• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Forgetting Keith Marshall

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we?

Not in a "dont draft a RB we have Keith Marshall sense" but I just havent seen much talk about him. Hes only 23, he ran a 4.31 40 with 25 reps on the bench for a 92nd %tile SPARQ score and the best weight adjusted speed score EVER recorded for a RB. In college he was constantly banged up but was productive when on the field in the SEC to the tune of 253/1379/12 in his career. I dont see his injuries being a problem moving forward and he at least physically is super talented.

So...

are we forgetting Keith Marshall?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keith Marshall - Washington Redskins - 2017 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

He spent last year on IR. So I dont think his injury history can be ignored at this point. If he develops into a beast, and we draft a RB in the mean time.. so much the better.

We might not be forgetting him, but with his injury history in college and the pro's... Im not sure we can count on him.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we?

Not in a "dont draft a RB we have Keith Marshall sense" but I just havent seen much talk about him. Hes only 23, he ran a 4.31 40 with 25 reps on the bench for a 92nd %tile SPARQ score and the best weight adjusted speed score EVER recorded for a RB. In college he was constantly banged up but was productive when on the field in the SEC to the tune of 253/1379/12 in his career. I dont see his injuries being a problem moving forward and he at least physically is super talented.

So...

are we forgetting Keith Marshall?

we know we still have him we still need a huge upgrade plain and simple

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keith Marshall - Washington Redskins - 2017 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

He spent last year on IR. So I dont think his injury history can be ignored at this point. If he develops into a beast, and we draft a RB in the mean time.. so much the better.

We might not be forgetting him, but with his injury history in college and the pro's... Im not sure we can count on him.

With a sprained elbow. It was more a stash to not use a roster spot than anything i think. He was hurt in college but its nothing scary. No injuries that should affect him moving forward which is all that really matters.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we know we still have him we still need a huge upgrade plain and simple

Yea like I said we shouldnt avoid upgrading just because we have him but I just feel like hes been overlooked this offseason. Somebody to just keep in mind we have.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea like I said we shouldnt avoid upgrading just because we have him but I just feel like hes been overlooked this offseason. Somebody to just keep in mind we have.

I get what you are saying, but we basically own his rights for three more years. Trust me, I would love for him to get healthy, stay healthy and become the bruiser we need in some situations. But some where in this draft, we need a RB. I think you know who Im hoping it is.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you are saying, but we basically own his rights for three more years. Trust me, I would love for him to get healthy, stay healthy and become the bruiser we need in some situations. But some where in this draft, we need a RB. I think you know who Im hoping it is.

Haha I do. And I'm fine with everything you said. Just wanted to throw out a reminder we had this guy (and that he's a damn good athlete).

Your guy is jamaal williams in the 5th round right?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha I do. And I'm fine with everything you said. Just wanted to throw out a reminder we had this guy (and that he's a damn good athlete).

Your guy is jamaal williams in the 5th round right?

I actually like Williams.

And if we take 2 RBs, and he is there in the 7th... IM all for it. But he screams backup to me.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point we are going to have to either use him or not. If he's healthy and unused then odds are that the coaches don't have the confidence in him that they would like. Coming out I really liked us getting him and wondered what happened to him. Considering what we currently have he should be pushing for some playing time. Still hope that we draft Cook or Mixon........early!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mashall was a 7h rounder , we stashed him to give him a year to learn his craft. Good business , he has to beat out Jones , brown and Kelly if we draft a back if we don't then jones or brown . To do that he will have to make big plays. Block and not fumble . Otherwise he will be on the PS if they see enough

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like sudfield

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to stop relying on his 40 time and that he was really good- in high school. We saw in the preseason why he was a 7th round pick. He appeared to have zero instincts for finding a hole and exploding through it. Time to move on, it was a long shot that won't pan out. It happens.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People need to stop relying on his 40 time and that he was really good- in high school. We saw in the preseason why he was a 7th round pick. He appeared to have zero instincts for finding a hole and exploding through it. Time to move on, it was a long shot that won't pan out. It happens.

So give up on him after what - maybe 20 preseason carries?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So give up on him after what - maybe 20 preseason carries?

Again I dont think its giving up, so much as realizing that he was a 7th round pick for a reason. Most of these guys take 2-3 seasons to get up to NFL game speed and skill level. The 20 carries might play into the teams favor because it lowers the chance some one tries to poach him from our Practice Squad.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I dont think its giving up, so much as realizing that he was a 7th round pick for a reason. Most of these guys take 2-3 seasons to get up to NFL game speed and skill level. The 20 carries might play into the teams favor because it lowers the chance some one tries to poach him from our Practice Squad.

"time to move on. It was a long shot that won't pan out" sounds like giving up to me.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"time to move on. It was a long shot that won't pan out" sounds like giving up to me.

Agreed. But I can only speak for myself. I dont think its time to move on, I do think you cant really factor in his roster spot if you are deciding on if you are going to take a RB in this draft or not. Anything below a 4th rounder is likely a camp body. Anything picked in the first three rounds is likely going to be a roster lock and will put his position in jeopardy.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he meant Don't count on him even a tiny bit. If he somehow defies the odds - which are hugely against him - and makes it, that's a bonus. At least that's my thoughts on the subject.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he meant Don't count on him even a tiny bit. If he somehow defies the odds - which are hugely against him - and makes it, that's a bonus. At least that's my thoughts on the subject.

I was in love with the idea at first too, loved the pick. Then I saw him play and it's clear he just isn't a NFL back. Am I this amazing talent evaluator who can determine a player in 20 carries? Nah, but when it's obvious it's obvious. And I think it became clear in preseason why he was a 7th round pick. Unlike other positions RB is more instinct, either you have it or you do not. Very few good NFL RBs come from this far away to being really good, you kind of know early if they have it or not.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly am not banking on him to play a key role but ruling him out that quickly is premature.