• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Frank Gore shoud we worried him?

JAY52PWILLS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He look real slow Sunday. No burst in speed or acceleration. Should we be worried?

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No...he didn't see much preseason action...i think he was just a little rusty..

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not worried yet, the o line didnt run block so well last game either.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clear lanes I saw... I think it was just the Seattle Beef clogging and jaming the OL that held Gore in check.

BallsOfFury

Next man up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well, I noticed an apparent lack of sweeps and pitches outside to counteract all that D-line bulk. Seems like the coaches were borrowing from the Sing/Raye "hit people in the mouf" playbook...but when those people hit you back, you have to go to plan B...

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Seattle always bottles him up for a majority of the game and then he breaks a big one or two. This game he just never got that one.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, I noticed an apparent lack of sweeps and pitches outside to counteract all that D-line bulk. Seems like the coaches were borrowing from the Sing/Raye "hit people in the mouf" playbook...but when those people hit you back, you have to go to plan B...

Repped!

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:hdn:

I just noticed this and had to post it cause I laughed. To relate it to football....uh, hopefully we do this to the Rams??? Metaphorically speaking of course.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He didn't really have anywhere to go so I don't think it's a Frank Gore problem but more of a play calling thing. It was clear Seattle was out to stop Gore and we did little to break them away from that.

I think we'll be far more aggressive against Dallas since we'll have to be so I don't think there is any reason to hit a panic button yet.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Q1 - 1 toss play (misdirection, where AS is one the lead blockers)

Q2 - 4 sweeps/toss plays to Gore (1 misdirection play)

Q3- 1 sweep/toss to Gore

Q4- 1 End-around to Ginn

6 of Gore's 22 carries were sweeps (28%). I didn't even count the off-tackle plays.

I love the NFL-game rewind. Still think you saw some Sing/Raye?

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought Gore looked a little sluggish until he broke out on his longest run. He had his leverage lean thing going at the end of that play and that's a very good sign for his hip. Give him a little time, he'll be just fine. It's just the other minor pieces of the offense (QB, OL, WR's) that we'll be frustrated with this year.

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Q3- 1 sweep/toss to Gore

Q4- 1 End-around to Ginn

6 of Gore's 22 carries were sweeps (28%). I didn't even count the off-tackle plays.

I think a lot of those sweeps are due to Seattle's defense. They have a real big D-Line and sweeps can be used to exploit them. I wouldn't be surprised to see every team's sweep plays spike against Sea.

Thought it was very creative though with those mis-direction sweeps.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it's too early to be worried about Gore. Judging by what the Seahawks did last Sunday, their defense was keyed to stopping the run and make Alex beat them with the pass. I believe were betting that the Niners will play conservatively and made a concerted effort to stop the Niners running game.

jakea31

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The thing I noticed was his lack of balance. If you compare Sunday's game footage with previous games, you will notice that Gore always had his legs underneath him (if that makes since). His legs and hip were in aligned and in sync.

His legs looked rusty and I think that will improve as the season progresses. I did not see much hesitation, just the lack of running space. Like someone already mentioned, Gore did not see much preseason action. No need to worry.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Q3- 1 sweep/toss to Gore

Q4- 1 End-around to Ginn

Yes, absolutely!

EaseUrStorm

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The offense this year may resemble a functional Sing/Raye type system. Like a Sing/Raye system on steroids where Gore can actually produce with the different personnel groupings, shifts, and non-telegraphed plays. Gore's will still fight for his yardage as we saw Sunday, but it will hopefully get easier as the offense starts to open up little by little.

Until Braylon Edwards/VD can really make a team pay, it would be stupid to not put 8 in the box.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The offense this year may resemble a functional Sing/Raye type system. Like a Sing/Raye system on steroids where Gore can actually produce with the different personnel groupings, shifts, and non-telegraphed plays. Gore's will still fight for his yardage as we saw Sunday, but it will hopefully get easier as the offense starts to open up little by little.

Until Braylon Edwards/VD can really make a team pay, it would be stupid to not put 8 in the box.

I am not worried about Edwards or VD's abilities at all. Harbaugh needs to push Smith sooner than later IMO.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know what game you were watching, but we ran a bunch of sweeps, pitches and counters, even a counter draw. We can only use these plays so much, though, if running up the middle isn't working.

JAY52PWILLS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i guess i look at it like is he totally healthy coming off injury.... i guess we see against cowgirls.