• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency news and signings

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Redskins are reportedly very interested and would like to try and work something out for Talib. Alot of debate whether they can realistically fit him in cap wise.

---------

Matt Barrows:

Just chatted with a cheerful Jim Harbaugh, who spoke to the SJ State football team today. Harbaugh has a large, stitched gash on his ...

... Forehead and a cut in his lip. "I'm back to drinking and fighting again," he said. He was joking. Right?

Harbaugh said he had to get back to 49ers HQ to meet with free agent safety Louis Delmas. Also confirmed visits by Asomugha & Skuta.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Niners draft a NT and a CB in the first two rounds. Some mocks have Niners taking Jenkins in the second round. Signing of Asomugha is wonderful news. Any chance he may start over Rogers?

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
based on what we're hearing, as of now it's starting to look like our DBs are going to be:

CB-Rogers, Brown, Cully, Nnamdi, Cox, Brock

S-Delmas, Whitner, Robinson, Spillman, rookie (hopefully Reid)

It's a deep group and better than most...not bad if this is how we end up

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on what we're hearing, as of now it's starting to look like our DBs are going to be:

CB-Rogers, Brown, Cully, Nnamdi, Cox, Brock

S-Delmas, Whitner, Robinson, Spillman, rookie (hopefully Reid)

It's a deep group and better than most...not bad if this is how we end up

I could Live with that, I too am hoping for Reid in the draft, the kid looks like he will translate well to the NFL, atleast what little I saw of him

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rick Stroud:

Expect DE Michael Bennett to become a Dolphin. The Bucs are committed to going with Bowers and Clayborn

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sean Jensen:

I'm told CB Sean Smith gets a 3-year, $18 million contract with $11 million guaranteed from the #Chiefs.

Dang. $18M is exactly what alot of people predicted he'd get for almost 2 days now.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Greg A. Bedard:

Patriots did not win back the $2.5 million from Fanene. It was ruled they could proceed with the hearing to attempt that.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yesterday I had posted that Skip Bayless has said a couple times for about 2 weeks now that he'd give up EVERY remaining 49ers pick left (now 11 tradeable picks) in order to acquire Darrelle Revis. Not that he's saying that that's what he thinks it'd take. Just that he would do that if it were him. We all had a laugh at that I think.

He added an even more hilarious twist on it on today's show. He said that he'd give up their first 5 picks (their 1st, both 2nds, both 3rds) even if it meant they only got Revis on a 1-year rental because it makes them the "prohibitive" favorite this year.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Garafalo:

If DE Michael Bennett leaves Miami today (@ProFootballTalk reported that visit first) he'll visit the Lions. Hunch is he's a Dolphin though.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oren Shiri:

Browns show interest in QB Jason Cambell

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yesterday I had posted that Skip Bayless has said a couple times for about 2 weeks now that he'd give up EVERY remaining 49ers pick left (now 11 tradeable picks) in order to acquire Darrelle Revis. Not that he's saying that that's what he thinks it'd take. Just that he would do that if it were him. We all had a laugh at that I think.

He added an even more hilarious twist on it on today's show. He said that he'd give up their first 5 picks (their 1st, both 2nds, both 3rds) even if it meant they only got Revis on a 1-year rental because it makes them the "prohibitive" favorite this year.

Saw that.

Both Stephan A and Bayless were dead wrong on it.

If I was the Bucs I wouldn't trade their 2013 1st round pick either. It seems they are the only team actually bidding on him and the Jets have made it clear they need to move him so why outbid yourself on him?

I would rather keep my picks and take my chances of landing him in FA.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jenny Vrentas:

Keith Rivers is re-signing with the Giants, source says. #nyg

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tony Softli:

Rams still in talks with CAA on OT Long. Incentives, escalators, total years and all the above. News to come soon.

It's probably because so many people jumped the gun right out of the shoot on trying to report he had signed but this feels like one of the longest medical checks/negotiations in NFL FA history. :)

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rick Stroud:

Dashon Goldson's cap hit for 2013 is $9-million. $4.5 million base, $4.5 million roster bonus.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

and this is exactly why he says this stuff. it's the same feeling i get from some people on Fox News or Rush Limbaugh...although they're all a bit nutty I think they talk more extreme than they truly feel just to ensure that their opinions/fame stays relevant. They basically just whore out their beliefs in the name of fame and $$$

Stephan A Smith is pretty crazy too, not nearly like Skip, but he makes up for it with volume and illogical vocabulary. At this point I refuse to watch or read anything these 2 produce. It's garbage.

On the flip side, ESPN needs to start featuring Bill Simmons every chance they get. He's funny, doesn't take it all too seriously, creative, open-minded, and likeable even though he's an unapologetic Boston fan. It will be interesting to see the moves ESPN makes in the coming year as a response to the start of Fox1

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
WNST:

In addition to re-signing S James Ihedigbo, the #Ravens also announce they've re-signed veteran CB Chris Johnson.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
JLC:

Ricky Jean Francois agrees to terms with Colts on 4 yr $22M deal

4 year, $22 million?! That's steep, without knowing details.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Caplan:

Colts picked up Jean-Francois on Irsay's plane and flew him in last night. But Money is what matters.