• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agent Coming?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Myers: 'We're going to sign a player'

I keep hearing about Jamison. I wouldn't mind that move too much. He'll bring points off the bench at worst.

It seems like he's going to Charlotte though.

Ramon Sessions is another guy that I think would fit what we need off the bench. The type of comp to push Jenkins into being what he could become.

Ramon Sessions - NBA Mix - YouTube

Ramon Sessions: A Star is Born (2012) Mix - YouTube
Wouldn't mind having Randolph come back. We need athleticism, defense, rebounding..... he can do that. And we have the kind of mature players in the locker room (Bogut, Jack, Curry, Lee, Barnes, Green, Thompson, Ezeli, etc.....) to be able to keep him focused and moving forward. He's never been in a locker room like that...

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Andrei Kirilenko reportedly on Golden State Warriors' wish list - San Jose Mercury News

If he's close to the same player I think he'd already be scooped up on a team. I'd rather just see Green run out there and see what happens.

I just read that the T-Puppies are trying to clear cap room to land Kirilenko. Rumor is that if they can make a trade or two, they'd offer AK-47 somewhere in the vicinity of $9 mil per for 2 years. I would like to see him in Golden State, but if Minnesota gets the cap space for an offer like that, there's no way he comes to Oakland over Minneapolis.

Right now, it looks like the Warriors are running out of options for a decent backup PF. A number of players have come and gone via amnesty and FA and a few more via trade. Right now, the best option out there looks like Andray Blatche, and that scares me just a little bit.

rtiff68

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just read that the T-Puppies are trying to clear cap room to land Kirilenko. Rumor is that if they can make a trade or two, they'd offer AK-47 somewhere in the vicinity of $9 mil per for 2 years. I would like to see him in Golden State, but if Minnesota gets the cap space for an offer like that, there's no way he comes to Oakland over Minneapolis.

Right now, it looks like the Warriors are running out of options for a decent backup PF. A number of players have come and gone via amnesty and FA and a few more via trade. Right now, the best option out there looks like Andray Blatche, and that scares me just a little bit.

I still think that our best option is simply re-signing McGuire. While he is undersized for the position, he can/does protect the rim, and he is certainly capable of defending face-up 4's (he defended KG, LeBron, GWall, etc.). I am especially comfortable with him defending the 4 if he has Bogut behind him for help.

Landry is a fine player, but he is undersized at the 4 as well, and he's a sub-par defender. Same goes for the recently acquired Scola and the still available Blatche. Kirilenko is an excellent defensive player, but 2yrs/20 million is a bit steep for a 31 year old who has, at times, been perceived as a bit of a pouter.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think that our best option is simply re-signing McGuire. While he is undersized for the position, he can/does protect the rim, and he is certainly capable of defending face-up 4's (he defended KG, LeBron, GWall, etc.). I am especially comfortable with him defending the 4 if he has Bogut behind him for help.

Landry is a fine player, but he is undersized at the 4 as well, and he's a sub-par defender. Same goes for the recently acquired Scola and the still available Blatche. Kirilenko is an excellent defensive player, but 2yrs/20 million is a bit steep for a 31 year old who has, at times, been perceived as a bit of a pouter.

Sound reasoning. Plus, he has the added bonus of "knowing the system." That is definitely an over-used phrase, but I like a player that knows what is expected of him, and does it to the best of his ability. I think Dominic McGuire and Brandon Rush do that, so it would be nice to see them round out the roster. If they do and Curry, Bogut and Lee remain relatively healthy, this team should be a six seed.