• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Frank Gore extended

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This seems fairly reasonable. Gore has a lot of miles, but while he's been nicked he hasn't had any of the major injury concerns that you thought he might coming out of college. You know he's going to give it his all, and he's great to have in the locker room. I'm actually somewhat hopeful that he will hold up ok as he ages. His game isn't based on speed or power so much as it is vision. He takes some hits, but he's not a pounder. Especially in a platoon, he could be productive for four more years. THat might be a bit optimistic, but we'll see.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would have preferred 3 years left, instead of 4. But overall pretty good.

He's gonna be the all time leading 49er rusher by the time he's done.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just came acrossed on NFL network as well. Awesome deal. 3 years 21 million 13.5 garantee. Gore gets a raise but it is not a bad deal that will end up biting us in the rear. Glad he is signed and happy. He has been our offense since he became the starter.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chump change compared to what DW got. Reasonable deal, IMO.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO fair deal.

projecting two more seasons at this high level, and year 3 not as high?

I Agree, it is a fair deal, a nice Goldilocks contract. As for his carries, your plan sounds about right. I think by year three (or even sooner) Gore could be significantly challenged by Hunter.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
echoing the same responses... I think that's a super deal considering he may have wanted more.... Probably the incentives are manageble for Gore?

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty much what I was thinking he was gonna get. A little more guaranteed money but he's worth the extra couple mil.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
How is this good news? They should've traded Gore years ago, and they certainly should've traded him when the contract stuff came up. But instead they gave him more money to do exactly what he would've done for less money. And they did it after a major hip injury.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Gore has a very good chance to be the leading rusher in 49er history. He has been one of the best RB since he has come into the league. He has been our entire offense for years. He is one of the few all around backs left in the league. You don't just replace those guys. And you don't trade your best weapon.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Gore has a very good chance to be the leading rusher in 49er history. He has been one of the best RB since he has come into the league. He has been our entire offense for years. He is one of the few all around backs left in the league.

How would you feel if the Niners signed TO to a 3 year deal with lots of guarenteed money?

You don't just replace those guys.

Sure you do.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm okay with this. I feel like his production could be replaced pretty easily, but it's not out of whack for the market.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How is this good news? They should've traded Gore years ago, and they certainly should've traded him when the contract stuff came up. But instead they gave him more money to do exactly what he would've done for less money. And they did it after a major hip injury.

the goal is to accumulate talent, not trade them away?

yes, there are times where you trade and if Gore held out for more, maybe we would've sent a mass e-mail? but these contract numbers are reasonable for an every down back. the health issue had to be factored in, thats why its not higher?

maybe Dixon and Hunter can put up similar rushing numbers, MAYBE? but they can't catch well and can't pick up blocks well.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
the goal is to accumulate talent, not trade them away?

The goal SHOULD be to trade THIS talent away in order to accumulate more talent.

maybe Dixon and Hunter can put up similar rushing numbers, MAYBE? but they can't catch well and can't pick up blocks well.

Dixon & Hunter aren't the issue. You don't give aplayer more money to do the exact same thing he would've done for less. You really think he would've held out all season? At age 28? Baalke just showed zero balls.

Attention all potential and current 49ers: You can walk all over the Niners' gutless management. Go ahead; they'll give you whatever you want.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
MAN THIS KIND OF STUFF PISSES ME OF!!!!!!

How is it year in and year out these clowns keep making the same kind of stupid decisions that show what light weights they are? No wonder nobody takes the 49ers seriously any more. Nobody in upper management has any stones. Oh how I miss Eddie D...

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MAN THIS KIND OF STUFF PISSES ME OF!!!!!!

How is it year in and year out these clowns keep making the same kind of stupid decisions that show what light weights they are? No wonder nobody takes the 49ers seriously any more. Nobody in upper management has any stones. Oh how I miss Eddie D...

so far you're the only one who feels its a stupid decision?

who do we trade next, Willis? if not, why not?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
so far you're the only one who feels its a stupid decision?

Yep.

who do we trade next, Willis? if not, why not?

Willis? I'd trade him for... say... Calvin Johnson... But no, not Willis. I'd trade Staley or Crabtree. Justin Smith too (only for a 1st rounder, which is what the Pats got for Seymour). That's about it.

...Oh, I'd trade Anthony Davis if a team were dumb enough to offer a hig pick for him too.

freaak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
...Oh, I'd trade Anthony Davis if a team were dumb enough to offer a hig pick for him too.

Would not surprise me in the least if this happens. And if it does, anything less than a high 2nd would be another mark against Baalke imo.

Regarding Gore: All things considered, it was a reasonable deal...for reasons already stated.