• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent Frenzy thread

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iggy still with no common sense....

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooke signs with Minny.

3yr deal

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's review who the Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks lost in free agency:

David Bolland to Toronto. Good bottom six guy who is pesky defensively. But he's also often injured, terrible in the faceoff dot, not a good penalty killer or on the power play and doesn't score enough offensively. He was the worst Hawks player +/- for the season. And at $3.36 million a year, he's not worth the cap hit.

Michael Frolik. Great penalty killer. Terrible hands. Better than average speed. Physical enough, but not a real banger. Never repeated his 20 goal seasons he had prior to becoming a Blackhawks. Not worth the $2.2 million cap hit.

Viktor Stalberg to Nashville. Speed to burn. One of the fastest skaters in the NHL. Terrible hands. Defensive liability. In Coach Q's doghouse during the playoffs and said some not so flattering comments about how he felt about it DURING the playoffs.

Ray Emery to Philadelphia. Good backup to Corey Crawford. Hawks will probably miss him. Nice quiet guy. Definitely not a number one goalie though, even though he is only 30. Slow to react sometimes. Slow after he is down. Was better this season in shootouts than the season before when he was awful. Flyers can't rely on him to bring them to the promised land. It won't happen.

Hawks re-sign Leddy, Rozsival, Handzus and Bickell. Still waiting on Marcus Kruger. Looking to promote Brandon Pirri (AHL leading scorer), Ben Smith, Jeremy Morin and Jimmy Hayes.

Defensive 7 all remaining from last season.

Hawks need a backup goalie at this point, although they have signed Finnish MVP Antti Raata.

At this point (without Rozsival or Kruger or a backup goalie) Blackhawks are $5.8 million and change under the cap.

Nice job.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

‏@aaronward_nhl 3m
Like I said,Jarome Iginla to the Boston Bruins #TSN #ThisTimeForReal

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Wild realized they needed to boost their team cheap shot quotient back to it's normal level....oh well thank God Minny isn't in the NW anymore

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am gonna miss Cookie...he finished off great as a Penguin. Honestly.

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's review who the Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks lost in free agency:

David Bolland to Toronto. Good bottom six guy who is pesky defensively. But he's also often injured, terrible in the faceoff dot, not a good penalty killer or on the power play and doesn't score enough offensively. He was the worst Hawks player +/- for the season. And at $3.36 million a year, he's not worth the cap hit.

Michael Frolik. Great penalty killer. Terrible hands. Better than average speed. Physical enough, but not a real banger. Never repeated his 20 goal seasons he had prior to becoming a Blackhawks. Not worth the $2.2 million cap hit.

Viktor Stalberg to Nashville. Speed to burn. One of the fastest skaters in the NHL. Terrible hands. Defensive liability. In Coach Q's doghouse during the playoffs and said some not so flattering comments about how he felt about it DURING the playoffs.

Ray Emery to Philadelphia. Good backup to Corey Crawford. Hawks will probably miss him. Nice quiet guy. Definitely not a number one goalie though, even though he is only 30. Slow to react sometimes. Slow after he is down. Was better this season in shootouts than the season before when he was awful. Flyers can't rely on him to bring them to the promised land. It won't happen.

Hawks re-sign Leddy, Rozsival, Handzus and Bickell. Still waiting on Marcus Kruger. Looking to promote Brandon Pirri (AHL leading scorer), Ben Smith, Jeremy Morin and Jimmy Hayes.

Defensive 7 all remaining from last season.

Hawks need a backup goalie at this point, although they have signed Finnish MVP Antti Raata.

At this point (without Rozsival or Kruger or a backup goalie) Blackhawks are $5.8 million and change under the cap.

Nice job.

Man...we should all just fall to our knees and bow at the alter of the Blackhawks. I mean can they do anything wrong?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is #JagrWatch back on?

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Cooke, great on the PK, but glad that the Pens won't have to clean up his B.S. anymore. He wanted a 3yr deal and he got it. Glad he'll being playing in the West.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$6M for Iggy? Well, it's only one year, but I can tell you it's not that Iggy anymore. Love that man :(

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 shmill 1 year for iggy??? Wow lol

BlueWolfZero

Disruptive troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, where are these teams getting this money from?

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, trying to remember whose now left...

Jagr
Brunner
Cleary
Grabovski
Bryzgalov
Timmay
??????

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...we should all just fall to our knees and bow at the alter of the Blackhawks. I mean can they do anything wrong?

Absolutely infallible job getting rid of all the dead weight they didn't need. Stay tuned for the perfect contract moves and acquisitions blessed by God himself.

Also

Ray Emery to Philadelphia. Good backup to Corey Crawford. Hawks will probably miss him. Nice quiet guy.

:laugh3:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A local pointed out iginlas kelowna home to us when we were up there .. Took 2 years to build ... And this summer he started an addition to it ... My wife took a pic of it ... Ill see if i can get it on here

Gotta pay the bills i guess