• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fred Jackson Wrecks Car

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So bad results means there's no focus, desire, hunger? Automatically? We could lose the final 10 games of the season and it still wouldnt mean that you're right that they are done 'now'.

Things change quickly in this league, and bad result isnt always indicative of bad process.
"You are what your record says you are". I can't be any more clear about it.

You have back to back games where break downs in communications kill the end of games, but that only talks about the last play or two in both. There are colossal melt downs covering multiple series in almost every game this season. This isn't an isolated game. It is every single week against every single opponent. There is no focus and it's freaking obvious.

How many melt downs in a row will it take before you can see there's a problem? Just curious. Five out of six games seems to do it for most of us.

As for the person saying they will still make the playoffs? :L SO WHAT! They might make a wildcard (still doubt that), but there is a 99.99999% chance they lose early anyway. This team was only in the last two SB's because they had home games. They needed miracles to get there both years. They will not find that luck on the road.

It's a down year for them. I've accepted it and so have most rational fans. You don't reach the SB every year. You don't make the playoffs or find a deep run every year. It doesn't mean it won't happen again, it's just not our year.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of it was the players were nursing injuries and couldn't really participate fully in training camp/preseason. Add to that a new defensive coordinator and multiple changes on the O-Line, and the team is just off to a rough start. I don't think passion is lost, but there's clearly frustration on both sides of the ball.

I don't know how different Richards is from Quinn/Bradley, but our Q4 defense is clearly playing soft and appears to be a bend/don't break system which is generally a recipe for disaster.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of it was the players were nursing injuries and couldn't really participate fully in training camp/preseason. Add to that a new defensive coordinator and multiple changes on the O-Line, and the team is just off to a rough start. I don't think passion is lost, but there's clearly frustration on both sides of the ball.

I don't know how different Richards is from Quinn/Bradley, but our Q4 defense is clearly playing soft and appears to be a bend/don't break system which is generally a recipe for disaster.
They aren't changing their coverage in the 4th quarters if you listen to them. They aren't slipping into 'prevent'. They simply aren't executing as well as they are in the first 3. So either every team we face is somehow figuring it out late and just finding ways they didn't early to beat us, or there's something else going on and the team stops being as effective as they were.

KR needs to get his ass up to the booth and have another coach on the sideline handle the players. I don't want my play callers on the field. Stop being a position coach and become a DC or get the hell out of the way and go back to the sideline rah rah stuff.

Williams isn't the problem. I'm not saying he doesn't suck, but you have to have a short memory to believe this is unique over there. Anyone else remember bitching endlessly about how Browner got beat by every receiver that was smaller/faster? His only real asset was being able to muscle up on large possession kinds of receivers. That's it. Maxwell and Lane were both better than Williams, but we suffered injuries and had replacements often that sucked over there. And still didn't lose communications and have wide open TE's right down the middle of the field multiple times a game.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't changing their coverage in the 4th quarters if you listen to them. They aren't slipping into 'prevent'. They simply aren't executing as well as they are in the first 3. So either every team we face is somehow figuring it out late and just finding ways they didn't early to beat us, or there's something else going on and the team stops being as effective as they were.

KR needs to get his ass up to the booth and have another coach on the sideline handle the players. I don't want my play callers on the field. Stop being a position coach and become a DC or get the hell out of the way and go back to the sideline rah rah stuff.

Williams isn't the problem. I'm not saying he doesn't suck, but you have to have a short memory to believe this is unique over there. Anyone else remember bitching endlessly about how Browner got beat by every receiver that was smaller/faster? His only real asset was being able to muscle up on large possession kinds of receivers. That's it. Maxwell and Lane were both better than Williams, but we suffered injuries and had replacements often that sucked over there. And still didn't lose communications and have wide open TE's right down the middle of the field multiple times a game.

Be that as it may, Williams is currently the weakest link and teams are exploiting him. The team has also admitted to some mixed signals being sent to the secondary by two different coaches. Can't put that on the players if that is true.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be that as it may, Williams is currently the weakest link and teams are exploiting him. The team has also admitted to some mixed signals being sent to the secondary by two different coaches. Can't put that on the players if that is true.
That was what I was saying! If we have almost all of the same secondary and we didn't have these breakdowns in communications last year then it has to be the sideline. And to have it happen more than once and continue to happen into week 6 is entirely inexcusable.

KR needs to go to the booth and they need to get their shit together on the sideline.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was what I was saying! If we have almost all of the same secondary and we didn't have these breakdowns in communications last year then it has to be the sideline. And to have it happen more than once and continue to happen into week 6 is entirely inexcusable.

KR needs to go to the booth and they need to get their shit together on the sideline.

I agree with you, I was just saying there isn't much point in talking about Browner or anyone else since we have what we have. And what we have is under-performing Williams. Don't we get Simon back soon? I think he's a better option there to be honest.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont disagree with that, but poor results on the field don't only come from "losing your edge" or other synonyms for "lack of hunger" or whatever you want to call it. There are a multitude of paths to get to a loss. The fact that we have a loss doesn't mean 'your' theory on how we got there is correct.

I never claimed that my theory was correct. Again go back to the last couple of losses and tell me there is NO major lack of focus! I fully understand that there are "multitude of paths to get a loss" but is that really the point at how the teams have been losing? Look at how Kam Chancellor played in Cincinnati when he allowed the TE to be wide open for a TD, he looked lost and confused, that happened on numerous occasions throughout the game. Or how about the lack of communication between TWO ALL-PROS on the last drive of Carolina game? TWO ALL-PROS!

I have a hard time believing how they focus and prepare to play the game doesn't play a role in those two losses. Hell, as Sherman said it, if they were to lose by 40 points because the team is bad, then I can live with it. But they were in it every single game and allowed the games to slip away from because one or 2 more executions over the course of 60 minutes would've made a difference.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you, I was just saying there isn't much point in talking about Browner or anyone else since we have what we have. And what we have is under-performing Williams. Don't we get Simon back soon? I think he's a better option there to be honest.
The point about Browner is we have always had issues on that side. Williams might be worse, but we managed to win a SB without a tight cover corner on that side.

The lack of depth is an issue, but we knew that was going to happen when guys got paid. You can't have the kind of depth we had in '12, and '13 particularly when you start giving guys their big money checks.

Our D line showed that lack of depth with Hill out.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks will sort it out and contend this season but you are missing the biggest part of the story.

He wrecked a Corvette for god’s sakes! That in it should be a crime let alone getting beat by a Charger. A frigin four door. (Unless it is a Hellcat)

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good to see Seahawk team security and the Renton police department working together to effectively cover up what was obviously a drag race.

The team culture gets more and more rotten by the day. There are making far too many headlines for the wrong reasons.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks will sort it out and contend this season but you are missing the biggest part of the story.

He wrecked a Corvette for god’s sakes! That in it should be a crime let alone getting beat by a Charger. A frigin four door. (Unless it is a Hellcat)
Corvettes jumped the shark a long time ago.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never claimed that my theory was correct. Again go back to the last couple of losses and tell me there is NO major lack of focus! I fully understand that there are "multitude of paths to get a loss" but is that really the point at how the teams have been losing? Look at how Kam Chancellor played in Cincinnati when he allowed the TE to be wide open for a TD, he looked lost and confused, that happened on numerous occasions throughout the game. Or how about the lack of communication between TWO ALL-PROS on the last drive of Carolina game? TWO ALL-PROS!

I have a hard time believing how they focus and prepare to play the game doesn't play a role in those two losses. Hell, as Sherman said it, if they were to lose by 40 points because the team is bad, then I can live with it. But they were in it every single game and allowed the games to slip away from because one or 2 more executions over the course of 60 minutes would've made a difference.
The lack of focus thing is too subjective to prove one way or the other. A couple of you were getting awfully close to saying that MUST be the reason we are losing, and I'm just saying there are other ways to lose a game.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the person saying they will still make the playoffs? :L SO WHAT! They might make a wildcard (still doubt that), but there is a 99.99999% chance they lose early anyway. This team was only in the last two SB's because they had home games. They needed miracles to get there both years. They will not find that luck on the road.

This division race is not over. The Hawks will have to step it up, obviously, but there is time for that. Just like there is time for regression from Arizona, who has dropped 2 of 3 since their schedule tightened up. And even if Arizona doesn't shit the bed, if the Hawks can find their closing ability, they could give them a fight down the stretch. If they lose tonight, I'll give up on the season. But as it stands, outside of the couple undefeateds in the NFC, everyone else has fatal flaws and their records can be possibly be considered smoke and mirrors covered by easy early schedules (ATL, Zona). As far as going on the road in the playoffs, 2 years ago the talk was all about how the top seeds never seem to win it and teams that have to scratch and claw their way to the dance had an advantage.

All that said, if they don't win tonight, they're fucked.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, if they don't win tonight they are fucked, but even if they do their margin of error for every other game for the rest of the season is gone. They have to pretty much play perfectly and that's hard to do every week with injuries that will for sure impact games.

This team has held HFA 3 times. What were the results of those seasons? And what about every season they didn't have it?

In a year when the Packers are looking very tough just getting to the show is not going to mean much come January.

And that's ok. You aren't going to win them all.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its a coincidence that the Panthers were in town and then the next day Fred Jackson crashes his car. I think Newton may have left his "Drive like Cam" book behind on purpose.