• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I thought whining about the refs was all pure cope? When did this change?

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the popular narrative about the no-call seems to be that it costed the Saints the game. This all ignores the fact that the Saints got other favorable calls earlier in the game that could easily have changed the course of the game. It also ignores the fact that the Saints still took the lead to end that possession, their D allowed the Rams to drive for the game-tying FG with less than 2 minutes in regulation, how the Saints and Brees choked in OT whe they got the ball first, and the defense allowing L.A. to drive for the game-winning FG afterwards. It also ignores that the Rams DB was in great position to have made a pass deflection if not an INT on that play had he played the ball rather than rammed the Saints receiver, but they act like he tackled him from behind on a sure TD catch.

This was with the "elite, legendary" QB/HC combo of Drew Brees at home in New Orleans against a 3rd year QB and 2nd year HC in Jared Goff and McVay with a team that was a dumpster fire under Jeff Fisher just 3 seasons ago. This is the same Saints team and fans that told the Vikings to blame their own mistakes for their 2009 NFC championship loss despite several horrible calls/no-calls that went in favor of the Saints on the way to their Superbowl win, and that blaming the refs was just making excuses. But now, we're all supposed to cry a river of salt over 1 no-call for the Saints against L.A., despite the fact that their D allowed 2 more scores and their offense/Brees choked in OT, all after that play?

Yeah, let's blame the refs. Let's just ignore the fact that the Saints blew a 13-point lead in a home NFC championship game and gave up 2 scores plus choked their opening OT drive away on offense after that no-call. Yep, that was the only play of the game that mattered, and they totally got robbed of a Superbowl trip. Some of you have incredibly short memories.

Stay salty.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints got screwed.
There were 2 refs within a couple feet of that PI no call. At minimum it was a helmet to helmet hit.
Then of course there was the other one.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to be fair here, Drew Brees said pretty much this same thing in the post game presser. The guy is a class act even in defeat. The opposite of Sean Payton.
There were a bunch of calls missed in that game but the bottom line is the Saints didn't get the job done. They had the ball in OT and even before the no call, Payton fucked up after the Ginn catch. He got too tricky trying the slant instead of just running the rock and making the Rams use up their time outs. Left way too much time and that one time out that the Rams had left played into the tying FG drive to send it to OT.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh I don't see Rams fans bitching about the no call face mask when Goff got snagged down in the red zone series prior to this...... Lets see Rams had to kick a FG there when they should have gotten the ball on the goal line with a first down..

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints got screwed.
There were 2 refs within a couple feet of that PI no call. At minimum it was a helmet to helmet hit.
Then of course there was the other one.

If you're going to get that sore over 1 or 2 calls in a 60-minute game (longer if you included the OT time in which the New Orleans offense got the ball first and choked with a Brees INT) while completely disregarding the iffy/bad calls that go in your team's favor, then why even play the games? People with that mentality always get salty and cry about the refs whenever their team loses close games, especially big games. Should I go back and cry about an iffy call or three against the Vikings in their home playoff loss to Seattle a few years ago, or should I keep blaming it on the missed Walsh FG, the Adrian Peterson fumble that led to the only Seattle TD, and the Vikes' D letting what should have been a sack on Russel Wilson for ~15 yards turn into a huge gain for Seattle with a huge meltdown on an otherwise busted play?

Would you have been salty if the refs had called some Vikings O-linemen for holding on the Minneapolis Miracle play, thus negating it and giving the Saints the win in that playoff game? Or should it not have come down to a last second miracle play in the first place? I guarantee Saints fans wouldn't be crying about the refs had the Saints receiver pushed off and shoved the Rams DB down on the way to a TD catch with a no-call in their favor on the exact same play, so spare us the salt since you didn't get your way.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Brees's arm wasn't so fucking weak this late in the season, then the hit would have been right on time.:nod:

Thing was in the air forever.

Reminder that playing in domes is for pussies and little short coaches with little short QBs.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just have to wonder what it is like to have a job where you can Fuck up this bad and still get a pay check. With my work, if it isn’t 100% right, I don’t get paid

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to get that sore over 1 or 2 calls in a 60-minute game (longer if you included the OT time in which the New Orleans offense got the ball first and choked with a Brees INT) while completely disregarding the iffy/bad calls that go in your team's favor, then why even play the games? People with that mentality always get salty and cry about the refs whenever their team loses close games, especially big games. Should I go back and cry about an iffy call or three against the Vikings in their home playoff loss to Seattle a few years ago, or should I keep blaming it on the missed Walsh FG, the Adrian Peterson fumble that led to the only Seattle TD, and the Vikes' D letting what should have been a sack on Russel Wilson for ~15 yards turn into a huge gain for Seattle with a huge meltdown on an otherwise busted play?

Would you have been salty if the refs had called some Vikings O-linemen for holding on the Minneapolis Miracle play, thus negating it and giving the Saints the win in that playoff game? Or should it not have come down to a last second miracle play in the first place? I guarantee Saints fans wouldn't be crying about the refs had the Saints receiver pushed off and shoved the Rams DB down on the way to a TD catch with a no-call in their favor on the exact same play, so spare us the salt since you didn't get your way.
So would you have been upset if they called the Zeurline FG no good when it obviously was good?
It would only be one play of many in the game.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh I don't see Rams fans bitching about the no call face mask when Goff got snagged down in the red zone series prior to this...... Lets see Rams had to kick a FG there when they should have gotten the ball on the goal line with a first down..

Exactly. The selective moaning about bs calls is just pathetic. How many Saints fans would be crying if the game had gone exactly the same up until that no-call PI against them had their receiver pushed off the DB on a blatant offensive PI move and gotten a TD on the exact same play? It'd be all crickets and telling Rams fans/all others fans to suck it up and that bad/iffy calls are just a part of the game.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can find bad calls in every single game I watch.

Should go with Bill Belichick's suggestion. Make every play reviewable, but keep the amount of challenges allowed the same.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just have to wonder what it is like to have a job where you can Fuck up this bad and still get a pay check. With my work, if it isn’t 100% right, I don’t get paid

Meteorologist

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

President

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the popular narrative about the no-call seems to be that it costed the Saints the game. This all ignores the fact that the Saints got other favorable calls earlier in the game that could easily have changed the course of the game. It also ignores the fact that the Saints still took the lead to end that possession, their D allowed the Rams to drive for the game-tying FG with less than 2 minutes in regulation, how the Saints and Brees choked in OT whe they got the ball first, and the defense allowing L.A. to drive for the game-winning FG afterwards. It also ignores that the Rams DB was in great position to have made a pass deflection if not an INT on that play had he played the ball rather than rammed the Saints receiver, but they act like he tackled him from behind on a sure TD catch.

This was with the "elite, legendary" QB/HC combo of Drew Brees at home in New Orleans against a 3rd year QB and 2nd year HC in Jared Goff and McVay with a team that was a dumpster fire under Jeff Fisher just 3 seasons ago. This is the same Saints team and fans that told the Vikings to blame their own mistakes for their 2009 NFC championship loss despite several horrible calls/no-calls that went in favor of the Saints on the way to their Superbowl win, and that blaming the refs was just making excuses. But now, we're all supposed to cry a river of salt over 1 no-call for the Saints against L.A., despite the fact that their D allowed 2 more scores and their offense/Brees choked in OT, all after that play?

Yeah, let's blame the refs. Let's just ignore the fact that the Saints blew a 13-point lead in a home NFC championship game and gave up 2 scores plus choked their opening OT drive away on offense after that no-call. Yep, that was the only play of the game that mattered, and they totally got robbed of a Superbowl trip. Some of you have incredibly short memories.

Stay salty.

GOceg0U.gif

LOL @ the Saints

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jameis Winston

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reggie Jackson struck out 2597 times and owns the record.....

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are bitching, you might want to do more reading.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just have to wonder what it is like to have a job where you can Fuck up this bad and still get a pay check.
Ask our elected officials - but that's for the Politics forum.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things I'd blame the Rams loss on before the no-call PI if I were a Saints fan:

1. Blowing a 13-point lead at home

2. Sean Payton getting cute by passing on 1st and 2nd down just prior to no-call instead of running to burn the clock and Rams' time out.

3. The Saints D letting them score the game-tying FG with less than 2 minutes left in regulation.

4. Drew Brees and the Saints offense choking it away in OT with an INT when they got the ball first.

5. The Saints D allowing the game-winning OT FG by the Rams.

Cope harder. You're so salty, you'd wash away if it rained.