• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ford Field turf

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there's now studies proving increase in injuries on the type of fake turf we have. The Lions consistently have had injury problems to their players. Seems like we've seen an increased number of injuries to our opponents this year, it seems like although I'm too lazy to look, that everyone we've played has lost a key piece of their team. Seems like every game we have new injuries to our players. And I'm not counting the normal football ones like Rodrigos elbow and roll up on ankles and that type. We see knees and ankles and hips being tweaked or whatever seemingly just from the playing surface.

Now there's starting to be players calling for change. Should we as fans be adding our voice to them? It appears like the Lions are at an actual and quantifiable competitive disadvantage by playing more games on a shitty surface than other teams.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The science is in, and it is impossible to justify the cost savings as worth the elevated risk to players health. NFL should ban it.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For years I noticed that early in the season, the Patriots had far fewer injuries than other teams. I think it was their conditioning program, which was tougher than most teams. Then, there was a new CBA and the Players Association actually made everyone cut back on pre-season conditioning. Presto, more injuries, particularly hamstrings.

The Pats have natural grass, too, which probably helped as well.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see someone throw the ratio of injuries prior to the new CBA and post-new CBA right into Demaurice "bumper lips" Smith's fat face and let him try and squirm his way out of it.

Who would have thunk less conditioning and 3/4 speed contact would result in more injuries, especially season ending ones? Fucken moron!