• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Four Seasons Loco Coffee and Total Landscaping Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if it's included in the document, but how about an additional stipulation that if a president is impeached, he/she loses the ability to grant pardons to anyone.
And all previous pardons and judicial appointments are rescinded.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just stole that and put it on Facebook to piss off the racists I know.
The circle of life. That's where i got it. Bob the wonder poodle is the account. He's funny.
First step; they have told Trump that the device the codes need to be entered into is, in fact, the microwave in the WH kitchen.

beepbeepbloopbloopbleepboop Start

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"What happened today will be used by the people taking power to justify stripping you of the right you are born with as an American. If you don't bother to pause and learn a single thing from it, from your citizens storming your Capitol Building, then you're a fool. ...We got to this sad, chaotic day for a reason. It is not your fault (his viewers), it is their fault (liberals)." -Tucker Carlson on the Events of January 6th

Actually Tucker, we got to this place because of straight up lies from people like you who stoked anger purely to enrich themselves. That's all this is at the end of the day. Lies about international ********* rings in pizza parlors, lies about dead people voting by the thousands and election machine companies that want certain results, lies about climate change being fake and a way to take people's jobs, and lies about people who want to cancel Christmas just because they have good manners.

Most of these issues are either not real, but you made (1) the issues incredibly serious, (2) exaggerated the position you agree with while knowingly misrepresenting your opposition's stance, and, (3) most importantly, associated that stance as coming from a place of pure evil. Even issues where some reform may be needed like election management or gun control quickly become standoffs in patriotism instead of discussions of policy implications. And social media has only dumbed down the conversation further and made finding facts more difficult, especially in an environment where the media was something not to be trusted, rather than more accurately read critically.

The last element (3) is the most critical, because once you can characterize that opposition as being "evil," then you need start only with that premise and you can develop conclusions based purely on this intent. It becomes self-perpetuating.
We don't talk about a policy position and disagree on what the positives and negatives of such a policy could be. We talk about the character of the people behind it being evil, unpatriotic, etc. It's a shortcut. Because defending a position (even ones that make sense) can be difficult. But being against evil or being for America, well that's easy. So let's make politics about that. Let's call something the America the Beautiful Act because who would be opposed to America. Once you had your premise, you need only find the photo (doctored or not), stats (real or not), or post (supported or not) that supported it. And then spread the disease of ignorance even more. This is a problem on both sides, but conservatives through media outlets were the first to weaponize it. Rush, Tucker, etc. searched for media companies, minorities, etc. to blame to reach and stoke their target market. It got out of control from there.

I wish I could conclude this with a "here's how it gets better" line. But I can't. I don't think it does. I think this is the opening salvo of an ignorant and manipulated sector of our society pulling the whole thing downward. And I don't think those who created the monster will realize what they've done before it's too late.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SING IT ALANIS !!!

I have one foot in the graveyard
And the other on the bus
And the passengers do trample
Each other in the rush.
And the chicken hearted lawman
Is throwing up his fill
To see the kindly doctor
To pass the super pill.
Well, I'm goin' down to revisit Dr. Bogenbroom.
Well, I'm on my way, three cheers for Dr. Bogenbroom.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TRnukBA.jpg

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her brother:

Sorry for his loss. And it happened long before yesterday.

Had my brother in law not passed away in June, I would think he would have been there. It's hard to watch someone go down that spiral. And what it does to everyone around them. It's like an addiction. A raging mental health crisis.

Fix healthcare. Get these people the help they need.

I will resume the jokes in my next post. Probably.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her laptops been stolen too ... wonder if it turns up and is rebranded as HUNTERS LAPTOP !!!

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"What happened today will be used by the people taking power to justify stripping you of the right you are born with as an American. If you don't bother to pause and learn a single thing from it, from your citizens storming your Capitol Building, then you're a fool. ...We got to this sad, chaotic day for a reason. It is not your fault (his viewers), it is their fault (liberals)." -Tucker Carlson on the Events of January 6th

Actually Tucker, we got to this place because of straight up lies from people like you who stoked anger purely to enrich themselves. That's all this is at the end of the day. Lies about international ********* rings in pizza parlors, lies about dead people voting by the thousands and election machine companies that want certain results, lies about climate change being fake and a way to take people's jobs, and lies about people who want to cancel Christmas just because they have good manners.

Most of these issues are either not real, but you made (1) the issues incredibly serious, (2) exaggerated the position you agree with while knowingly misrepresenting your opposition's stance, and, (3) most importantly, associated that stance as coming from a place of pure evil. Even issues where some reform may be needed like election management or gun control quickly become standoffs in patriotism instead of discussions of policy implications. And social media has only dumbed down the conversation further and made finding facts more difficult, especially in an environment where the media was something not to be trusted, rather than more accurately read critically.

The last element (3) is the most critical, because once you can characterize that opposition as being "evil," then you need start only with that premise and you can develop conclusions based purely on this intent. It becomes self-perpetuating. We don't talk about a policy position and disagree on what the positives and negatives of such a policy could be. We talk about the character of the people behind it being evil, unpatriotic, etc. It's a shortcut. Because defending a position (even ones that make sense) can be difficult. But being against evil or being for America, well that's easy. So let's make politics about that. Let's call something the America the Beautiful Act because who would be opposed to America. Once you had your premise, you need only find the photo (doctored or not), stats (real or not), or post (supported or not) that supported it. And then spread the disease of ignorance even more. This is a problem on both sides, but conservatives through media outlets were the first to weaponize it. Rush, Tucker, etc. searched for media companies, minorities, etc. to blame to reach and stoke their target market. It got out of control from there.

I wish I could conclude this with a "here's how it gets better" line. But I can't. I don't think it does. I think this is the opening salvo of an ignorant and manipulated sector of our society pulling the whole thing downward. And I don't think those who created the monster will realize what they've done before it's too late.
Beautifully written and I agree 100%, except that it's too long. Just remove the last 4 words and insert "ever" before the word "realize". and you're good.

Status
Not open for further replies.