D

Squatchito

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is a good story. Made me think of this:

FarSideTroubleBrewing+001.jpg

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if alligator's eat PETA members?