• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For those that tend to think the offense is the problem

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd certainly prefer not to argue. when i'm here to post, it's for one reason only, to talk football. but i'm a big believer in being an aggressive fan. one who is always looking into the future, suggesting things that frequently do not sound pretty at the time and my only interest is in the team winning.

i was obviously in huge favor of trading wentz to the jags last season in some kind of combo deal for ramsey and picks. now everyone seems to want ramsey this year, when it's too late (as in it will cost us way too much bulk.) the eagles themselves are very fortunate to be 2-2. that's not sitting well with me, especially when people rip on the defense. we loaded up offensively big time. i've always been a strong fan of wentz and drafting him, but i don't believe he's "elite".. (at least yet) nor do i believe he fits the current superbowl window with these older players better than foles. so if wentz doesn't kill it, guide this team in the postseason and do some damage, i'm going to be pissed as a fan who wanted more.

Iggy is your friend....

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
holy shit, you are the biggest crybaby i have ever seen on a forum. i swear, every god damn reply is just "WAHHH! WAHHH! WAHH! MY WAY!! WAAHHH BABY WANTS BOTTLE!" and what you come up with usually consists of riding wentz' dick or bashing schwartz.

my posts are so fucking stupid? i've been stressing the importance of home field advantage (a huge aid to our eventual superbowl run).. a strong running game (to which we usually excel when applied) and the ability to make clutch plays (something foles had and wentz has yet to show.) and that's the main issue. so many whiny cunts that drool over wentz, so preferring foles automatically puts me in the 'posting doghouse'.. as if i truly give a shit, lmao.

you keep saying "focusing on two plays." seriously, are you THAT stupid? wentz missing those two simple (i have to keep stressing how easy it was) throws could have DESTROYED the season one month in. at 1-3, they would have had to go at least 4-2 against the upcoming vikings/cowboys/bills/bears/pats/seahawks swing.

enough with your fagatronic view of acting like wentz did enough so it was OK. he could have been 22-22 for 474 yards and 5 td/0 int at that moment. HE. MISSED. 2. SIMPLE. BASIC. EASY. KIDDIE. THROWS. to ice the game. he's paid to finish that. top QB's in the league finish that. that's what being at the top is about. him missing those 2 throws is like harden missing 4 shots in a row in the last 90 seconds in a tie game. no one would give a flying fuck if harden was 18-21 with 45 points before that.

no one gives a fuck about ratings and other bullshit if you're not going to win and do the job when the game is on the line. riding the dick of a dude in his 5th year who has yet to even play in ONE SINGLE PLAYOFF GAME. the game plan had to be dumbed-down for him last week to ensure he got rid of the ball and didn't turn it over. and like a screaming teenage girl at a concert, you're blown away by the fact he was connecting on 7 yard slants and dumps all game.. until it truly mattered that is.

some of you have already spent a chunk of this mini 4 game season so far blaming injuries and drops. can't wait to see the excuses in the end.
Foles is hurt you dumb bitch.

Pull your head
Out of your ass.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may not think Wentz is elite....you are one of the very few that think that... but... Elite or not he is still a franchise QB and you do not trade a franchise QB away for a CB or any defensive player for that matter.

so, wentz is elite. what does that makes guys like mahomes, brady, rodgers, wilson then? super duper mega elite? what's a QB like prescott? ryan? watson? how many elite QB's are in this league? we'll never have details of any possible trade. but it was believed wentz was worth ramsey and the jags #1. maybe the eagles would have had to toss a 3rd rounder or a random player their way. again, will never be known.

but i said at the time and i'll say it again. foles, ramsey, 1st rounder > wentz and spare change. the eagles are 2-2, and really should be 1-3. with foles at QB and ramsey in the secondary, there is no way the eagles would be worse than the same 2-2 right now. foles injury with the jags has nothing to do with the eagles. he was hurt doing what he does best.. staying in the pocket, taking a hit and delivering a great 1v1 throw for a TD. something wentz is very poor at so far in his career.

what's comical is the eagles won a superbowl and almost made it back to the NFC championship game with foles and schwartz' defense. while fools point out brady tearing them up (because brady destroying any defense is such a shock).. they tend to ignore the other playoff games. 10 points to the falcons. 7 to the vikings. 15 to the bears and 20 to the saints. a paltry 13 points per game.

but it's all about wentz. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooKKK!! the reality is it's an extreme longshot they ever make it to a superbowl with him. the majority of philly fans wanted wentz to be the man. pay him top $, surround him with talent and he'll succeed. don't cry about the defense if we miss the postseason or gets bounced early. don't cry about drops. don't cry about injuries.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, wentz is elite. what does that makes guys like mahomes, brady, rodgers, wilson then? super duper mega elite? what's a QB like prescott? ryan? watson? how many elite QB's are in this league? we'll never have details of any possible trade. but it was believed wentz was worth ramsey and the jags #1. maybe the eagles would have had to toss a 3rd rounder or a random player their way. again, will never be known.

So there is a the limit to the number of elite QB's that are allowed in the NFL? How fucking stupid are you? Mahomes, Brady, Wilson and Rodgers are elite QB's too. So you want to know how many Elite QB's are in the league? I would say possibly 10 but since each team has a starter and a backup there is a possibility of 64 elite QB's in the league. We know that is not the case because not ever team has elite QB's Pull your head out of your ass.

but i said at the time and i'll say it again. foles, ramsey, 1st rounder > wentz and spare change. the eagles are 2-2, and really should be 1-3. with foles at QB and ramsey in the secondary, there is no way the eagles would be worse than the same 2-2 right now. foles injury with the jags has nothing to do with the eagles. he was hurt doing what he does best.. staying in the pocket, taking a hit and delivering a great 1v1 throw for a TD. something wentz is very poor at so far in his career.

The Eagles are two perfectly placed passes that were dropped from being 4-0. Of course you will not acknowledge that but have no problem talking about the 2 missed passes in the Packers game. I am trying to see were you get your logic that the Eagles should be 1-3? Where do you come up with that?

what's comical is the eagles won a superbowl and almost made it back to the NFC championship game with foles and schwartz' defense. while fools point out brady tearing them up (because brady destroying any defense is such a shock).. they tend to ignore the other playoff games. 10 points to the falcons. 7 to the vikings. 15 to the bears and 20 to the saints. a paltry 13 points per game.

This is a laughable post because you are trying to be make it seem like Schwartz defense has been elite but has been shit since the Superbowl season. Your argument about what the defense has done in the playoff is garbage. First of all don't even insult us by calling what the Bears have as an offense. On top of that we are a lucky crossbar doink from going home early against the Bears. Surely you remember how the Bears drove down the field in less than a minute to set up the game winning field goal we got lucky on... oh Tribusky a below average QB threw for 300 yards against this so called great defense.

Now let's talk about the Saints game. We jumped out to a 14 point lead but Foles did not do shit after that. Where is your bashing of him not putting the game away and not making the plays? The Saints had the ball for 37 minutes and 50 seconds that game to our 22 minutes in 10 seconds. Drew Brees completed 74% of his passes for 300 yards. Michael Thomas had 10 catches for 171 yards. The Saints had 137 yards rushing at 4.4 yards a clip. Yeah.....the defense was fucking fantastic.

but it's all about wentz. oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooKKK!! the reality is it's an extreme longshot they ever make it to a superbowl with him. the majority of philly fans wanted wentz to be the man. pay him top $, surround him with talent and he'll succeed. don't cry about the defense if we miss the postseason or gets bounced early. don't cry about drops. don't cry about injuries.

It is not all about Wentz. The problem here is your argument and that you have not been able to back up with something that would let anyone take you seriously. In this thread you harped on 2 passes he did not make in the Packers game. The way I see it if your QB puts up 34 points he should not have to put the game away late. Don't even think about making the injuries on defense argument. If you are going to make that argument you need to also take into account the offense injuries.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there is a the limit to the number of elite QB's that are allowed in the NFL? How fucking stupid are you? Mahomes, Brady, Wilson and Rodgers are elite QB's too. So you want to know how many Elite QB's are in the league? I would say possibly 10 but since each team has a starter and a backup there is a possibility of 64 elite QB's in the league. We know that is not the case because not ever team has elite QB's Pull your head out of your ass.

The Eagles are two perfectly placed passes that were dropped from being 4-0. Of course you will not acknowledge that but have no problem talking about the 2 missed passes in the Packers game. I am trying to see were you get your logic that the Eagles should be 1-3? Where do you come up with that?

This is a laughable post because you are trying to be make it seem like Schwartz defense has been elite but has been shit since the Superbowl season. Your argument about what the defense has done in the playoff is garbage. First of all don't even insult us by calling what the Bears have as an offense. On top of that we are a lucky crossbar doink from going home early against the Bears. Surely you remember how the Bears drove down the field in less than a minute to set up the game winning field goal we got lucky on... oh Tribusky a below average QB threw for 300 yards against this so called great defense.

Now let's talk about the Saints game. We jumped out to a 14 point lead but Foles did not do shit after that. Where is your bashing of him not putting the game away and not making the plays? The Saints had the ball for 37 minutes and 50 seconds that game to our 22 minutes in 10 seconds. Drew Brees completed 74% of his passes for 300 yards. Michael Thomas had 10 catches for 171 yards. The Saints had 137 yards rushing at 4.4 yards a clip. Yeah.....the defense was fucking fantastic.

It is not all about Wentz. The problem here is your argument and that you have not been able to back up with something that would let anyone take you seriously. In this thread you harped on 2 passes he did not make in the Packers game. The way I see it if your QB puts up 34 points he should not have to put the game away late. Don't even think about making the injuries on defense argument. If you are going to make that argument you need to also take into account the offense injuries.

my point, that of course you didn't get is, wentz isn't elite. guys like brady, rodgers, wilson, etc. have been doing it for years and years. guys like mahomes are on another level. THEY ARE ELITE. guys like wentz, goff, newton, watson, prescott, etc. are part of the highly populated "maybe there one day" group. you're the exact type of fucking person that would be calling prescott one of the best in football if you were a cowboys fan. and don't fucking say you wouldn't. goddamn homer. i've honestly never seen someone so daft before.

by your shitty, pitiful, flawed logic.. brady, rodgers, ryan, prescott, wentz, mahomes, mayfield, wilson, goff, newton, garoppolo, big ben, watson, jackson, luck (before retirement obviously) rivers, brees and possibly a few more are ALL ELITE. that's 17 FUCKING QB right there. maybe you need to comprehend the word "elite" in this situation means SELECT FEW.

you're trying to change the outcome of 2 different games, yet you fail to see where the eagles could have easily given up a TD to rodgers at the end and eventually lost. so daft it's mind blowing.

it's really to the point where there is no need to even discuss schwartz. i mean, honestly, you're just a fucking idiot. the fact that more than a few people here would love to bust my balls, but never jump on the "fire schwartz" bandwagon with you should tell you all you need to know. but of course, it doesn't, because you're so daft. belichick called him "one of the smartest people i know." haynesworth called him a "mastermind." you're constantly trying to argue how many yards his defensive teams give up, when in the end, it's the points on the board that matter.

at some point, you need to get it through that thick fucking head.. the EAGLES WON A SUPERBOWL WITH FOLES AND SCHWARTZ. the defense punked the falcons and vikings. they came up with the clutch strip sack on brady. and throughout the whole run, foles was nearly flawless.

then after wentz "guided" the eagles to a 6-7 start in 2018, foles popped in to beat the rams on the road and lead the eagles to 3 closing wins to make the playoffs. and if not for the alshon drop, most likely a NFC championship appearance against those same rams. AGAIN, FOLES AND SCHWARTZ. if you say "back up my talk" or something similar one more time i'm literally going to fucking puke at your immense stupidity.

YOU HAVE NEVER ANSWERED WHY SCHWARTZ SHOULD BE FIRED, WHO IS REPLACING HIM, WHAT IS BEING DONE ABOUT THE LACK OF SECONDARY TALENT, ETC. all you do is back wentz and act like you have some kind of fucking clue what you're talking about.

you take this debate ANYWHERE off this forum and any sane person would think you're a typical philly fat fucking drunk. your whole debate essentially comes down to..

STEP ONE: fire schwartz
STEP TWO: extend wentz
STEP THREE: ???
STEP FOUR: PROFIT!

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the hate for Wentz. He is a good QB. He is one of those guys that can bee a top 10 QB most of the time and top 5 some of the time. This is a QB you can win a Super Bowl with.

I am a little disappointed in our offense and defense right now. But we are 3-2 and tied for 1st in our division. Things could be much worse. We don't win or lose because of one or two passes.

This is a team sport!

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the hate for Wentz. He is a good QB. He is one of those guys that can bee a top 10 QB most of the time and top 5 some of the time. This is a QB you can win a Super Bowl with.

I am a little disappointed in our offense and defense right now. But we are 3-2 and tied for 1st in our division. Things could be much worse. We don't win or lose because of one or two passes.

This is a team sport!

Doug was clearly saying the right things and the right way yesterday in his presser too. Offense was not in sync. Sloppy. Need to get that right as this is uncharacteristic of one of his teams. Nice that you can have a blow out win and still identify areas that need to improve.

Also likes his call out on Howard being lead back going forward.

As always.....since I spent so long listening to Doug’s protégée....I’ll look for the proof it’s not all words. But the fact that it’s clearly called out is a good start.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets D isn't great, but it's not horrible either. Their Offense is horrible though and we were able to take advantage. imo Wentz is still not in the Elite category ... he needs to do a better job of throwing receivers open. He is damn good though and will eventually reach that status.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jets D isn't great, but it's not horrible either. Their Offense is horrible though and we were able to take advantage. imo Wentz is still not in the Elite category ... he needs to do a better job of throwing receivers open. He is damn good though and will eventually reach that status.

While I disagree and think that Wentz is currently elite I can see your point. Here is the thing. Throwing open receivers is something very few QB's in the NFL can do. Among all the young QB's, Wentz, Dak, Goff, Mahomes, Watson I think that Wentz is better than them all in that category. Yes everyone is salivating over Mahomes and a lot of people have him as the best QB in the NFL. I have not seen evidence that he is throwing a lot of receivers open. He is making a lot of fluke plays because of his ability to escape trouble. He has a cannon of an arm too. He is an accurate QB, I am not saying he is not but he tends to throw to a lot of wide open receivers.

Wentz not playing in the pre-season was a mistake. QB's need to get into a rhythm and since he was shut down last year and has not had any real game play it has affected him. I noticed he is a little off on some throws he would not normally miss when he is in a good rhythm. All of that will come in time and by mid season he should be his old self.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this dude seriously throwing some shade mahomes way?! LOFL! phillygreen is turning his posts into mini 'onion' articles. kid can drop a damn needle into a coke can off his back foot from 40 yards away. i loved watching tech games just to see him sling. still remember seeing the record breaking action live. wentz and all the other 2nd tier QB's can only dream about producing like him.

i don't think anyone has hate for wentz. he's open to criticism just like every other QB. the more you're paid, the more you're supposed to be the face of the franchise, the more heat you're going to take. just using the jets game for example..

opening drive, 2nd and 10 at the jets 24. he moved out of the pocket and had ertz rolling east to west, a couple of steps on his man. wentz was scared to throw it and ran for 5 instead. easy TD for an accurate QB who can lead his receiver.

up 14-0, 3rd and 5 at the jets 36. he throws high to a wide open sproles, who can't haul it in. they go for it on 4th and turn it over. at the very least, easy FG lost.

later on in the game, agholor breaks free by 5+ yards down the sidelines for an easy TD. wentz throws a wobbling, ugly ass ball that goes flying over his head out of bounds. no chance.

he's good to very good, like about 15-20 other QB's in the league. he can tear it up just like watson did last week, or shit the bed like prescott did. it's no surprise the elite QB's (wilson, rodgers, brady and mahomes) have their teams out to 5-0 and 4-1 records. the jets weren't having that 5-8 yard dump pass bullshit after the 1st quarter, and the eagles were confused because of it. tired of people blaming the receivers. wentz is scared to take chances. great for not turning it over and avoiding some sacks, but that shit won't fly when the games really matter.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wentz is extremely good, bordering on being in the "elite" category. I think he's top 10, not quite top 5 - YET. I'd rank Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Wilson, and Stafford ahead of Carson, so there - to me he is #6 overall. That said, I wouldn't trade for any of them over him. I know that many would take Mahomes, and maybe Prescott, over Wentz - but NOT me! I like Carson's intangibles the best too. Authenticity, character, and desire.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. Not elite at this point. But damn good and with the promise of being elite in the future.

I think he’s doing a lot of the right things to get past the injuries and grow. The snipet on the game the other day about diet and exercise commitments was encouraging to hear it.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I disagree and think that Wentz is currently elite I can see your point. Here is the thing. Throwing open receivers is something very few QB's in the NFL can do. Among all the young QB's, Wentz, Dak, Goff, Mahomes, Watson I think that Wentz is better than them all in that category. Yes everyone is salivating over Mahomes and a lot of people have him as the best QB in the NFL. I have not seen evidence that he is throwing a lot of receivers open. He is making a lot of fluke plays because of his ability to escape trouble. He has a cannon of an arm too. He is an accurate QB, I am not saying he is not but he tends to throw to a lot of wide open receivers.

Wentz not playing in the pre-season was a mistake. QB's need to get into a rhythm and since he was shut down last year and has not had any real game play it has affected him. I noticed he is a little off on some throws he would not normally miss when he is in a good rhythm. All of that will come in time and by mid season he should be his old self.

it was already known 2 seconds after he posted it, but this comment and thread in general basically sum up how fucking stupid phillygreen is.

2 games this postseason. 46-70 for 615 yards, 8 TD, 0 INT. 15 rushes for 106 yards, 1 TD. an AFC CHAMPIONSHIP. overall, he's 24 years old with 2 starter years in the NFL. 3-1 postseason record. 11 passing TD, 0 INT. 2 more TD rushing. know why? because he's an elite SUPERSTAR. wentz is 28 later this year. 0 playoff wins. 0 TD. hasn't even managed to play a full postseason game yet. and odds are, won't be there next season either.

smart people don't waste time arguing your week 4 "facts" that you cherry pick. they just come back at the end, when the results actually show. now this is the point where you tuck in your tail and run or embarrass yourself with even more excuses.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'D tAkE WeNTz oVer mAhOmes. hIS gInGeR LIke QuaLItIEs ARe sUpeRIOr.

foles, superbowl MVP. mahomes, superbowl MVP. wentz, uhh..

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'D tAkE WeNTz oVer mAhOmes. hIS gInGeR LIke QuaLItIEs ARe sUpeRIOr.

foles, superbowl MVP. mahomes, superbowl MVP. wentz, uhh..
You have a degenerative mental illness.
Please get help.

We're praying for you.

Go Eagles.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
phillygreen... still drooling somewhere trying to explain how wentz is elite and can "throw receivers open" while mahomes is just making a lot of fluke plays.

:clap: