• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fred Davis & Jordan Reed

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
paul-davis-paulsen-reed.png

I'm more then happy Jordan Reed is getting opportunities and making contributions. He looks like a stud.

But, where is Fred ? Jordan Reed had 56 snaps in Week 6, Fred Davis only had 19. Having two talented tight ends is always better then one. The receivers lack of production makes Fred's under utilization even more perplexing.

1h[/ame] All-22 Breakdown: [URL="[MEDIA=twitter]390156086755753984[/MEDIA]"]54m[/ame]
Wrote this in the offseason but it shows why the lack of 2 TE is mysterious [URL="http://t.co/NFlVCnAD1z"]http://httr24-7.com/film-room/the-redskins-need-a-tavon-austin-to-expand-the-offense-in-2013/ …

Last edited by a moderator:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle actually touched on this in his presser. The short answer is neither is a good enough blocker to have them both on the field at the same time without telegraphing to the defense that it is a pass play. Since neither are great blockers, we can't run effectively when both are out there. When its just one, they can block well enough to assist in a double team or get to the second level to seal a LB. But if both are out there, one of them has to take on a DE solo. Neither have the skill set to do that.

The answer actually makes some sense, but I think you could still find a play or two to use them in the right situation (like obvious passing downs??).

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cya fred, more cap room for us to sign someone like talib

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we cant find a way to use them both without it being obvious, keeping 4 TEs was useless other than a depth/injury standpoint. And I thought Niles was some sort of special teams ace. Boy has THAT backfired.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fred davis is on the way out in DC . with paulson hurt you would think he would step in

either he isnt healthy or reed is simply blowing him away

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there may be some issue regarding Freds participation and study in game meetings. Cooley was on the air the other day mentioning that if he were Davis, he would tell the coaches that he was diligently taking notes and giving them his game book to review daily... Maybe, he just doesn't have the mental part down...:noidea:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy is on his way out and reed just had a monster game

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It ain't even worth talking about Fred Davis. He will be gone after this year. Period. I kept saying, when Jordan Reed gets the chance, watch out!!! Every time he played in previous games, he would make a big catch or two. This time, they finally unleashed Jordan Reed and he straight balled. He was targeted nine times and caught as many balls (134 YDS, 1 TD. I loved how he used his hands, as he caught that 38-yarder in the 1st quarter. Not to mention, the nice catch and footwork he used for the TD. The man just played, today. He is a match up nightmare for LBs and safeties. It's no contest. This guy might just be the next great young TE in the league. I believe today's performance was just a foreshadow of things to come. :suds:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...there is ZERO chance Fred is coming back next season.

Jordan Reed was a beast.

I agree, Reed is a beast &, hopefully, a future pro bowler in this league.

But, ideally, it would be great to have two superstar TE. Especially considering we're getting limited production out of Moss/Morgan/Hankerson.

I just do not understand Fred Davis drop off.

They think so much of him now they do not even activate him for games ?

It's so frustrating for me because they do not explain the reason why ... is it because off the field issues, because he's not a good blocker, not running the right routes, butting heads with the OC, wants bigger contract then what they think he is worth? Until they come out and acknowledge what the problem is I am having a hard time moving on from him so quickly.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Reed is a beast &, hopefully, a future pro bowler in this league.

But, ideally, it would be great to have two superstar TE. Especially considering we're getting limited production out of Moss/Morgan/Hankerson.

I just do not understand Fred Davis drop off.

They think so much of him now they do not even activate him for games ?

It's so frustrating for me because they do not explain the reason why ... is it because off the field issues, because he's not a good blocker, not running the right routes, butting heads with the OC, wants bigger contract then what they think he is worth? Until they come out and acknowledge what the problem is I am having a hard time moving on from him so quickly.

It's definitely off the field issues. No work ethic and participation behind the scenes, is what is being said by "unnamed sources"

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Reed coming on so strong I can see why Davis' opportunities are limited but what's with Hankerson, Morgan & Moss? Just about nothing from these guys. Helu makes a nice addition on the receiving end of things but this teams badly needs a counter part to Garcon. Quite possibly a Cousins for Fitzgerald in the off season would be nice. With Garcon, Fitzgerald, Robinson, Reed, Helu etc... Would be quite the weapons to have for RG3.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't want Fitz. He gets no separation.

Pretty much agree & I don't want them making a major dent in the salary cap to get a receiver. The money would be much better spent on an O-lineman, ILB or secondary help. If they improved their O-line then I think they would be fine by simply adding a mid-priced WR to the lineup.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to believe, but Fred only has 4 catches this year. He wasn't even active for yesterday's game. How quickly they can fall from grace.........