• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

from potential first round pick to being an idiot

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Potential first-round pick P.J. Williams, a cornerback out of Florida State, reportedly was arrested for DUI Friday morning, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport and Albert Breer.

CelticPride89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but who hasn't gotten a dui or 3? Lol I dunno with everything that goes on in the nfl I doubt that would stop me from drafting the guy.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, compared the the serial killer the pats employed...

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea but who hasn't gotten a dui or 3? Lol I dunno with everything that goes on in the nfl I doubt that would stop me from drafting the guy.

The issue is that with the new NFL DUI policy, first time offenders get an automatic 2 game suspension. Even thought this DUI isn't under the NFL's jurisdiction, it shows this guy has a propensity of making bad decisions when it comes to alcohol. And for some teams, they will shy away from drafting a guy like that, high in the draft. One bad decision & you are gone for 2 games.

CelticPride89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue is that with the new NFL DUI policy, first time offenders get an automatic 2 game suspension. Even thought this DUI isn't under the NFL's jurisdiction, it shows this guy has a propensity of making bad decisions when it comes to alcohol. And for some teams, they will shy away from drafting a guy like that, high in the draft. One bad decision & you are gone for 2 games.

True, it could sway some teams I suppose. personally I wouldn't think twice about it. How many of these kids do you think never got behind the wheel drunk in college? Very minor if you ask me.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, it could sway some teams I suppose. personally I wouldn't think twice about it. How many of these kids do you think never got behind the wheel drunk in college? Very minor if you ask me.

I agree.

Its always nice to get on our high horses about these situations. But 21 year olds do this kind of shit. And the NFL teams, unlike fans, have a ton of info and personal insight in to these prospects. If a team loved him before and he responds maturely to this, theyre still going to take him.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did, but that was a different day and time.
This will potentially cost him millions.....

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did, but that was a different day and time.
This will potentially cost him millions.....

No , say it ain't so, Southhiney talking with the double tongue again ?
Might I remind you of your stance in the drunken Bernard Pierce thread, where you said I was on the wrong side for saying it was ludicrous on a first offense, and how you fired an employee under you for a first offense also...
You are one two faced piece of work man/woman ,whatever you are...

Oldschool739 said:
I'm not worried about letting him go but, I think it's ludicrous.....He's not even been found guilty yet and it's his first violation if he is.....He was coherent enough to know that he would probably be cut because of it, so he wasn't that intoxicated....
I don't promote drinking and driving, but I'll bet Biscuit, Ozzie, Harbs and 99% of the staff has done it at one time or another, and look like fools trying to act like perfect saints now a days because of the Ray Rice debacle....
C'mon Man, just stop it already !!!!!!.......These are human beings, not trained animals.....:gaah:

Southieinnc said:
Again you find yourself on the wrong side.....

BUSTED LOSER !!!! Oh how sweet it is .............................

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No , say it ain't so, Southhiney talking with the double tongue again ?
Might I remind you of your stance in the drunken Bernard Pierce thread, where you said I was on the wrong side for saying it was ludicrous on a first offense, and how you fired an employee under you for a first offense also...
You are one two faced piece of work man/woman ,whatever you are...

Oldschool739 said:
I'm not worried about letting him go but, I think it's ludicrous.....He's not even been found guilty yet and it's his first violation if he is.....He was coherent enough to know that he would probably be cut because of it, so he wasn't that intoxicated....
I don't promote drinking and driving, but I'll bet Biscuit, Ozzie, Harbs and 99% of the staff has done it at one time or another, and look like fools trying to act like perfect saints now a days because of the Ray Rice debacle....
C'mon Man, just stop it already !!!!!!.......These are human beings, not trained animals.....:gaah:

Southieinnc said:
Again you find yourself on the wrong side.....

BUSTED LOSER !!!! Oh how sweet it is .............................
The difference between you and I? I think differently these days then when I was a child.
Nobody would call you "two-faced" because you still think like a child?????

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between you and I? I think differently these days then when I was a child.
Nobody would call you "two-faced" because you still think like a child?????

Why thank you Dr Phil, I will file that analysis in the proper file.....Flussssssssshhhhh, Ah there you go !!! :pound:

It's like a birth mark, it will never go away;:L:L:L:L
eba8bc39-3db9-4ac6-ba62-ce36293ae036_zpsis3z09tx.jpg

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have to remember this wasn't the first mistake this kid made. I think he got a hit and run incident back in October if I remember right. So one strike I can understand the kid made a mistake but 2 huge mistakes especially driving then yeah I would want to be taking a deeper look and maybe this kid just isn't worth the headache.

CelticPride89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole "cheatriots" thing is just classless. Not to mention so last week.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole "cheatriots" thing is just classless. Not to mention so last week.

It is part of sports...Name calling happens all over the place. The Broncos are called the donkeys all the time. Just have to go with it as every team has some kind of name. Can't get all flustered every time somebody is immature on especially a message board. Going to be a frustrating time for sure.

CelticPride89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is part of sports...Name calling happens all over the place. The Broncos are called the donkeys all the time. Just have to go with it as every team has some kind of name. Can't get all flustered every time somebody is immature on especially a message board. Going to be a frustrating time for sure.
It's really not that serious lol I just think its a played out insult. I wasn't "getting all flustered".

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that's true but with the draft around the corner, if there was ever a time for a future draft pick to be squeaky clean this would be it, and that's why more was made out of it in the media. Not to mention all the scrutiny the league is under these days because of so many poor decisions being made by players.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a DUI not a felony arrest.

It's a thin draft for DBs. Won't cost him. If it was a deep CB draft then maybe a few slots but he still goes in the second were I had seen him projected most often.