• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Foles is the starter.

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no debate. There is no controversy.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in your mind. GM came out this week and wants to find a new QB............

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in your mind. GM came out this week and wants to find a new QB............

The GM didn't say anything. The OWNER wants Nick Foles to be the guy. He likes Nick Foles a lot. Maybe you should make sure what was said before you speak.....

“We need someone to step up, whether it’s an existing young quarterback or somebody we go out and acquire,” Lurie said in an exclusive interview with CSNPhilly.com.

Lurie views Sunday’s game against Oakland as another significant measurement of second-year pro Nick Foles’ ability to embrace that mantle.

“We want to have very healthy, high ability at that position, with excellent leadership and a lot of smarts and a lot of moxie. Someone that really can take that position and run with it,” Lurie said. “And so Nick is going to have a great opportunity to showcase what he’s done. He’s had some outstanding games and he’s had one poor game.

Still, Lurie said Foles “has a lot going for him.”

“A lot,” Lurie added. “He’s going to have an opportunity now to show us all. We just have to be supportive. I hope the players around him protect him well so we can see him flourish, and [to] know what we have going forward would be great.”

www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/lurie-finding-next-franchise-qb-no-1-priority

unblowupable5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say that I am 100% sold on Foles as the starter next year, but I could definitely get there. Today was obviously amazing. In his last start against Dallas, he obviously wasn't right all game. In any case, there is no reason for Vick to be the starter the rest if the way. Let's see what we have with Foles leading a team that still has something to play for. If he stinks it up, we go into the draft 100% sure we need a qb. If he continues to light it up like he did today, and against the giants and bucs, well then we roll with him and build around him.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still believe Foles was playing hurt in that Dallas game, he was so uncomfortable and no speed...

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think if both QBs are healthy that either one could run the offense and still put up numbers and win games. I don't care who is QB of the Eagles as long as they win.

But that isn't the case. Vick is hurt. If he gets cleared to play this week in my opinion you still have to go with Foles as the QB. I'm not a kool aid drinker. Foles needed to show me something and even after today's game he still does in a way - needs to show he can consistently play well like that.

To me today's game was what Kelly's system was all about. I had my doubts about Foles running the system but those doubts were erased today. He looked good out there.

One brief aside - please no more called on purpose scrambles for Foles. His runs are ugly. :laugh3:

Let's face it - even if Vick was putting up Manning numbers he is only with the Eagles for this year. I have no problems if Kelly went with Foles the rest of the way. You have to go with the hot hand.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soul is 10000000000000000% correct - this isn't even a debate - people should be ashamed that this is even a debate - Nick Foles has 75% of the teams wins but he's supposedly not the best QB on this team, based on what certain people think - shameful

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what happened in the Dallas game.. perhaps he was hurt? Either way Foles should start the rest of the season and see what his body of work will be. Vick won't be on the team next year, and in the long term even if foles isn't "the QB of the future" he is definitely going to be one of the better backups in the NFL.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles will be the QB until either manziel or Mariota get drafted and have a year or two to prepare.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles will be the QB until either manziel or Mariota get drafted and have a year or two to prepare.

I hope we don't draft either of those two. They both have BUST written all over them.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have you seen mariota play? Guy isn't a bust.

Yes, I have. He's never played at this level until this year, and he makes me nervous. I'm not saying he's a guaranteed bust, but I think he's going to be drafted way earlier that I would take him.

Given Chip's propensity to overreach on his former players, I wouldn't be surprised to see us blow our first round pick on him.

soulxflare

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say that I am 100% sold on Foles as the starter next year, but I could definitely get there. Today was obviously amazing. In his last start against Dallas, he obviously wasn't right all game. In any case, there is no reason for Vick to be the starter the rest if the way. Let's see what we have with Foles leading a team that still has something to play for. If he stinks it up, we go into the draft 100% sure we need a qb. If he continues to light it up like he did today, and against the giants and bucs, well then we roll with him and build around him.

Really? I know crazy things happen sometimes -- but, statistically speaking, the dude just had the single greatest passing game in NFL history. And he did it against a team with the #10 ranked defense, that was also fighting for a WC spot.

Everyone is going to have bad games, as seen by Foles v. Dallas, but he showed us yesterday that he is very capable of putting a bad game behind him and moving on. Also, the kid has a career QB rating of 94.0, which means he's played very well much more often than not.

unblowupable5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I know crazy things happen sometimes -- but, statistically speaking, the dude just had the single greatest passing game in NFL history. And he did it against a team with the #10 ranked defense, that was also fighting for a WC spot.

Everyone is going to have bad games, as seen by Foles v. Dallas, but he showed us yesterday that he is very capable of putting a bad game behind him and moving on. Also, the kid has a career QB rating of 94.0, which means he's played very well much more often than not.

I'm definitely a lot closer to being sold on him than otherwise. My point is that we'll know for sure by the end of the year provided he's given the reigns from here on out.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the Dallas game and it was a mixture of his offensive weapons not getting open, we said more times then not during each play out loud that no is open, your only as good as the weapons around you and he had none that day, add in a poor performance with no one getting open and you have a recipe for disaster which took place. I personally think the absence of Maclin has really hurt this offense the whole season tremendously, if he was healthy I cannot imagine what numbers they would be putting up.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the Dallas game and it was a mixture of his offensive weapons not getting open, we said more times then not during each play out loud that no is open, your only as good as the weapons around you and he had none that day, add in a poor performance with no one getting open and you have a recipe for disaster which took place. I personally think the absence of Maclin has really hurt this offense the whole season tremendously, if he was healthy I cannot imagine what numbers they would be putting up.

I think Jeremy Maclin's absence hurts them in the sense that their offense seems to have one or two great games and then one or two bad games - if they had him in there, the offense would be a little more consistent I believe

unblowupable5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be fair, Foles was also over- and under-throwing some guys that were completely wide open in that game. He didn't seem right all game. By bouncing back this past week the way he did shows a lot about his character and leadership.