• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fred Davis & Jordan Reed

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a few minutes late is a far cry from skipping a meeting the position that you originally defended. Even IF that was factual Shanahan not giving his team their best chance to win is unforgivable.

Quoting players who hold the position that it is not the coaches fault as some sort of proof must be put into perspective. There IS a greater chance that they would not have starting jobs or jobs at all if he is replaced.

Seriously? Trent Williams and DHall wouldn't start on this team under another coach? You are conveniently ignoring facts that don't support your position. The facts are that there have been no players on this team that have come out and blamed coaching, but there have been numerous that have publicly supported Shanahan.

I don't doubt that there are players that would like to see shanahan go. But the key players have come out and supported him. Consequently your position is speculation at best.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK stymie , just who do you think should be coach then ? because this is the root of this foolishness anyway

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So quality guys endorse Mike Shanahan...pieces of shit slam him.

So what kind of person listens to the pieces of shit?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

so the press reports he skipped a practice , davis denies it , the HC wont discuss it , and its shanny's fault that the press misreported it ?
what kind of foolishness is this ?

davis is upset because he lost his job to Reed . davis from the start has been immature from the day he got here .

remember the i overslept because i was drunk episode his 1st day as a pro? or how about the drug suspension for weed ? yeah davis has been treated unfairly

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK stymie , just who do you think should be coach then ? because this is the root of this foolishness anyway

There are any number of coaches who have the ability to get through to todays players. Mike WAS what this team needed at the time of his hire. His people skills, more importantly lack of the same is evident in his interviews. I have yet to hear one of his players say that the working atmosphere is enjoyable. Great HCs take the ingredients that they have and mold the system around their strengths. Bad coaches play that one note.....my way. Has this not been made abundantly clear to everyone, when there are nor have been ANY adjustments made during games??

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the press reports he skipped a practice , davis denies it , the HC wont discuss it , and its shanny's fault that the press misreported it ?
what kind of foolishness is this ?

davis is upset because he lost his job to Reed . davis from the start has been immature from the day he got here .

remember the i overslept because i was drunk episode his 1st day as a pro? or how about the drug suspension for weed ? yeah davis has been treated unfairly

Davis is not upset because he lost his job to Reed. All players want to win...period. This is still his team, he's a member of it STILL. When the coach states that his blocking needs improvement and that is not what's diligently worked on, then it is a coaching issue. To hold out a player because he was late for a meeting, ONLY hurts your team. Who's decision was that? Captain one note.....My way Mike.

Oversleeping because he was drunk, the weed suspension, late for a meeting all valid points, but tell me this........As bad as the goat-ropers suck, what did they do when one of their players had issues recently??

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are any number of coaches who have the ability to get through to todays players. Mike WAS what this team needed at the time of his hire. His people skills, more importantly lack of the same is evident in his interviews. I have yet to hear one of his players say that the working atmosphere is enjoyable. Great HCs take the ingredients that they have and mold the system around their strengths. Bad coaches play that one note.....my way. Has this not been made abundantly clear to everyone, when there are nor have been ANY adjustments made during games??

Dude, you are just ignoring the facts. You have your mind made up and are now just justifying. The facts are the numerous players have come out in support of Shanahan. But because they haven't used the words "atmosphere isn't enjoyable" you leap to mean that they are not in a good situation. Big leap.

Every great HC had their way of doing things and built a team around that system. Are you telling me that Cower wasn't a "my way" coach? OR Gruden? Or any other named coach out there who folks are throwing around as an option?

I'm not a huge shanahan fan, but your reasoning is not backed up by facts. You are doing the same thing the media does. Inferring to support your argument.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Trent Williams and DHall wouldn't start on this team under another coach? You are conveniently ignoring facts that don't support your position. The facts are that there have been no players on this team that have come out and blamed coaching, but there have been numerous that have publicly supported Shanahan.

I don't doubt that there are players that would like to see shanahan go. But the key players have come out and supported him. Consequently your position is speculation at best.

Trent Williams of course............D. Hall nope!! Remember when D. Hall became a free agent and every team in the league got into a bidding war over him.........NO??? cause it didn't happen!!! The only team that wanted him was this one. Of course someone MIGHT have eventually picked him up, but NOT as a starter.

BTW: when was the last time that you publicly chastised your boss over something that your vehemently disagreed with. It doesn't happen. That public support is no different than a kiss from the Godfather.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you are just ignoring the facts. You have your mind made up and are now just justifying. The facts are the numerous players have come out in support of Shanahan. But because they haven't used the words "atmosphere isn't enjoyable" you leap to mean that they are not in a good situation. Big leap.

Every great HC had their way of doing things and built a team around that system. Are you telling me that Cower wasn't a "my way" coach? OR Gruden? Or any other named coach out there who folks are throwing around as an option?

I'm not a huge shanahan fan, but your reasoning is not backed up by facts. You are doing the same thing the media does. Inferring to support your argument.

Of course Cower and Gruden were system coaches, but did they ever (systematic of the team woes) attempt to make a #2 WR into a 1? have the lightest O-line in the game, because it worked in the AFC past? Not assign someone to work with players who has/had off field issues? Not play a player who could clearly help them because his ego was bruised? Hired a 4-3 coach then switched to the 3-4? Made NO adjustments during games? Leave a player one on one when he's being toasted, buttered and jellied the entire game?? How about burning timeouts for no apparent reason? OMG I just listed a bunch of things that could only be inferences. Oh yeah it's a fun time in DC!!!

BTW: Several players on other teams have said exactly that about their HC, most notably Philly!!!
Seems to me my mind is open to the facts and yours is made up!!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huh??? What did you say???

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Cower and Gruden were system coaches, but did they ever (systematic of the team woes) attempt to make a #2 WR into a 1? have the lightest O-line in the game, because it worked in the AFC past? Not assign someone to work with players who has/had off field issues? Not play a player who could clearly help them because his ego was bruised? Hired a 4-3 coach then switched to the 3-4? Made NO adjustments during games? Leave a player one on one when he's being toasted, buttered and jellied the entire game?? How about burning timeouts for no apparent reason? OMG I just listed a bunch of things that could only be inferences. Oh yeah it's a fun time in DC!!!

BTW: Several players on other teams have said exactly that about their HC, most notably Philly!!!
Seems to me my mind is open to the facts and yours is made up!!!

So what does any of this gibberish have to do with your claim that the players don't support Shanahan? That is what I was addressing. BTW, the answer to many of the questions above is yes, but that is besides the point. The point I am making is you made a claim that the players don't support shanahan while the facts contradict your claim. So anything you say after that is suspect due to your bias.

Again, I'm not a huge fan of shanahan, but I'm not going to make things up just to justify my dismay with him.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being a few minutes late is a far cry from skipping a meeting the position that you originally defended. Even IF that was factual Shanahan not giving his team their best chance to win is unforgivable.

Quoting players who hold the position that it is not the coaches fault as some sort of proof must be put into perspective. There IS a greater chance that they would not have starting jobs or jobs at all if he is replaced.

Being a few minutes late for a meeting is still unforgivable.......Why is it ok for him to be late with no consequences??? What does that say to the team??/ Um we have a meeting, but if it is an inconvience for you to be here on time like everyone else.....come when you want..... doesnt sound like that is being fair to the team...The expection on the team is ...this is the meeting time......the coachs and players will be here for the entire meeting because eveyones time is important....We have important things to look at and discuss...

I believe he DID give the team the best chance to win by not giving him the playing time....He gave the team the best chance by playing the guys that deserved and were more prepared to play..... He didnt give an imature, sulky.....guy a chance to play when the TEAM comes first......

AS far as you saying it is the coachs fault his blocking hasnt develped.....Really??? You don't think they have tried coaching up his blocking.....Based on his past...his way of handeling business....his imaturity......I find it easier to believe they have tried, but he is too much of a guy to NOT accept that coaching...he is a guy that thinks his talent alone will be enough....and it wont....

Reed HAS improved in his blocking...Why? becasue the coachs have worked with him, and he has taken that coaching....worked hard, and applied it and gotten better!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this guy is an apologist

davis needs to have personal accountability he didnt , he will go the way of DMAC and AH

davis doesnt block well nor does he play special teams . hence he is # 4

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh??? What did you say???

Do you really need me to spell this out?

John Elway, Steve Young, and Joe Montana are all players with close ties to Mike Shanahan. They all endorse Mike and were great players with great work ethic.

Fred Davis is a piece of shit that doesn't like Mike.
Jake Plummer is a piece of shit that doesn't like Mike.

So if you believe the POS...then you must be a _________.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what does any of this gibberish have to do with your claim that the players don't support Shanahan? That is what I was addressing. BTW, the answer to many of the questions above is yes, but that is besides the point. The point I am making is you made a claim that the players don't support shanahan while the facts contradict your claim. So anything you say after that is suspect due to your bias.

Again, I'm not a huge fan of shanahan, but I'm not going to make things up just to justify my dismay with him.
45-10 Shanahan could do with a lot less of this type of support!!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really need me to spell this out?

John Elway, Steve Young, and Joe Montana are all players with close ties to Mike Shanahan. They all endorse Mike and were great players with great work ethic.

Fred Davis is a piece of shit that doesn't like Mike.
Jake Plummer is a piece of shit that doesn't like Mike.

So if you believe the POS...then you must be a _________.

You are clearly one who doesn't know when you're insulted. Re-read the original point of this maybe you'll get it. I'm betting not!!!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
45-10 Shanahan could do with a lot less of this type of support!!!

That's a different point. They support him with words, but not with actions. He needed them to step up and make plays, not rally to his back in the press.

Its a moot point. He is gone. Its just a matter of when.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a different point. They support him with words, but not with actions. He needed them to step up and make plays, not rally to his back in the press.

Its a moot point. He is gone. Its just a matter of when.

No it IS the point............Actions speak sooooo much louder than word!!!!

An old saying from life in the hood might help you to understand this, it goes...........I'm with you, till they get you, then I'm gone!!!