• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Frank gore

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been thinnking about the original tank. I know we have him signed through next year. But it got me thinking.

Frank has been the ultimate and consummate professional for us. His play despite his age still hasn't dropped. He manages to fit inside the tightest holes(no dirty minds) and his patience is definitely the best. Frank is still one of the most under appreciated backs in the national media.

I guess what I'm getting at is, what do we do after his contract is up? Frank has been with us his whole career and has never once been a disgruntled player even during the dark years. Is it the offensive line and play calls/ better offensive wespons that have made frank still successful? Do we consider signing frank after this contract? We have hunter, James and even lattimore in the wings.

I guess it will all depend how frank holds up this yr and next. Also how far along hunter or James or lattimore can develop along with how much frank can keep it going at that age and how much money he would command after this contract. Guess I'm just gauging on what everyone thinks because it will be a sad day when frank is no longer niner. I know it's the nature of the business but it is coming soon.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Frank as being part of the future of this team. I honestly can't see him having too many more great seasons left in him. Of course, Gore's style of running doesn't require huge amounts of physical abilities, there is only so much the body can take.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it all depends on Lattimore. If he proves to the coaches he can be the next back of the 49ers and I think Gore will go play a year or two someone else and then retire as a 49er. If the coaches and front office aren't sold on Lattimore they will draft a RB they think will be and sign Gore to a year or 2 year contract. Unless Gore is horrible next year

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought we had him signed for two more years? Was it not a three year extension and insinuated to be his final 49er contract?

Maybe Pozz can clarify.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Gore. He and Willis were the only reason to watch the team during the crap years. But I just don't see any scenario in which Gore comes back after next season. If he has a great year then he's probably not taking the significant paycut needed to resign with the Niners. In any case I'm really rooting for him to get 12000 rushing yards. That should cement a HOF place for him.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I kind of figured he'd be gone after this year. However, he's shown no signs of slowing, so it's looking more like we may let him finish out the contract. But with a guy his age, you've got to play it by ear. Frank isn't just older, he's had almost 2,400 touches. That's a lot of wear. He could drop off quickly at some point. So we see what happens next season, where our other guys are, and probably either let him walk after 2014 or re-sign him to a considerably smaller contract. It's somewhat cold-hearted, but I would lean toward the former.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just need to win a Superbowl in this year and next year. If they win one right after he leaves it will be pretty sad.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank is signed through 2014. In 2014 he has a base of 3,300,000, a roster of 2,750,000 and a workout bonus of 400,000. I do not believe that Frank will be back with the team at his current cap number of 6,450,000. His contract was written to cut him in the final year with no dead money, so it would be a 6,450,000 cap savings.

With the salary cap, young talented teams do not invest significant cap space in aging but still great players when they have used a fourth, a second and a fourth round draft pick on the position in the last couple of years, and if they do they do not stay a young talented team. Since the team does have Kendall Hunter (2014), LaMichael James (2015), BruceMiller (2014) Marcus Lattimore (2016) they need to determine the heir apparent (hunter) extend him with Frank money and spend the balance of savings on extending young talent, and finding a new center, WR, CB.

If Frank wants to stay with the team and chase a ring he will need to restructure. Sign a new cap friendly three or 4 year deal so it looks like he is still getting paid but will be cut/retire on the back end. Loyalty is great but being bad with money will eventually cost us a Kaep, Hunter, Iupati, Aldon, Crab, etc. We need to front load contracts as much as possible to keep the window open as long as possible.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we resign him but we tell him look we want you to be a leader but its time to lose some carries and maybe become a 3rd down back. We tell him if you can get more money some where else go get it if not come back and be part of a winning team.

We better not force him out and just cut him. He earned to have the truth be told when his time is up.

Up on The Governor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 3 RB in the NFL right now, at the age of 30 too.

How long have people been saying that he's going to break down?

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it all depends on Lattimore. If he proves to the coaches he can be the next back of the 49ers and I think Gore will go play a year or two someone else and then retire as a 49er. If the coaches and front office aren't sold on Lattimore they will draft a RB they think will be and sign Gore to a year or 2 year contract. Unless Gore is horrible next year

I hate when they sign to retire. You dont retire a niner if your last years was with someone else.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Gore. He and Willis were the only reason to watch the team during the crap years. But I just don't see any scenario in which Gore comes back after next season. If he has a great year then he's probably not taking the significant paycut needed to resign with the Niners. In any case I'm really rooting for him to get 12000 rushing yards. That should cement a HOF place for him.

Can't wait for that hof speech