• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fred Jackson Wrecks Car

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmm give it time, I'm sure at some point in the next few years you'll do something that is stupid and regret it.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that. I wasn't very exciting when I was "young and dumb", so I don't really expect to see myself doing something like this.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know......I actually think your right about the lack of a chip, but still hoping to see that chip reappear starting next week. These guys stil have their pride and don't want to be embrassed.
I think we would all love to see that. You'd have thought that nearly losing to the Lions would have woken that up. Or losing after having a 17 point lead late in Cincy. If this team is going to get fired up and use it to wake up it has to come this week. That loss had to hurt that locker room. The miscommunications and mistakes are just mounting up week after week.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't hold your breath on that. I wasn't very exciting when I was "young and dumb", so I don't really expect to see myself doing something like this.
There are exceptions to ever rule, it's all good.:suds:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we would all love to see that. You'd have thought that nearly losing to the Lions would have woken that up. Or losing after having a 17 point lead late in Cincy. If this team is going to get fired up and use it to wake up it has to come this week. That loss had to hurt that locker room. The miscommunications and mistakes are just mounting up week after week.
Yeah you would think, but truthfully it's not as simple as lacking a chip on the shoulder. The constant drain on the coaching staff is taking a toll IMO. Lots of new faces from outside Pete coaching tree on the coaching staff.Also Lane I think was suppose to be next man up opposite Sherman, injuries derail that and the Seahawks had to go to plan B, which is to sign a CB from outside the system. Mmmm thus far that hasn't worked out well. Many other factors also I'm sure. Never the less I'm not throwing in the towel yet.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are exceptions to ever rule, it's all good.:suds:

Sure, it's all good. But I would have expected more maturity out of a father of 4 (Jackson). That's just me though.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, it's all good. But I would have expected more maturity out of a father of 4 (Jackson). That's just me though.
Yeah it was surprising I guess. More surprised he couldn't keep his vehicle from wrecking in a short drag race though.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it was surprising I guess. More surprised he couldn't keep his vehicle from wrecking in a short drag race though.

Wouldn't know about control, I've never drag raced - just have the feeling my Focus wouldn't perform very well...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you would think, but truthfully it's not as simple as lacking a chip on the shoulder. The constant drain on the coaching staff is taking a toll IMO. Lots of new faces from outside Pete coaching tree on the coaching staff.Also Lane I think was suppose to be next man up opposite Sherman, injuries derail that and the Seahawks had to go to plan B, which is to sign a CB from outside the system. Mmmm thus far that hasn't worked out well. Many other factors also I'm sure. Never the less I'm not throwing in the towel yet.
It's not just Williams or Kam's rust. And it isn't just the O line or the ever easy to blame Bevell. Injuries have been a part of every season and the line has always sucked and Bevell has always been Bevell.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just Williams or Kam's rust. And it isn't just the O line or the ever easy to blame Bevell. Injuries have been a part of every season and the line has always sucked and Bevell has always been Bevell.
There really are so many factors. It's not just one thing, I sure we'll all be spending a bunch of times discussing all the factors we can think of and still be missing some.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if this team does in fact turn it around, what then? Are you going to say you knew all along?

I will say this and if it's wrong I will own up to it. THIS TEAM IS STILL MAKING THE PLAYOFFS.
Do we have to break out the clip with Jim Mora's impersonation of Don Knotts again? PLAYOFFS?!!

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we have to break out the clip with Jim Mora's impersonation of Don Knotts again? PLAYOFFS?!!

Nope, I have faith they will turn it around. If they lose on Thursday then I'll change my tune.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to admit it applies. "Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game." Something like that. Next week will give us clue, either the Seahawks are done or theirs a chance.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to police, they have found no evidence that the crash was due to racing. They said his car was indeed going at a very high speed, but they haven't called it racing.

At least this means maybe Marshawn doesn't get a ticket and it might reduce whatever Jackson gets charged with. He won't get off without at least a fine of some sort.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really though, this team is done. No one there is taking anything seriously. There is no focus and no desire anymore. They don't have that hunger. This is just another example of it.

Couldn't agree more. Whatever. I guess the stardom from all the winning is getting to their heads.
Try listening to Richard Sherman's press conference, a ton of politically correct answers and not enough of the fire and desire we see.

This is what happens when you get PAID.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if this team does in fact turn it around, what then? Are you going to say you knew all along?

I will say this and if it's wrong I will own up to it. THIS TEAM IS STILL MAKING THE PLAYOFFS.
GOD DAMN RIGHT!!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can see the results on the field. They aren't playing with the chips on their shoulders they had when they were unproven and underpaid. I don't need access to the locker room to see it.
So bad results means there's no focus, desire, hunger? Automatically? We could lose the final 10 games of the season and it still wouldnt mean that you're right that they are done 'now'.

Things change quickly in this league, and bad result isnt always indicative of bad process.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch and Jackson are both saying they weren't drag racing and police are letting it go too. So who knows if they were or weren't racing? We've all had a buddy pull up next to us at a stop light and give you that little grin that lets you know "it's on!". It's not really a "race" per se, but guys are always competitive and will play around with each other with stuff like this.

The best comment I read about the accident was one on ESPN that said "Just another drive the Seahawks couldn't finish." Ouch, but funny.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So bad results means there's no focus, desire, hunger? Automatically? We could lose the final 10 games of the season and it still wouldnt mean that you're right that they are done 'now'.

Things change quickly in this league, and bad result isnt always indicative of bad process.

I would lean towards yes! Let's go as far as just a couple of years ago after they lost to the Falcons in the playoffs, you could see the desire and hunger oozing out of the players and it felt like they couldn't wait to get back on the field next season. What happen then? They won the SB.

So what changed? It's still mostly the same core group of players. Not saying that their desire to win is no longer there but you could see the lack of focus on the field.

In this type of situations I have to look at the coaches and mainly at PC. How much of his messages are getting through to these players now that they are supposedly known, proven, and paid? Building success comes in two phases. 1) Building a championship. 2) Sustaining the success. The Hawks right now are at phase 2, so it's up to the players and especially the coaches to sustain the hunger and desire from their players.

When you lose your edge it unfortunately does translate onto the field. PC always talk about finishing games and he need to drill that message onto the players heads.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When you lose your edge it unfortunately does translate onto the field.
PC always talk about finishing games and he need to drill that message onto the players heads.
I dont disagree with that, but poor results on the field don't only come from "losing your edge" or other synonyms for "lack of hunger" or whatever you want to call it. There are a multitude of paths to get to a loss. The fact that we have a loss doesn't mean 'your' theory on how we got there is correct.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't agree more. Whatever. I guess the stardom from all the winning is getting to their heads.
Try listening to Richard Sherman's press conference, a ton of politically correct answers and not enough of the fire and desire we see.

This is what happens when you get PAID.

yeah, I agree with the desire seems to be gone with some of the players. I've really noticed with Sherman, sometimes his brazen act off the field was cringe worthy at times, but I miss that guy. Now, everything is vanilla, he pats guys on the back that have beaten him on a route etc. Baldwin has seemed to have lost his desire as well, we need an Angry Doug rant.