• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency Discussion Thread

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A priest, George, and two Scotts walk into a bar...

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A priest, George, and two Scotts walk into a bar...
And the two Scott’s said, “by chance are you a Priest?” And I said, “nope, I’m a Protestant” T,hey looked at me with grave disappointment. They went up to the priest and said, “Dressed as you are, are you truly a priest?” “My children” he said, “ why yes I am. Do you need to make a confession?” “Oh no“ said the younger of the two, “We just really need a corkscrew.”

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the two Scott’s said, “by chance are you a Priest?” And I said, “nope, I’m a Protestant” T,hey looked at me with grave disappointment. They went up to the priest and said, “Dressed as you are, are you truly a priest?” “My children” he said, “ why yes I am. Do you need to make a confession?” “Oh no“ said the younger of the two, “We just really need a corkscrew.”
Oh, in that case, do you know how many potatoes it takes to kill an Irishman?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, in that case, do you know how many potatoes it takes to kill an Irishman?
It is a sad answer - as I have Irish heritage on my mother's side. My Irish roots do not have potato famine motivations - though.

But you might to know what happens when an Irish Lass and a Ukrainian peasant get married. Ans: Me

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a sad answer - as I have Irish heritage on my mother's side. My Irish roots do not have potato famine motivations - though.

But you might to know what happens when an Irish Lass and a Ukrainian peasant get married. Ans: Me
And both grow - and eat - a lot of spuds!

I’ve been to Ukraine a half dozen times. I’ve always said they are the most hospitable people of any country I’ve visited.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From a genealogical perspective I am:

paternal: Norway->Scotland->America
maternal: Scotland->Ireland->America

My first American ancestors came over here several centuries ago and settled in the Southeast so you can mix in natives and darker skinned immigrants from Western Europe and Africa. So...when I get angry I can always go to war with myself, I suppose.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Wilson trade also alters our ability to pick up more quality players on team friendly deals. Von's tweets clearly indicate he wants to be back in Denver and with Wilson on board I could see him taking a fairly team friendly deal. Others may as well.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Wilson trade also alters our ability to pick up more quality players on team friendly deals. Von's tweets clearly indicate he wants to be back in Denver and with Wilson on board I could see him taking a fairly team friendly deal. Others may as well.
I had the thought that Von heard this deal was in the works. That it was the impetus for the tweet.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nearly $25M in cap space after the trade

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nearly $25M in cap space after the trade
Ha. Thanks. Just wondered about this in another thread. Two years remaining on current deal?

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the trade is a cap savings of around 12 million dollars. We will be bigger players in free agency now after this trade. We have some money, more players are wanting to come to Denver with a legit QB, and we don't have as much draft capital so free agency to fill holes is more of a must now.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hearing that a return to the Broncos by CHJ could be in the cards. Interesting move. Not sure he's even close to the player he was during the No Fly Zone days.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would LOVE to see Von Miller back in a Broncos uniform but it sounds like he wants top market money and the Rams are motivated to keep him around and playing with Donald. I think this may be a pipe dream.

I do see Von returning on a 1 day contract when he hangs 'em up.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von is a tough decision for me. Love what he can do on the field, but his leadership style was not getting the most out of the Defense. If he comes back does he slide back into his past role, or do the new leaders maintain control of the locker room?

The defense seemed to play more inspired after he left the whole he was here.

One of those leaders is now in Seattle.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would obviously like Von back for the right price that it would make sense at.

But I am really focusing on Chandler Jones right now if Von gets into a bidding war. Jones won't come cheap by any means but he did decline a little last year in which we might get him for a little better price then last year. Von is coming off a very good Super Bowl which I feel like he is going to use to amp up his $$$$.

After that I would focus on Reddick.

Randy Gregory is one suspension away from being suspended for another full season or even possibly banned. I would be careful with him. He is coming off a pretty good year but hasn't exactly been consistent throughout his career either.

Chandler Jones is sorta the feel/fit I my guts tell me but that now means it won't happen.