• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free agency rumors....

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can only really fault one of the cuts. Casey, Herremans, Williams were all overpaid. The Shady trade was great value. The only guy that was really worth a damn that they didn't get anything in return for is Cole.

Free Agency is a tough and strange game. You kind of gotta do it the way the Eagles did...Cutting the players first...for two reasons....(1) is to create the openings to attract the FA, and (2) to be fair to the player leaving.

But then, there are 32 teams and each one of the players that get a say in this thing, so you can't be assured of getting what you want. Ultimately, it seems that Maclin, Franklin and McCourty all preferred to play elsewhere. Thankfully Maxwell and Gore seem to want to be here.

I like all but one of the cuts and both of the signings so far. Can't really rip em until you see how things look once the dust clears. OLB is the must have position. I don't think you can rule anyone out there including Graham or Cole.

The Sanchez thing is curious though. It seems like alot to pay him. It's fair to speculate that it signals more moves at QB. Sanchez played well at times. They could see him as the bridge to Mariota or legit competition for Foles. Either way its probably a good move...just an unusually large contract. Either way it doesn't look good for Barkley. Its a big no confidence vote there.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no bridges to Mariota you trade what it takes to get him he starts day one. The Sanchez move means a few things.

1. Chip always says you need two quarterbacks
2. He and Foles are going to compete for the starting spot
3. Sanchez is the bridge to Hundley or Bennett or Petty
4. He is going forward with Sanchez as his starter

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sanchez move imo has nothing to do with Mariota and everything to do with Chip not being sold on Foles.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of surprised the Gore signing has support. What Wilbert Montgomery was not available?

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard we are trying to trade for Kaepernick right now!!!

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor was totally shot down on Mike and Mike this morning stating the story had no credibility

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they are shooting it down, until it goes through. You want a starting QB who knows you tried to trade him?

If we sent Foles to SF, how much more would be needed? A low round pick? (5?)

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God, he would be a downgrade at QB. Very poor decision maker

As with many of these guys, the scheme and the coaching can make all the difference. Kap never had an offensive guru in SF. I'd love to see what a few months of Chip would turn him into.

Gotta think Gore might have some influence on Kap too.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As with many of these guys, the scheme and the coaching can make all the difference. Kap never had an offensive guru in SF. I'd love to see what a few months of Chip would turn him into.

Gotta think Gore might have some influence on Kap too.

I dont know I think Harbaugh knows offense pretty well.

As far as a trade goes,I think San Fran would need to send a pick with Kapernick, he is really expensive like 15 mill this year

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering how unreliable the niners gm has been lately this story may have legs.

greenfever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody could of broke the Maxwell story. It was a no brainer

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his latest mock draft, Peter King of MMQB.com projected the Eagles to trade their first- and second-round picks this year, along with their first- and fourth-round picks in 2016 to the Redskins for the fifth overall pick this year.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his latest mock draft, Peter King of MMQB.com projected the Eagles to trade their first- and second-round picks this year, along with their first- and fourth-round picks in 2016 to the Redskins for the fifth overall pick this year.

I read that too and instantly dismissed it. I don't have the value chart in front of me but it seems as if that's not nearly enough to go from 20 to 5.