• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency Thread

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats sign Revis.

No chance Cincy could have afforded him. We have AJ next year and Burfict in two.

That's odd.... I thought the good franchises only signed their own players.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's odd.... I thought the good franchises only signed their own players.

No doubt. And only teams who missed the playoffs are making big moves to make their team better. As long as you make the playoffs, you're good.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Revis got a contract with 32 million guaranteed in 2010. He got 16 million dollars for a one year deal in 2013. Now 12 Million for this year, and assuming he has as good a season as expected he'll get a huge deal next offseason. he's really maximized the financial value of his prime seasons.

as for the football side, the Pats just got a HOF caliber corner who should be fully healthy this season. Great move

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis got a contract with 32 million guaranteed in 2010. He got 16 million dollars for a one year deal in 2013. Now 12 Million for this year, and assuming he has as good a season as expected he'll get a huge deal next offseason. he's really maximized the financial value of his prime seasons.

as for the football side, the Pats just got a HOF caliber corner who should be fully healthy this season. Great move

But from a football standpoint, they only got a slight upgrade..... Talib had a hell of a year last season and he's now in Denver. After watching NE play in Denver in the playoffs, it's hard for me to see them as a threat to win the Super Bowl which is obviously their goal (unlike our franchise that would be happy with an AFC championship appearance). They're just too limited on offense and their defense has some strong parts but can be abused in the right circumstances.

Denver looks to be making one last push at the title... If they get banged up, the AFC will be wide open again.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW -- Good point about Revis and his contracts.

He might seem like a dick to the common fan, but that dude has gotten paid!

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
But from a football standpoint, they only got a slight upgrade..... Talib had a hell of a year last season and he's now in Denver. After watching NE play in Denver in the playoffs, it's hard for me to see them as a threat to win the Super Bowl which is obviously their goal (unlike our franchise that would be happy with an AFC championship appearance). They're just too limited on offense and their defense has some strong parts but can be abused in the right circumstances.

Denver looks to be making one last push at the title... If they get banged up, the AFC will be wide open again.

The AFCCG performance was ugly, but Talib, Wilfork and Mayo were out. Gronkowski was out. The Hernandez situation caught them in the offseason. I know every team has to deal with injuries, but that's basically the entire core of their roster outside of Brady.

There aren't any superstar WRs on the market, but there are a bunch of pretty good ones. I'm not sure about their cap situation but I'd be surprised if they don't sign at least one of them. If you add Gronk and a Nicks, Maclin, Sanders etc that can be a different offense. The market for WRs seems cold so they're probably going to steal one at a good price

With that said, Denver's the team to beat in the AFC and by a huge margin

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilfork and Gronk were out all year last year, the WR situation was a mess, and now have two of, if not the best CBs and safeties in the league. The Pats will be contending for the AFC next year for sure.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilfork has played for over a decade and is now coming off an achilles injury. Gronk has had so many medical issues throughout both his college and pro days that I don't think anyone should hold any confidence in him playing an entire season. Edeleman might be gone and Amendola is healthy for about 50% of the season when things are going well. If anyone can figure it out it is BB and Tom Brady, but they'd have to have everything go right to contend for the AFC.

Bonus for them -- Buffalo is probably sill irrelevant, Miami has to rebuild an entire line and a locker room and the Jets don't scare anyone. The Pats can probably ring up 11 or 12 wins and a week 1 bye without significant improvements.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The Raiders just lost out on Saffold, so I could see them giving Collins a shot.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whit does not want to play guard. That is the reason why Collins is gone. Marvin, Mike and Katie are loyal to Whit because he is loyal to them.

Well, sure then....after all, loyalty to a loyal player always trumps making the team the best it can be.....:lol:

augustisback003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anthony Collins signs with Tampa for 5 yrs $30 million. I actually thought he was coming back. I'm pissed that we had more money than the Bucs but lost two of our best players to them.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Collins signs with Tampa for 5 yrs $30 million. I actually thought he was coming back. I'm pissed that we had more money than the Bucs but lost two of our best players to them.

That speaks volumes..................

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals spending formula 89% of the cap
we'll make it there again, don't worry.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, but what better way to stay on track.

The Bengals are more concerned with the salary floor than the salary cap. They have more cap space than most nfl teams

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Didn't we also spend less than the cap a year or so ago so we could carry over the extra cap into future years?