• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Former Seattle Seahawks D coordinator named Falcons head coach

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that it will have almost no impact in the short term because Seattle is keeping young talented players together.

That bears defense that Rivera left was packed with talent in their primes as well.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish him well. All the success in the world except if he plays Seattle.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely understand this hire. You try to take from strength of a team that appears to know. And almost anything is an upgrade over Smith.

Now as far as Chicago is concerned, I have no idea what they are thinking.

Fox had a completely unprepared team in last year's Super Bowl, the team improved (on paper) in the off season and ended up being worse than last year.

But Chicago sees him as the tonic for their troops?

Well, I don't fault fox for this years loss. That loss falls squarely on the shoulders of manning. He wasn't just bad in that game, he was epically bad. It was probably the worst game I have ever seen him play, and it had nothing to do with the colts defense or the other offensive players. The guy looked like Todd Collins. It was terrible. No coach in the nfl could've won with the way manning played. Last year was a different story, but if think a big part of that loss was the players not expecting to get dominated by Seattle's secondary like they did. They looked intimidated by chancellor and Thomas. Part of that falls on fox though.

From an optimistic bears fan's point of view, fox may have not won a Super Bowl yet, but he has been there with two different teams. One with a QB that I think is very comparable to Cutler. However, the reason for optimism is the coordinators they brought in with fox. Fangio was the top dc signed this offseason IMHO. I'm not sold on Gase, but there is a reason teams were interviewing him for the hc position. Fox may not be great, but he's definitely a step up from Trestman. Honestly, I'm not expecting big things out of the bears for a while. I don't think fox is going to turn them into a contender overnight, but I could see him getting the bears to the playoffs after 2 or 3 years at the helm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of talent but very little production after he left.

That's why I think the Seattle defense could suffer from Quinn leaving. The bears never got their mojo back until Marinelli became dc. Seattle fans better hope the next dc doesn't try to get too cute with his coverages and blitzes because it could mess up the chemistry on that unit.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I don't fault fox for this years loss. That loss falls squarely on the shoulders of manning. He wasn't just bad in that game, he was epically bad. It was probably the worst game I have ever seen him play, and it had nothing to do with the colts defense or the other offensive players. The guy looked like Todd Collins. It was terrible. No coach in the nfl could've won with the way manning played. Last year was a different story, but if think a big part of that loss was the players not expecting to get dominated by Seattle's secondary like they did. They looked intimidated by chancellor and Thomas. Part of that falls on fox though.

From an optimistic bears fan's point of view, fox may have not won a Super Bowl yet, but he has been there with two different teams. One with a QB that I think is very comparable to Cutler. However, the reason for optimism is the coordinators they brought in with fox. Fangio was the top dc signed this offseason IMHO. I'm not sold on Gase, but there is a reason teams were interviewing him for the hc position. Fox may not be great, but he's definitely a step up from Trestman. Honestly, I'm not expecting big things out of the bears for a while. I don't think fox is going to turn them into a contender overnight, but I could see him getting the bears to the playoffs after 2 or 3 years at the helm.

That's why he's been hired... Bears fans apparently don't give a shit.

Capital B bum.....

He's great at hurling f Bombs from the side lines though.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanny has done well with little talent Falcons need an Oline:suds:

Falcons hired Kyle Shanahan as their new offensive coordinator.
Atlanta plans to officially hire Seahawks DC Dan Quinn as their new coach immediately following the Feb. 1 Super Bowl. It gives them a powerful pairing on either side of the ball. Shanahan has established himself as a strong offensive game-planner and schemer during seven years as an NFL coordinator, even coaxing the talent-deficient, Brian Hoyer-led Browns to 23.2 points a game for the first nine weeks before the wheels came off. Shanny's presence boosts the stock of Matt Ryan and Julio Jones heading into 2015. It would also be good news for Steven Jackson if the 32-year-old (in July) had anything left in the tank. As S-Jax is likely to be released, Shanahan will be on the hunt this offseason for a bellcow back in his zone-run game.

OLine...agreed...but it's not as dire as most think...injuries have just haunted the OL in ATL...I think they finished the yr with 3rd string C, & RT this year...they basically need to get rid of Baker...LT, LG, RG, C are NFL starting caliber players.

Shanahan...I'll take WAS out of the mix...why I'm iffy...he started well with Hoyer as you said, but when teams adjusted to them by stacking the box, the OFC really floundered...with Josh Gordon, with Jordan Cameron. and 2 decent RBs.

Had good success in HOU, but I don't think he was calling the plays then.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why he's been hired... Bears fans apparently don't give a shit.

Capital B bum.....

He's great at hurling f Bombs from the side lines though.

Nice response. A lot of substance. I honestly think Fox was the best. HC available this year. He also won't get in the way of the heralded coordinators that the bears brought in. And Bears fans do give a shit. You're just off your rocker.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Quinn leaving hurts Seattle much because Pete is also a defensive coach and that's his forte. The Seattle D was great before Quinn came back these last 2 years too. Anyone who comes in is going to have to match Pete's idea for the defensive play.

I think changing OC's would be much more challenging, but it a challenge I really wish they'd take on.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Quinn leaving hurts Seattle much because Pete is also a defensive coach and that's his forte. The Seattle D was great before Quinn came back these last 2 years too. Anyone who comes in is going to have to match Pete's idea for the defensive play.

I think changing OC's would be much more challenging, but it a challenge I really wish they'd take on.

Seems like the same exact scenario the bears were in after their Super Bowl appearance. Lovie was a defensive guy. What I have noticed as an nfl fan is if the head coach has to take over coordinator responsibilities, then then the team tends to suffer.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice response. A lot of substance. I honestly think Fox was the best. HC available this year. He also won't get in the way of the heralded coordinators that the bears brought in. And Bears fans do give a shit. You're just off your rocker.

Says Beengay Fudgepackers... Mr Substance himself.

Read my lips. Fox is a bum and you will regret him.