• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Frank Gore extended

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
so does this mean we have Gore for 4 years?(last year of his current contract + 3 yr extension) or does this new contract replace the last year of his old deal? (3 yrs total)

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The goal SHOULD be to trade THIS talent away in order to accumulate more talent.

So what exactly is the market for Gore? I'd rather extend him than get that extra 4th rounder.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The goal SHOULD be to trade THIS talent away in order to accumulate more talent.

So what exactly is the market for Gore? I'd rather extend him than get that extra 4th rounder.

Same.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It is not just about signing Gore for his on field. He is a fan favorite on a team that hasn't been very good. Trading Gore would be stupid. And signing Owens would be stupid.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is why this deal should be considered a success:
EDWARDS: He is. Frank’s one of those guys, he’s ready. Frank’s been here long enough. He’s ready to go to the playoffs. He’s ready to go to the next level. He’s ready to sacrifice all of his personal and individual success for the team’s success, and that’s why it’s great to be around guys like that. With attitude and the things that he can do, the sky’s the limit for him as well as this offense.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And when your coach says this about ya:
"Frank is a true 49er. I’ve said that from when I first got here, that’s how I thought I would feel about Frank Gore. Now I know how I feel about Frank Gore. The guy is awesome. Somebody should do a movie. Somebody should do the Frank Gore story, because it’s an awesome story.”
Franks a stud. Now why would you trade a stud? You don't, you breed em and get your money's worth.

PWilly52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are times in which you do trade talent that is near an end to get younger talent. However this is not one of those cases. Frank is a team leader, team player, and is hungry. He belongs in a 49ers uniform. If a crazy deal came along then yea, but like clyde said not for a 4th rounder.

Sickness, I understand where your coming from but in this case your wrong

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A reasonable deal for a guy that has worked his ass off, has produced at a near elite level year after year, and wants to be a 49er. This franchise is finally pulling itself out of the dumpster file its been nestled in for years and Gore deserves to be a part of the future.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And when your coach says this about ya:
"Frank is a true 49er. I’ve said that from when I first got here, that’s how I thought I would feel about Frank Gore. Now I know how I feel about Frank Gore. The guy is awesome. Somebody should do a movie. Somebody should do the Frank Gore story, because it’s an awesome story.”
Franks a stud. Now why would you trade a stud? You don't, you breed em and get your money's worth.

Now that is what I call an endorsement! Thanks for the Post, 22.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great news to wake up too for sure. He has constantly been the workhorse for this team and gives it his all. It would of been werid had Frank been playing for another team. Even through all these losing season Frank has never once said one bad thing or wanted to leave. Definition of a team player and he wants to win here. Crabtree take notice.

No complaints here.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Great news to wake up too for sure. He has constantly been the workhorse for this team and gives it his all. It would of been werid had Frank been playing for another team. Even through all these losing season Frank has never once said one bad thing or wanted to leave. Definition of a team player and he wants to win here. Crabtree take notice.

No complaints here.

Too-Shay!! Very appropriate!

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is this good news? They should've traded Gore years ago, and they certainly should've traded him when the contract stuff came up. But instead they gave him more money to do exactly what he would've done for less money. And they did it after a major hip injury.

Just curious, what would you of wanted back for gore to seem reasonable? I would guess the highest draft pick they could get is a 4th maybe a 3rd. But i just dont see the logic in trading him when we have unproven backs in hunter and dixon.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I will say the one thing the front office does well is contracts and I've got to hand it to them for being able to get deals done that are good for the team and player.

When it comes to trading him if we were going to do it we would've had to have done it years ago. Trading him now would be completely pointless as their really isn't value there.

Also the lesser talked about aspect is the business aspect of it. In order to trade fan favorite players like Gore you need a recent history of winning and you need a franchise QB.

Belicheck can do whatever he wants because he has a franchise QB to build around and has him as the face of the franchise and he has the winning seasons and rings to back up his decisions.

On the other hand we haven't had either so you need somebody to put on the billboards, sell tickets, plaster on your website, sell jerseys, and just get the fans excited.

From a contract standpoint I would call it pretty reasonable and we have plenty of cap room for it and I just don't envision a scenario where the team will be "If only we didn't have Gore's contract we could've signed all these free agents".

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's official! via Twitter:

It's official. Frank Gore just signed a 3-year contract extension through 2014 with the #49ers.
by sf49ers

50793758ffea1f4750130945d24d61c44312cf3c_wmeg_00001.jpg

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How is this good news? They should've traded Gore years ago, and they certainly should've traded him when the contract stuff came up. But instead they gave him more money to do exactly what he would've done for less money. And they did it after a major hip injury.

Even the best GM's in the NFL would not trade a guy unless they already have a proven player in their team to replace his production. Hunter and Dixon combined does not equal Gore...

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Can someone remind me how Walsh and Eddie D took care of the aging players on the roster like Lott, Craig, Montana and later Rice?

It seems rather hypocritical to clamour for the old days and at the same time praise this as a wonderful move. I'm not saying it was a mistake, Gore brings a lot more to the franchise than his production, but I'm far from convinced it was the right move also.

Personally, I would have let the season play out and re-visit the issue in February. We just gave a pretty good chunk of change to a player who has, I believe, played 16 games once in his career as the starter and has 0 of the original parts in his legs.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can someone remind me how Walsh and Eddie D took care of the aging players on the roster like Lott, Craig, Montana and later Rice?
It seems rather hypocritical to clamour for the old days and at the same time praise this as a wonderful move. I'm not saying it was a mistake, Gore brings a lot more to the franchise than his production, but I'm far from convinced it was the right move also.

Personally, I would have let the season play out and re-visit the issue in February. We just gave a pretty good chunk of change to a player who has, I believe, played 16 games once in his career as the starter and has 0 of the original parts in his legs.

The Niners did not let go of Lott, Craig, Montana, and Rice without their replacement in place. Tim McDonald basically replaced Lott, Ricky Watters replaced Roger Craig, Steve Young replaced Joe Montana, and TO replaced Rice. Right now, the Niners do not have any one in their current roster proven to take over the production that Gore gives them. Plus just because they gave him an extension, unless there is a no trade clause, it does not preclude them trading him before his extension is up...