• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency News/Trades/Cuts

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yes I'm still hoping the Broncos add to those positions. LIke I said the big thing this does is open up the draft where the Broncos don't feel like they have to go get those positions right away. They can let the board fall as they see fit and get the guys that actual hold the highest value to them.

I wonder if Denver wants to trade out of 5 now. If someone trades for #2, QB could go 1-2-3 and then Denver would have a good player fall but at $18MM bonus $27MM fully guaranteed is that better than say #12/21

Some combo like Trumaine Edwards/Guice would sure look good in Orange and Blue.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Denver wants to trade out of 5 now. If someone trades for #2, QB could go 1-2-3 and then Denver would have a good player fall but at $18MM bonus $27MM fully guaranteed is that better than say #12/21

Some combo like Trumaine Edwards/Guice would sure look good in Orange and Blue.

I wouldn't mind those two players at all. I guess for me depends what happens at the top of the draft. If a QB the Broncos love falls there then hard to pass up. If not though a trade back would be nice as well. Although I wouldn't mind Chubb with that #5 overall pick. To me the most pressing position still on the Broncos is that of pass rusher opposite Von Miller. I don't trust Ray to stay healthy and Shaq is better served in the backup role.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind those two players at all. I guess for me depends what happens at the top of the draft. If a QB the Broncos love falls there then hard to pass up. If not though a trade back would be nice as well. Although I wouldn't mind Chubb with that #5 overall pick. To me the most pressing position still on the Broncos is that of pass rusher opposite Von Miller. I don't trust Ray to stay healthy and Shaq is better served in the backup role.

The offense needs playmakers but the defense cannot be ignored either. HUGE GIANT draft for Elway.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense needs playmakers but the defense cannot be ignored either. HUGE GIANT draft for Elway.

That it is. Have to find at least 1 star, and probably 3-4 starter quality players from this draft alone and they need to be early contributors. No more of this hoping by year 3 they will be ready. I'm hoping the Broncos don't take but maybe one player that will have to start the year on IR in this draft. Hate seeing us have guys have to miss their rookie year because of injuries.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody Kessler traded to the Jags

Benjamin Watson back to the Saints

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious why you think he won't play much? Medically he is cleared, he hasn't really had that many concussions, my only concern was his desire to retire. He claimed concussions but really didn't suffer many, used it more of an excuse. I think the guy is healthier then fans think. Just curious why he lost his desire for a short time.

I question his desire to play the game. So the same concern you have.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concussion wise he didn't suffer numerous concussions like some have which keeps them away from the game, but I did read he wasn't medically cleared from the issue until December. Soooooo, maybe that is more of a concern. Still low risk, high ceiling is how I see it.

Seems like there are conflicting reports about his concussion history.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me this has been the Broncos best offseason since the 2014 season. They have made some sneaky good moves and some low risk/high reward moves that if even one of them pay off big could really set this team up well moving forward. Now just a matter of them nailing the draft.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me this has been the Broncos best offseason since the 2014 season. They have made some sneaky good moves and some low risk/high reward moves that if even one of them pay off big could really set this team up well moving forward. Now just a matter of them nailing the draft.

I agree, but think they missed the opportunity to get add another piece or two. The draft will be equally important.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m actually a bit underwhelmed. Lost one of our best defensive players in Talib, whether it was necessary or not is debatable. 18 mm for Keenum is a question mark. Veldheer is a question mark. Cravens is a question mark. And Davis should’ve been upgraded. I think I would’ve rather have kept Talib, draft a qb, and let it ride. I hope we catch lightning in a bottle with our moves, but they are all very questionable

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins are known for being a bit shady with their players, not sure the details there but not surprised it was the Redskins.

Really pretty fair trade, IMO. Ideally, I wanted to give up a 5th or 6th for him but I can live with this trade. We moved down 4 spots and 7 spots and gave up a 5th.

Redskins may deserve the reputation for being shitty to their fans but not so with the players, and certainly not in this situation.

I posted a video that tells it all a few weeks ago, I'll show it again below. It's obvious that this had nothing to do with health and concussions. Cravens' heart is just not into football, he considered it a chore like he was clocking in to work at the plant. He just up and quit, then to nobody's surprise he came crawling back once the checks dried up. He did the same thing at USC. He actually believed he could just quit right before the start of the season, when he was penciled in as the starter, then return and everything would be good. Well that did not happen. Not a chance he was ever coming back to the Redskins, he totally lost the players, who wants to go to battle with a quitter? And the FO did not forget how he screwed them by quitting on them so late in the preseason. Nobody trusted this guy and there was no problem shipping him out of town. You can't teach heart.

But from your perspective you gave up very little for a guy with huge upside. Redskins fans totally expect him to be a Pro Bowler for Denver.

Last edited:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean this guy is annoying as fuck. Damn didn't get the entire Tweet to capture. There is some weird show tune playing in the background. I mean it's embarrassing.

kY5g2_cGY8UW65DM

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Says a lot more about the Redskins organization than it does about Cravens from my POV.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care how annoying the guy is, as long as he can play football and isn't stupid off the field.

He needs a fresh start, and he has a chip on his shoulder. Low risk, high ceiling.

I was never on board with it when Redskins fans were talking 3rd round pick, but for what we paid he is worth a look.

My expectations are not HUGE, but I am interested to see what he can give. Was fairly high on him at USC (Not off the charts high) but still intrigued me as a prospect and he is still young.

We've lost some of the physical presence with Talib and TJ Ward out. We still have some with Stewart, Justin Simmons appears to be pretty physical as well, and now we add Cravens to the mix. We found out a few years back (Seahawks SB year) we cannot win without physical style players on defense. Let's see if Cravens still has it.

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m actually a bit underwhelmed. Lost one of our best defensive players in Talib, whether it was necessary or not is debatable. 18 mm for Keenum is a question mark. Veldheer is a question mark. Cravens is a question mark. And Davis should’ve been upgraded. I think I would’ve rather have kept Talib, draft a qb, and let it ride. I hope we catch lightning in a bottle with our moves, but they are all very questionable

I would disagree with some of this.

1) I would have loved to have kept Talib. At the same time I don't view this Broncos team as a Super Bowl contender in this upcoming season. So to me moves needed to be made a little with 2019 in mind more so than 2018. So getting the extra cap space in his trade made sense.

2) Keenum at $18 million is still pretty darn cheap for a QB. He is the 19th highest paid QB in the league right now. And his deal is only 2-years so they can take a chance and see if he is the future and if not walk away pretty quick. I thought it was the 2nd best QB deal of the offseason only behind Teddy Bridgewater's at least from a team perspective.

3) Veldheer and Cravens yes are big question marks. At the same time the team again hasn't committed much to either guy and can now walk away from either with no cap ramifications. At the same time the return could be huge with both. At least for me I feel much better with Veldheer as our RT than I ever did with Watson, Schofield, or Stephenson. I don't expect him to be this great player but even an average RT at this point is a huge upgrade.

4) With the deals that were handed out this offseason I'm glad the Broncos didn't commit big money to any of them.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sua definitely needs a fresh start. Hopefully he takes advantage of this opportunity with y’all. He needs to mature, lose a bit of the ego and a 24 hour wait period before hitting social media would do him good. He has talent, no doubt.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing Todd Davis was a complete lack of foresight
It was a panic move hoping he provides leadership while being basically a 1 down lber
Rolling Von Miller’s bonus could be another blunder.
His cap hit in 19 and 20 is now $25MM
Elway’s management style of waiting till deadlines drives me nuts or expecting players to take home town discounts
It obvious Manning was the driving force from 2012- 2015
Elway was just writing the check. Manning pulled in Ware and sanders
Elway actually wanted DRC over Talib.
The QB position minus Manning has been a complete joke
Not trading for Keenum was a bad decision.
His choice of VJ over Lil Shanny is not looking good right now.
Another last minute decision to sleep on whether to let VJ go