• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Former Cowboy GM Gil Brandt Picks Redskins To Repeat As NFC East Champs

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, way too early and a non factor as a predictor of anything in the NFCE.

You only have to look at the fact that no team has repeated as a division winner in years to know that this division is Impossible to predict.

Saying week to week league and health matters never shines more than in the NFCE.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, way too early and a non factor as a predictor of anything in the NFCE.

You only have to look at the fact that no team has repeated as a division winner in years to know that this division is Impossible to predict.

Saying week to week league and health matters never shines more than in the NFCE.

Okay, Cali, just play along will ya? Please? :)

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here's a more common predictor article for Dallas on top of the division.

Personally I'm more concerned about the Gnats this year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see how Dallas is the favorite to win the division. They might have the worst defense in the division. I think we can put up just as much points as Dallas this year on offense. Plus our defense is better b/c Dallas does not have players like RK, JG, and Norman. Romo is a vet and should play well but the Skins are way deeper at WR than Dallas is. Plus Reed is better than Whiten. But Dallas has the better oline and running game. So it all comes down to KC. If we can protect KC like we did last year we should be able to score with anybody in the league.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas did better on D than we did. Big problem for them was scoring points on O after Romo went down. Course they didn't do much to upgrade D this year either. One of the reasons I didn't want them drafting Ramsey.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas did better on D than we did. Big problem for them was scoring points on O after Romo went down. Course they didn't do much to upgrade D this year either. One of the reasons I didn't want them drafting Ramsey.

but they are going to miss two dlineman this year for the first four games. Our defense is better with Galette and Norman so we should be way better this year.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but they are going to miss two dlineman this year for the first four games. Our defense is better with Galette and Norman so we should be way better this year.
That will hurt, I believe they are still appealing on one so we will see.

On paper, what we added to our D looks good, particularly in the secondary, but we saw how that went last year and we still have ? At a few key spots. It's all fine and dandy to project being stronger (hard for anything but better on D if we are honest) but let's wait and see how training camp goes.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here's a more common predictor article for Dallas on top of the division.

Personally I'm more concerned about the Gnats this year.

Who the hell is that analyst? The plexiglass principal? Whatever. I have no idea if the Redskins can have a record as good as less season. However - I am pretty certain that guy is full of shit.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is just the fashionable thing to do - say that the Redskins will suck next season when the truth is that nobody knows. Does anyone really pay for the POS ESPN Insider service (even if costs 5 cents it is too much)? What a joke.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell is that analyst? The plexiglass principal? Whatever. I have no idea if the Redskins can have a record as good as less season. However - I am pretty certain that guy is full of shit.
All the predictions are pretty silly IMO.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is just the fashionable thing to do - say that the Redskins will suck next season when the truth is that nobody knows. Does anyone really pay for the POS ESPN Insider service (even if costs 5 cents it is too much)? What a joke.
I do agree with you that this is a consistent lazy narrative for the skins the past few years. Things change, how we are rebuilding this team is one of them. Feels like it's beginning to shift tho.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on gang, lets face it... the running theme has been

Well if Romo hadnt gotten hurt (again) Dallas would have run away with the Division.

Personally IM great with them projecting Dallas to be the bees knees and destined for greatness.

Aside from Bryant, Elliot and the Line, they have an injury prone QB, and a TE who I think graduated from High School the same year as me. Both are considered major parts of their offense with no contingency plan of note.

If we want to be considered a legit team, we have got to earn it.

I was kind of hoping they predicted us to go 3-13 this season. This team needs to play with a chip on its shoulder from tomorrow forward. And lets see who is the best team in the division at the end of the year. We play the top teams, Romo is healthy( at least until the season starts). So its up to this team to prove we are actually improving and dont need a weak schedule and the rest of the Division to shit the bed in order to win it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how about we work on simply work on having back to back winning seasons ? when was the last time that happened ?. until that happens any negative things said about our team are justified

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how about we work on simply work on having back to back winning seasons ? when was the last time that happened ?. until that happens any negative things said about our team are justified
this. Let's just see if our Defense improves. If our D can get to middle of the pack and our O is just a little better it will be a good season.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a legit chance that we can be an improved team but finish with a record worse than we had last year. There are several reasons for that, not the least of which is that first place schedule we have to play. I think we're one more year away from building a team ready to contend for a Superbowl if Cuz plays like a franchise QB, Galette returns to form, and Norman lives up to his contract. Next year, we get to fill holes in the interior d-line, center, RB, and maybe LG depending how people like Kouandijo develop.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a legit chance that we can be an improved team but finish with a record worse than we had last year. There are several reasons for that, not the least of which is that first place schedule we have to play. I think we're one more year away from building a team ready to contend for a Superbowl if Cuz plays like a franchise QB, Galette returns to form, and Norman lives up to his contract. Next year, we get to fill holes in the interior d-line, center, RB, and maybe LG depending how people like Kouandijo develop.
agreed that it is a good possibility. they could go 8-8 or 7-9. Looking at the sked (this year) for that happen i could see them doing a '97 skins season, kickass on soft opponents in the first 8 games (they went 7-1) then go belly up the second half of the season (they went 1-7 the 2nd half of the season) when the schedule toughened up)

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta admit I'm in awe looking at Witten's lifetime stats, but how long can he keep it up? He may be the Cal Ripken of the NFL. He's played 16 regular season games for 12 straight years. He's missed 1 game his entire career - it was in his rookie year. Over 1,000 career receptions and over 11,000 career receiving yards. And he's an outstanding blocker.