• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

free agent shopping list

• Thread starter cubzzzfanincali
  • Start date

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need a couple of long snappers and three or four punters for camp competition.

:whistle:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need a couple of long snappers and three or four punters for camp competition.

:whistle:

I believe we have a punter.........long snapper not sure of . Maybe they can bring in Drew Butler since he was the greatest punter in the nfl

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on offense. you are not changing receivers, tight end, we dont want to pay another left tackle money to push Bushrod to the right, got guards, signed garza and dlp for center, forte, cutler is going nowhere, where are you gonna add a difference maker on offense other than actually having a fullback?

Who do you want to cut and replace with 30 million dollar dead money contracts on the offensive side?

Well- Gase doesn't use a fullback. So that's not happening.
Offense three things- Another Tackle/Center- The center can be found in late draft...and hope and pray that garza makes it through another year- To my knowledge, DLP was only on a one year deal, and he was injured too.
And speed WR and 2nd Running back who can get tough yards and give Forte some rest.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, running back who can get tough yards is usually referred to as a fullback.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe we have a punter.........long snapper not sure of . Maybe they can bring in Drew Butler since he was the greatest punter in the nfl

Not sure who said that, but he was certainly as good as Pat O'Donnell in 2014. Pretty poor playoff game, but hey… he was camp competition.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, running back who can get tough yards is usually referred to as a fullback.

No… they're not.

A fullback is referred to as a fullback.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are way off on Houston. He was our best run defender last year. No, he wasn't a pass rushing artist, but at the risk of reminding everyone of how terrible our 2012 run defense was, and why he was brought here, he succeeded in doing that until he got hurt.

Assuming, of course, that he comes back more or less the same from injury, I wouldn't describe him as a bust at all.

Yeah, that's beside the main point I was trying to make though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a 3qtr back that way he can run fast like a HB and get tough yards like a fullback. Be great if he can long snap too. I would use a 1st rd pic on that.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Marshawn Lynch, Lacy, Blount, Peterson, Murray... Hmm all fullbacks?

They are referred to as full backs when you already have the best all purpose back in the NFL in running and receiving.

They are referred to as kuhn, Tolbert, Reese, Fulton and Sherman with teams that have a three down back. Even Lacy still has a Kuhn.

Went a whole week before having to put the waders on with guys either spooging themselves wanting us to sign every top free agent out there again, or tracking thru the shit to make a point about moving the chains and keeping the offense on the field with a guy we havent had in forever.... Thanks guys!!

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are half backs that have played fullbacks and fullbacks that have played H-backs and TE's that have played fullback and H-backs that have played fullbacks and Guards that have played fullbacks and Linebackers that have played halfbacks... So um... yea, wait what was the question?

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the same thing when I read that. Well, at least the poster doesn't claim to be much more than another idiot.

The running game was so mismanaged by the previous staff last season. There were signs pointing to said train wreck back in training camp. Not replacing Fiametta with another FB raised a red flag, imo. Biggest hole as claimed by idiot? Umm...no. However, I do think having one is vitally important wrt to run game options/flexibility. Forte was 5th in the league in carries...as a TEAM- the Bears were 30th. That means too much of the same thing by the same player. That was a big contributor to the predictability we saw on offense.

Also, as much as I love Forte and his versatility, he isnt a home run hitter rushing the football. Hes ALWAYS been great in space, but doesnt have that extra gear needed to take one to the house on a long scamper. Doesnt do well in short yardage /between the tackles...and often goes down quickly after initial contact. The waste comes in the form of Carey- his rookie year has come and gone, and we really dont know anymore of what hes capable of than we did on draft day. Did I mention the running game was very mismanaged? LOL.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well- Gase doesn't use a fullback. So that's not happening.

Fair enough, but another 3.9 YPC season from Forte cant happen. Especially when hes 5th in the league in carries and as a team they are 30th.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No- its a little more than that. They have limited roles in as offense, but have specific skill sets that are often implemented on crucial downs. Have you noticed that most FB's on an NFL roster are ~ 6'0", and weigh at least 235-240??

C

cubzzzfanincali

as for this whole fullback discussion, I think you guys are overlooking something pretty obvious. Adam Gase is not known for his running game offense, certainly in complexity. He only uses zone blocking sparingly. It's not that he is unwilling to run - of course - as he masterfully upped the run's presence in Denver this year as Manning got injured. But it isn't his speciality (his forte? haha terrible pun), and he is much better known for his play designs for the pass. I doubt we see very many fullback sets thiscoming year. I would bet money against it.

It is going to be very interesting to see what happens on the blocking end, because he is not a big zone blocker, and the Bears have been using quite a bit of that. I don't know what to think, because Kyle Long is pretty much who you design your line around, he is both athletic and powerful, so he'd be a great zone blocking tackle, but I think he will wind up staying at guard because of Gase. We'll see. I'd be surprised if the Bears don't just sign a beefcake tackle, or draft a guy like Flowers and then move Bushrod to the right.

The other thing as far as the receivers are concerned is that Gase has been more of a "lots of various tools" type of receiver user, a guy who is known for specifically designing matchup advantages based on same personnel groups but differing formations. Jeffery and Marshall are somewhat interchangeable....would this be seen as a reason for a trade being pulled off and bringing someone new in here?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffery and Marshall are somewhat interchangeable....would this be seen as a reason for a trade being pulled off and bringing someone new in here?
No. There is not a OC in the world that would want to lose a top WR. Marshal is pure stud and AJ the future.