• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

free agent shopping list

• Thread starter cubzzzfanincali
  • Start date

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Cutler is useless… but your answer is Mark Sanchez?

Okay. :scratch:

Well actually Sanchez and hill would be my picks if some how Cutler would leave....

Sanchez is not the answer,but he`d have the same impact as Cutler and definetley come at a cheaper price.

That's the situation I`d be looking at it.

other possibilities would be Tennessee come a knocking and want Cutler,i`d take Mettenberg for him.

Mariotta or Winston if they just so happen to fall in our lap.(and even if Cutler is still here)

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well actually Sanchez and hill would be my picks if some how Cutler would leave....

Sanchez is not the answer,but he`d have the same impact as Cutler and definetley come at a cheaper price.

That's the situation I`d be looking at it.

other possibilities would be Tennessee come a knocking and want Cutler,i`d take Mettenberg for him.

Mariotta or Winston if they just so happen to fall in our lap.(and even if Cutler is still here)

If Mariotta or Winston is there and fall in our lap, I still hope Cutler is here. I dont want to start either one of these guys day one. Mariotta was not gonna throw in the combine, so he will continue to drop, probably past us if we dont take him.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but another 3.9 YPC season from Forte cant happen. Especially when hes 5th in the league in carries and as a team they are 30th.

This could also be part of our o-line problems........but your damn right.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could also be part of our o-line problems........but your damn right.

I agree theres run blocking that needs to improve Though I still think much of the running game woes are easily fixed with better run game management.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as for this whole fullback discussion, I think you guys are overlooking something pretty obvious. Adam Gase is not known for his running game offense, certainly in complexity. He only uses zone blocking sparingly. It's not that he is unwilling to run - of course - as he masterfully upped the run's presence in Denver this year as Manning got injured. But it isn't his speciality (his forte? haha terrible pun), and he is much better known for his play designs for the pass. I doubt we see very many fullback sets thiscoming year. I would bet money against it.

It is going to be very interesting to see what happens on the blocking end, because he is not a big zone blocker, and the Bears have been using quite a bit of that. I don't know what to think, because Kyle Long is pretty much who you design your line around, he is both athletic and powerful, so he'd be a great zone blocking tackle, but I think he will wind up staying at guard because of Gase. We'll see. I'd be surprised if the Bears don't just sign a beefcake tackle, or draft a guy like Flowers and then move Bushrod to the right.

I hear ya Cali. My point was simply Forte being 5th in RB carries contrasted with the team totals being 30th in carries is a red flag. That means too much of the same thing is being done by just one player- at a 3.9 YPC. Not productive, and goes a long way in creating a very predictable offense. That has to be fixed- fullback or no fullback.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why is Gase hired if Fox wants to run more of a smash mouth offense? Smash mouth is between the tackles, right up the gut, that is really not Fortes deal either.

Isnt this Matt Fortes last contract year anyway?

C

cubzzzfanincali

I hear ya Cali. My point was simply Forte being 5th in RB carries contrasted with the team totals being 30th in carries is a red flag. That means too much of the same thing is being done by just one player- at a 3.9 YPC. Not productive, and goes a long way in creating a very predictable offense. That has to be fixed- fullback or no fullback.

yep, I hear ya. Agreed.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Then why is Gase hired if Fox wants to run more of a smash mouth offense? Smash mouth is between the tackles, right up the gut, that is really not Fortes deal either.

Isnt this Matt Fortes last contract year anyway?

Yep, he is only under contract for '15.

I don't tend to place too much stock in any GM post-hire commentary, because usually it is either so generically or obvious to really tell you anything about what they plan to actually do. Maybe they will try to make it smashmouth, maybe they won't. If you look at 2014's stats, (FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2014 OFFENSIVE LINES), you see that the Bears ran it right up the gut 51% of the time, it was more common than all other run paths put together, and they were 8th in the league in adjusted line yards when they did. So that's not too bad. The only more comparable run direction was runs around the right side (usually the Bears' strong side). The Bears were a pretty league-average run team in a lot of ways, except they didn't break off long runs.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, he is only under contract for '15.

I don't tend to place too much stock in any GM post-hire commentary, because usually it is either so generically or obvious to really tell you anything about what they plan to actually do. Maybe they will try to make it smashmouth, maybe they won't. If you look at 2014's stats, (FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | 2014 OFFENSIVE LINES), you see that the Bears ran it right up the gut 51% of the time, it was more common than all other run paths put together, and they were 8th in the league in adjusted line yards when they did. So that's not too bad. The only more comparable run direction was runs around the right side (usually the Bears' strong side). The Bears were a pretty league-average run team in a lot of ways, except they didn't break off long runs.

it is also why they abandoned the run so often since it was not successful.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mariotta or Winston is there and fall in our lap, I still hope Cutler is here. I dont want to start either one of these guys day one. Mariotta was not gonna throw in the combine, so he will continue to drop, probably past us if we dont take him.

With or without Cutler and one of those two were there for the picking at no.7,I`d definetley draft one of them.
I just don`t want Cutler teaching anyone the ropes.

And if Cutler is actually still here,I don`t see us drafting a qb.........maybe there are qb contracts thast will be up after next season that may hit our radar.it`s definetley gonna be an interesting offseason.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With or without Cutler and one of those two were there for the picking at no.7,I`d definetley draft one of them.
I just don`t want Cutler teaching anyone the ropes.

And if Cutler is actually still here,I don`t see us drafting a qb.........maybe there are qb contracts thast will be up after next season that may hit our radar.it`s definetley gonna be an interesting offseason.

Cutler wont talk to backups, he wont be teaching replacements.

I posted before, its Favre and Rodgers, Farve had nothing to do with Rodgers development, gave no words of wisdom and Rodgers is doing ok.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler wont talk to backups, he wont be teaching replacements.

I posted before, its Favre and Rodgers, Farve had nothing to do with Rodgers development, gave no words of wisdom and Rodgers is doing ok.

And I`d like to pat Favre on the back.......I hate Rodgers and his smug smile.

brett on the other hand,I hated him during his playing days,but now I have all the respect i9nn the world for him.

Rodgers .................NEVER!!

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who said that, but he was certainly as good as Pat O'Donnell in 2014. Pretty poor playoff game, but hey… he was camp competition.
And competition in camp is never a bad thing.........is it?