• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fred Davis & Jordan Reed

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A sixth or seventh for a guy deactivated on game day is better than a guy deactivated on game day.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is where we see what Fred is made of. He is playing for his own future on Monday. His days with the Skins are all but done. If he plays well, he'll get picked up by someone in FA and get a pretty good payday. Of course you have to ask, why did it take such extreme situation to get him to play well?

If he is a non factor, his chance at a big payday will go out the window and everyone will say that Shanahan was right. I hope for Fred's sake (and ours) that he has a huge game with 7-8 receptions and 2 TDs.

enkay21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Jordan Reed but man, I don't think we'll ever get 16 games out of him. He was injury prone in college - part of the reason he fell to the 3rd round - and will have missed 2 full games this year while being knocked out of 2 already.

Hope he can stay healthy moving forward, but the 'Skins training staff has never seemed to be a beacon of success.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Jordan Reed but man, I don't think we'll ever get 16 games out of him. He was injury prone in college - part of the reason he fell to the 3rd round - and will have missed 2 full games this year while being knocked out of 2 already.

Hope he can stay healthy moving forward, but the 'Skins training staff has never seemed to be a beacon of success.

well lets see how it plays out hopefully this will pass

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, this is where we see what Fred is made of. He is playing for his own future on Monday. His days with the Skins are all but done. If he plays well, he'll get picked up by someone in FA and get a pretty good payday. Of course you have to ask, why did it take such extreme situation to get him to play well?

If he is a non factor, his chance at a big payday will go out the window and everyone will say that Shanahan was right. I hope for Fred's sake (and ours) that he has a huge game with 7-8 receptions and 2 TDs.

Well - so much for Davis doing well in that game. He was barely on the field on Mon and indications are that it may be a discipline matter related to him missing team meetings. If so - you really have to question the mental makeup of this guy. What a waste of talent.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well - so much for Davis doing well in that game. He was barely on the field on Mon and indications are that it may be a discipline matter related to him missing team meetings. If so - you really have to question the mental makeup of this guy. What a waste of talent.

Seriously. Not only is it a waste of talent, but he just blew any chance at a decent contract from anyone else. He is damaged goods at this point. He will be labeled a head case that is one toke away from a year long suspension. Not the kind of guy you give big money to.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. Not only is it a waste of talent, but he just blew any chance at a decent contract from anyone else. He is damaged goods at this point. He will be labeled a head case that is one toke away from a year long suspension. Not the kind of guy you give big money to.

SI.com - 2008 NFL Draft - Washington Redskins Draft Picks

And with that the Redskins 2008 draft is now officially considered a disaster. Only Rob Jackson will remain on the team from that draft & Rinehart is doing alright with the Chargers. I hear that Vinnie was badmouthing the current FO on the radio the other day. He should keep his mouth shut considering his track record.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read all of the responses to this thread carefully.....it seems that no one is looking at the bigger issue here and that sadly is coaching. Imagine having two talented TE's on your roster and neither meets your standard as a blocker. What should you do as a coach (this is basic coaching 101) when you spot weaknesses in a talented player? Ignore it? NAW!!! How about working on that weakness until the player vomits from the repetitions. As we all know, you get better at something the more you practice it.

BTW: If I'm the head or TE coach and my player missed one meeting that would be his last. Why? It would certainly NOT be because I left him alone.

Bottom line.........Do everything that is in the best interest of the team. Player weakness work on it until it is no longer an issue. Players late or missing meetings, figure out why, take my ego out of it and fix the issues because (repetition here) it is in the best interest of the team.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read all of the responses to this thread carefully.....it seems that no one is looking at the bigger issue here and that sadly is coaching.

Players who speak highly of Mike as a coach: John Elway, Steve Young, Joe Monana ...

Players who speak poorly of Mike as a coach: Fred Davis

that about sums it up ...

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players who speak highly of Mike as a coach: John Elway, Steve Young, Joe Monana ...

Actually, Plummer can't stand him.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not exactly sure of the point that you're trying to make, but if it is that past players thought highly of the coach and current ones do not ....I agree. It is altogether possible that current player are not talking poorly of him because the ONLY reason that they have a job is because of him. His lack of vision, inability to adjust, and unwillingness to work at turning a players deficiencies into a strength gives us 3-8. BTW; speaking of history, Does this team look like it belongs in the NFC East or the old AFC west??

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, Plummer can't stand him.

yeah, it wasn't a comprehensive list. But one list shows winners, the other not so much.

I'm not exactly sure of the point that you're trying to make, but if it is that past players thought highly of the coach and current ones do not ....I agree. It is altogether possible that current player are not talking poorly of him because the ONLY reason that they have a job is because of him. His lack of vision, inability to adjust, and unwillingness to work at turning a players deficiencies into a strength gives us 3-8. BTW; speaking of history, Does this team look like it belongs in the NFC East or the old AFC west??

The more & more I hear about Fred Davis intentionally skipping practice this week KNOWING they wanted him to start ... just proves this guy is a knuckle head and we do not need knuckle heads in the locker room. It took me a long time to come to this realization ... but i've reached my limit with Fred.

And the history of what divisions look like does not apply ... the game changes too fast.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, it wasn't a comprehensive list. But one list shows winners, the other not so much.

The more & more I hear about Fred Davis intentionally skipping practice this week KNOWING they wanted him to start ... just proves this guy is a knuckle head and we do not need knuckle heads in the locker room. It took me a long time to come to this realization ... but i've reached my limit with Fred.

And the history of what divisions look like does not apply ... the game changes too fast.

This is an interesting response!!! There has to be a reason WHY he skipped practice...IF....indeed it happened. Does it not stand to reason that even if true, Shanahan didn't give his team its best chance to win by NOT playing him. When the knucklehead awards are passed out, he will certainly get one for that move. BTW: being unwilling to work with todays players, IS reason for dismissal alone.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an interesting response!!! There has to be a reason WHY he skipped practice...IF....indeed it happened.

After weeks of not being activated felt he finally had some leverage knowing Reed would not be playing to spitefully walk in late to a meeting ... he's a knucklehead, thats why.
BTW: being unwilling to work with todays players, IS reason for dismissal alone.
Past players dont count I guess ? OK ...

Here are what todays leaders think ...

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After weeks of not being activated felt he finally had some leverage knowing Reed would not be playing to spitefully walk in late to a meeting ... he's a knucklehead, thats why.
[MEDIA=twitter]405781510701072384[/MEDIA]

Past players dont count I guess ? OK ...

Here are what todays leaders think ...

[MEDIA=twitter]405773783904292864[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA=twitter]405778716837830658[/MEDIA]

Being a few minutes late is a far cry from skipping a meeting the position that you originally defended. Even IF that was factual Shanahan not giving his team their best chance to win is unforgivable.

Quoting players who hold the position that it is not the coaches fault as some sort of proof must be put into perspective. There IS a greater chance that they would not have starting jobs or jobs at all if he is replaced.