• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free agency rumors....

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I sure hope there is a new trade partner, but honestly I don't buy it.

I doubt there is unless there was a draft trade up plan and could be a strong possibility considering the picks involved but even then I can't see it. There trade has come contingencies about Bradford's playing time. If he starts 8 games they get our second round pick. If he does not we get their 4th. If he plays and gets hurt we get their third. That alone is making my head spin.

G

greenwing

You complain about us signing an injury prone player and follow that up with a question as to why we are not going after another one.

Please tell me you just didn't compare Ryan Mathews to Demarco Murray.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please tell me you just didn't compare Ryan Mathews to Demarco Murray.

No I did not......try to stay on point.

Demarco Murray easily the better back. His price tag is going to be big. I believe the Raiders and the Jags are in bidding.

He is a RB with a lot of injury issues. Are you disputing that?

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening too Mike and Mike in the morning and they've talked in depth about Murray. They said there hasn't been a back who put up the numbers and took the pounding and came back and put up those kind of numbers again. Stayed it's one reason teams aren't lining up for him. I like Matthew but his health is the question. If he puts up 2013 numbers, ill take him

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathews will put up more yards and carries next year than Murray. Murray is made of glass just like Mathews and is coming off a historic workload.

Mathews has less wear on his tires as well. Past performance is not indicative of future performance, especially at RB.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to change my avatar to reflect my mood about this franchise.

We need a miracle right now, an absolute miracle of a trade for MM to have any shot at redemption. Even then, Chip's collection of injury-prone players/traded draft picks will be hard pressed to compete.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demarco has only had one full season as well. Their injury histories are pretty similar. Mathews did miss 10 games last season and that is a lot and it was his most recent season so he may be bigger risk but at the same time he is going to come for far less money than Demarco.

G

greenwing

Demarco has only had one full season as well. Their injury histories are pretty similar. Mathews did miss 10 games last season and that is a lot and it was his most recent season so he may be bigger risk but at the same time he is going to come for far less money than Demarco.

Dude just stop. They are not that similar as you are making it out to be at all. Mathews has missed multiple games in 4 out of 5 of his seasons. Not only did Murray play all last year he only missed TWO games in 2013. In fact the only injury plagued year he had was in 2012.

he may be bigger risk but at the same time he is going to come for far less money than Demarco

Are we really going to make this about money when we have millions upon millions under the cap?? LOL.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't sign Murray at this point. History and stats say it it all about what's to come for him. He's a player who hasn't stayed healthy before last year. While it might be fun to think about it doesn't make much sense to break the bank for Murray and not wanting to do it for McCoy. Would much rather go cheap with Matthews than Murray or even Gore.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude just stop. They are not that similar as you are making it out to be at all. Mathews has missed multiple games in 4 out of 5 of his seasons. Not only did Murray play all last year he only missed TWO games in 2013. In fact the only injury plagued year he had was in 2012.

Demarco Murray missed two games in 2013, 6 games in 2012 and 3 games in 2011. Next time try getting all of your facts right first.

Are we really going to make this about money when we have millions upon millions under the cap?? LOL.

Yes.....see injury history above. :L

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathews has been a notoriously bad eater in college and in his early years in SD. I think he tried to clean it up the last couple of years, but I think he will massively benefit from Chip's SS program if he buys in.

G

greenwing

Demarco Murray missed two games in 2013, 6 games in 2012 and 3 games in 2011. Next time try getting all of your facts right first.

Yes.....see injury history above. :L

Big whoop. Like I said, the only season he was plagued with injuries where it really hurt the team was 2012.

The last two season have he has looked more solid in production and staying healthy and I'm definitely not losing sleep that he only missed two games in 13. Compared to Mathews he is most definitely worth the money and you're lying to yourself if you think otherwise.
:burt:

Last edited by a moderator:

EagleUpNorth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus we have a better run blocking oline than San Diego has had in a while, seems a low risk high reward signing. Still should get abdullah in the draft.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles are supposedly close to signing S/CB Ron Parker from KC.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there are NFL people that have liked Parker's play the last 2 years and think of him as a starter, but I don't. He's not an upgrade over Allen.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know there are NFL people that have liked Parker's play the last 2 years and think of him as a starter, but I don't. He's not an upgrade over Allen.

Yes he is.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mathews official according to Adam Schefter: 3 years, $11.5 million.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles are supposedly close to signing S/CB Ron Parker from KC.

He would be a nice signing. Not hurt, decent player, doesn't bite on the double move.