• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Foles has a broken collarbone

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad news for the Eagles but good news for the Cowboys.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles will now get a good look at Sanchez, because I think they already made their mind up that Foles was not getting a long term deal.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most of us were hoping Foles would take the next step this season after such a promising first year starting games last season ... but instead of taking the next step he regressed with INT's, overall decision making and falling into bad habits due to getting hit. The injury may be a blessing in disguise for both the Eagles "and" Foles as right now Sanchez may prove to be the better option as a vet with better mobility who has looked good in Chip's system when in there. For Foles, he can take a step back and re evaluate his play and see what he can do to correct mechanics, footwork and decisions when pressured.

Watching Sanchez does make me realize how slow Foles really is ... Sanchez has average QB speed and he looked sooo much more mobile than what Foles looks like out there. He'll have his chance to show Chip he can run his system smoothly ... if not, I think Chip will be looking hard at QB this off season.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three key injuries for the Eagles to starters...Foles, Ryans and Herremans, and while it hurts their depth, I suspect they may be better off starter wise with each guy that replaces them.

Foles. I have been curious about Sanchez ever since he burned it up in the preseason. He is simply more mobile and throws a better ball than Foles. And the good news is that he seems to have taken very well to this system. I thought he was horrible as a Jet (I get NYC TV stations so I see way too much of the Jets). But he seems to be much better in this offense.

Herremans. I don't know if his injury is serious, but with Mathis coming back next week, they can slide Tobin over into Herreman's spot and I really don't think they will lose anything. Tobin seems to be ready to be a good starter, and if Herreman's misses any extended time, I think Tobin may never leave the lineup.

Ryans. This one may be a stretch, but at the end of the day, I think great leadership is sometimes overrated. Ryans is a good player, but he is a step slow and a liability in some circumstances. Matthews looked just find filling in for Hendricks and I think he will be just fine filling in for Ryans as well. Long term, I am hoping that Marcus Smith takes over the job. He has the athleticsm they need there to be really good.

Salary cap wise, they save a bundle that can be used elsewhere on Ryans and Herremans. And this takes the pressure off to give big money to Foles. The bad news is that Sanchez is on a one year deal and could be very expensive to re-sign if he does well.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't miss a beat. Sanchez isn't the long term answer but is a capable back up.

I've never seen a QB as scared as Foles is, in the pocket. He looks scared to death almost every time. Thanks for playin Foles.

bgduece

Kiss my Ass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that is until he has another but fumble...lol

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryans. This one may be a stretch, but at the end of the day, I think great leadership is sometimes overrated..

We disagree on this point. He was the play caller. Smart dude.

swat

Shady is the real Mccoy!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers had broken collarbone in week 9 last year & didnt come back till week 17. Romo missed final 10 games of 2010.

Going off those guys injuries/same pos., Foles is probably done until week 17 or playoffs. Chance he is done for rest of year.

No way he gets a new contract now. He'll have to prove himself all over again in 2015...if he is even the starter.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryans hurts way more than anyone else.

I'll have to see Sanchez 3 more games but were damn lucky we have a guy that is up to speed week one.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ryans injury sucks, anyone who thinks they can just plug in Casey Matthews is out of their mind...

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up till this point Foles was under 60% completion percentage and had as many Int/Fumbles as he did TD's. I think Sanchez right now is a lateral move with the chance to be a bit better. Chip's system is very QB friendly and it seems to fit Sanchez' strengths well.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the game yet but missing Foles is going to hurt more than some of you make it out to be. Forget the stats Foles brought his team back how many times to win games this year and last? The guy is a winner. Now they very well might win with Sanchez but we don't know what we have in Sanchez in this system yet so tap the brakes and lets see what happens.

Losing Ryans really hurts but I think its a chance for Smith to win a job.

Speedy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowgirls fans never learn lmao. Your team will always find a way to finish 8-8. Believe it or not, sanchez is an upgrade.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dirty Sanchez better than Foles?!?!

Pass that bong over here

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the game yet but missing Foles is going to hurt more than some of you make it out to be. Forget the stats Foles brought his team back how many times to win games this year and last? The guy is a winner. Now they very well might win with Sanchez but we don't know what we have in Sanchez in this system yet so tap the brakes and lets see what happens.

Losing Ryans really hurts but I think its a chance for Smith to win a job.

I agree. Foles will be missed. He always gives us a chance to win. Sanchez will do ok if the Eagles run the ball 50% of the time. Will have to see him play for the next 3 games to see if he can get the job done.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez to Matthews should become very popular. I'm bummed about losing Ryans on defense =/

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should also start getting back to the run game more and more, especially with Mathis coming back