• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Frank Clark...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we found our replacement for Avril/Bennett? Kid looks great, is getting an amazing first step. I think he'll start getting some holding calls going his way if he keeps up the pace.

What a great pickup by Carroll/Schneider. Thoughts on the kid?

As a side note, I was mega excited about this kid during the draft. I loved the selection as my Dad looked over to me with a "Uh, who is he?" look.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't look at Clark as a replacement for either Avril or Bennett. It's great having all 3 healthy and on the field. Depth on the DL is a luxury and is one of the reasons this D has been consistently on top. Liking what I see from Clark and looking forward to getting MB back and stopping some of these 3rd and long lapses.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about that sack last night when he grabbed the back of Brady's jersey by his fingertips and still got him down? He's a powerful dude that I am glad is one our side.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't look at Clark as a replacement for either Avril or Bennett. It's great having all 3 healthy and on the field. Depth on the DL is a luxury and is one of the reasons this D has been consistently on top. Liking what I see from Clark and looking forward to getting MB back and stopping some of these 3rd and long lapses.

Yah but eventually you have to think about that. Bennett/Avril might be on this team for now, but in a 1.5 seasons someone might overpay for Bennett or he's just going to be too old to produce much.

You HAVE to think about replacements and up and comers. Wish we could all live in wonderland where Cortez Kennedy and Walter Jones were STILL playing as Hawks, but it doesn't work that way.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah but eventually you have to think about that. Bennett/Avril might be on this team for now, but in a 1.5 seasons someone might overpay for Bennett or he's just going to be too old to produce much.

You HAVE to think about replacements and up and comers. Wish we could all live in wonderland where Cortez Kennedy and Walter Jones were STILL playing as Hawks, but it doesn't work that way.
Sure, father time is undefeated. Frank Clark will be here hopefully for a long time regardless of what happens with anyone else.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes down to contract talks with bennett I think the hawks will be more comfortable setting their tone knowing they have clark. Cassius has been pretty good as well not that I see him as an every down end. I like clark, I liked when we drafted him, he was a very good pick up

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes down to contract talks with bennett I think the hawks will be more comfortable setting their tone knowing they have clark. Cassius has been pretty good as well not that I see him as an every down end. I like clark, I liked when we drafted him, he was a very good pick up

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This defensive line is better when it can continually throw fresh guys out there. The more guys they can add to that rotation, the better, as it keeps everyone fresher as the season goes on. They will eventually have to replace Bennett and Avril for one reason or another and it looks like they'll have some good options available to them when that time comes, but let's not be so eager to rush either one of them out the door.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its crazy to think that this defense would get better at rushing the passer with the departure of Bruce Irvin

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its crazy to think that this defense would get better at rushing the passer with the departure of Bruce Irvin
To me, this is a lot like the offense being better last year after Graham's injury. One thing happening after another doesn't necessarily indicate a causal relationship; as it turns out, Frank Clark is just a better pass rusher than Irvin, and Clark is playing a lot more snaps per game this season.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clark and irvin are different players entirely. Irvin was actually pretty good in coverage. Clark seems more like a pure rush end to me with some ability to play dt when needed

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clark and irvin are different players entirely. Irvin was actually pretty good in coverage. Clark seems more like a pure rush end to me with some ability to play dt when needed

Which I'm definitely fine with. I'll take a 4-3 end rusher over a 4-3 OLB ANY day.