• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers SportsHoopla v2.8

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anderson, Fowler, Coyle and Eaves were nice adds by you guys at the start of free agency. I guess I didn't expect any waiver signings. I did everything I could to improve both of my teams and there are still some decent players out there at all positions, especially if they get hot. I guess this is the one benefit to having only 8 teams. If we had 16+ teams, the free agent market would be very slim.

I do think 3rd and 4th line grinders can still be viable in this league though with hits, pims and blocked shots counting. This was meant to be as close to a real team GM atmosphere as I could make it. Our teams are bigger, but only because I wanted more bench spots and the number 28 is a special one for us.

Last edited:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My tablet wouldn't let me load up the draft.
Said I had to download a flashdrive.....so by the time all that crap loaded.....

Yea, well.... I'll work with what I have.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My tablet wouldn't let me load up the draft.
Said I had to download a flashdrive.....so by the time all that crap loaded.....

Yea, well.... I'll work with what I have.

Don't worry, you can improve your team right now. Use your IR slots and get some new players via free agency. I would try to have the maximum of 6 true centers and 8 defensemen if at all possible (for many reasons). A lot of categories count here, including pims, hits, faceoffs, blocks, plus/minus, defenseman points and atoi.

You probably want some goalies that start more games too and are doing rather well also (like Budaj and Talbot). Right now you have three goalies that are basically backups.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like it back calculated the standings. that's interesting. fair i guess since nobody had any control over who was playing when, but i do think its interesting.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry, you can improve your team right now. Use your IR slots and get some new players via free agency. I would try to have the maximum of 6 true centers and 8 defensemen if at all possible (for many reasons). A lot of categories count here, including pims, hits, faceoffs, blocks, plus/minus, defenseman points and atoi.

You probably want some goalies that start more games too and are doing rather well also (like Budaj and Talbot). Right now you have three goalies that are basically backups.

Thank you Sir!!!!!

I will go over as soon as the work thing stops interrupting my plorsting!!!!

:suds:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I made some changes en sech.......

Not sure how the scoring works on this one.
Is this head to head with the games???
The one on yahoo is a more simplistic type of thing, But this one on ESPN is a lot more in depth it seems.

I like it.

I'm sure y'all can use me as a warm up...LOL beings my first year at this it may take me a while to get the swing of this shit!!!! :lol:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I made some changes en sech.......

Not sure how the scoring works on this one.
Is this head to head with the games???
The one on yahoo is a more simplistic type of thing, But this one on ESPN is a lot more in depth it seems.

I like it.

I'm sure y'all can use me as a warm up...LOL beings my first year at this it may take me a while to get the swing of this shit!!!! :lol:

I feel bad for you here, but I am willing to help you out all that I can. We just go head to head with each category on a weekly basis and the result is cumulative throughout the season. You need to set your roster for each day/night in order to get credit for the stats of active players. That can be done anytime before the start of the games.

I hate to bring this up again, but you actually still have two backup goalies when there are some starters in free agency. Mase was a good pick probably as he is the clear starter, for now. Fleury used to be the starter for Pitt, but has sort of been overtaken by Murray. Vasilevskiy has great numbers, but is a clear backup, so he won't get enough starts to be worthwhile. It does look like he has another shot at us again tonight however.

Here's a tool you can use that I take advantage of to really see the whole picture.

NHL Starting Goalies and Line Combinations | DailyFaceoff.com

That website gives you current line combinations, which essentially tells you who the starting goalies are, what line different players are on and who they are playing with. That is all critical to know in this process.

You also obviously want to click on the free agent list within the league and search by different stats and positions. To me, the goalies with the highest win totals are always a good bet because you know they are playing often and on decent teams too, but gaa and sv% are important too of course.

You're going to get all you can handle against my B squad this week, so I hope you can at least learn from it and improve. You have a bunch of players still on your bench for tonight, so straighten that out before the games start. That B squad comment was just my idea of a friendly jab with some truth to it also...Lol

One thing you definitely have in your favor is that McDavid may be the best player in the Nhl right now and he's on your team. Giant rosters here though, but it can't hurt.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like it back calculated the standings. that's interesting. fair i guess since nobody had any control over who was playing when, but i do think its interesting.

I wasn't aware that it would even do that, but it worked out well for me apparently...Lol We will all know for next time I guess. Either way, there are 13 weekly matchups left I believe before the playoffs and 6 of the 8 teams make it in, so there is plenty of time to mold your team into a winner. The top two seeds get the first round bye also.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for you here, but I am willing to help you out all that I can. We just go head to head with each category on a weekly basis and the result is cumulative throughout the season. You need to set your roster for each day/night in order to get credit for the stats of active players. That can be done anytime before the start of the games.

I hate to bring this up again, but you actually still have two backup goalies when there are some starters in free agency. Mase was a good pick probably as he is the clear starter, for now. Fleury used to be the starter for Pitt, but has sort of been overtaken by Murray. Vasilevskiy has great numbers, but is a clear backup, so he won't get enough starts to be worthwhile. It does look like he has another shot at us again tonight however.

Here's a tool you can use that I take advantage of to really see the whole picture.

NHL Starting Goalies and Line Combinations | DailyFaceoff.com

That website gives you current line combinations, which essentially tells you who the starting goalies are, what line different players are on and who they are playing with. That is all critical to know in this process.

You also obviously want to click on the free agent list within the league and search by different stats and positions. To me, the goalies with the highest win totals are always a good bet because you know they are playing often and on decent teams too, but gaa and sv% are important too of course.

You're going to get all you can handle against my B squad this week, so I hope you can at least learn from it and improve. You have a bunch of players still on your bench for tonight, so straighten that out before the games start. That B squad comment was just my idea of a friendly jab with some truth to it also...Lol

One thing you definitely have in your favor is that McDavid may be the best player in the Nhl right now and he's on your team. Giant rosters here though, but it can't hurt.

First off, Thanks Dude!!!!
And no reason to feel bad, I want to learn the sport and learn the fantasy hockey......Only way I will learn.

I see what you're saying!!!! I am getting the swing of it moving guys around.
I'll be surprised if I can handle a B team right now myself. Damn, I can see I really need to do some homework. This is a lot more involved than going to the game and pissing off as many people as I can, who aren't wearing Orange and Black....LOL

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only strange thing are players with multiple positions. Ie. Some guys are C/RW. You can move them around but it seems that they count as a C in this case. You also can't sign another C even if you move him to RW. Any idea Mav?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only strange thing are players with multiple positions. Ie. Some guys are C/RW. You can move them around but it seems that they count as a C in this case. You also can't sign another C even if you move him to RW. Any idea Mav?

The first position listed is the one they get classified as. So, yes, you can move a C/W to wing, but he will still take up one of your six center slots.

Guys like Carter and O'Reilly seem to be really valuable to me because they are listed first as wingers, but are regularly winning a high amount of faceoffs.

FFF, didn't you win the league last season? You should know this already...Lol

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch out bitches-4th is out of last place and moving up rapidly!

Are you Team LOD? If so, I don't know how you're even still competitive. You have two guys with long-term injuries that are not in IR slots and you only have 27 players. You can safely drop Stamkos and Huberdeau to IR and pick up three more players. One center and two winger/defenseman.

If that's not your team, then nevermind...Lol

Last edited:

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you Team LOD? If so, I don't know how you're even still competitive. You have two guys with long-term injuries that are not in IR slots and you only have 27 players. You can safely drop Stamkos and Huberdeau to IR and pick up three more players. One center and two winger/defenseman.

If that's not your team, then nevermind...Lol
It is,and I will try again tonight when
I get home from work
I put Stamkos on IR and claimed JT miller,but someone else got.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is,and I will try again tonight when
I get home from work
I put Stamkos on IR and claimed JT miller,but someone else got.

I think you're doing it wrong. You need to click Manage IR in the options up top in order to move a player to IR or activate one from IR. I was trying to alert you in the league messages.

I never saw you have any player officially in one of your three IR slots.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm looking at it now. Your team actually outplayed my second team last week with 44 points in only 64 starts and some really good goalie play by Gibson. However, I was able to overcome that and beat you because Stamkos, Gaudreau and Huberdeau were all injured and not in your IR slots and you had Gibson on your bench for two starts in which he dominated.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're doing it wrong. You need to click Manage IR in the options up top in order to move a player to IR or activate one from IR. I was trying to alert you in the league messages.

I never saw you have any player officially in one of your three IR slots.

I think I might have just moved here,and clicked and assumed it was good.
Trying to check it out more frequently,as I am posting almost a week ahead right now.