• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

flyers interested in luongo?

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
there's some buzz on twitter that the flyers are in fact interested in luongo.
thoughts on this?

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 yrs @ 5.6 mil left on contract,while Bryz still has 9 @ 5.3 mil.
sounds like a done deal to me.
sarcasm

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No God please no. No. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luongo is 5 times the goalie bryz is. Trade for him, buyout bryz in the summer. I'm perfectly ok with that, as long as they don't give up much. The Canucks are getting rid of him, they won't keep a 6 mil cap hit to be their backup goalie. At most, I'd give them a 1st round pick and gustaffson. At most.

Pending some calculations on his retirement punishment for whichever team has him when he retires.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luongo is 5 times the goalie bryz is. Trade for him, buyout bryz in the summer. I'm perfectly ok with that, as long as they don't give up much. The Canucks are getting rid of him, they won't keep a 6 mil cap hit to be their backup goalie. At most, I'd give them a 1st round pick and gustaffson. At most.

Pending some calculations on his retirement punishment for whichever team has him when he retires.

You know the rumor right now is Kadri and Gardiner, right? We can not beat that without looking like idiots.

I will admit that Luongo>Bryz

Maybe we utilize the percentage thing you and I were talking about?

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd go Gus, Wellwood & a 2nd. Firsts are going to be valueable this year and if by some stretch things don't click for the Flyers we could draft a really good player(not franchise caliber though) even at 15-25 slots.

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the rumor right now is Kadri and Gardiner, right? We can not beat that without looking like idiots.

I will admit that Luongo>Bryz

Maybe we utilize the percentage thing you and I were talking about?

Kadri is a joke. They've been hyping him for 6 years and he's done jack shit. Kadri is the kevin kolb of hockey. Gardiner seems somewhat legit.

But why the fuck would you give up anything of real value for luongo? The Canucks have to get rid of him or it kills their team. Despite what some of the Canucks fans say on the main board, I bet he's be a candidate for a buyout if they couldn't find a taker for him. If someone wants to give up a top flight prospect for him, by all means, they can have him. But they're retarded.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kadri is a joke. They've been hyping him for 6 years and he's done jack shit. Kadri is the kevin kolb of hockey. Gardiner seems somewhat legit.

But why the fuck would you give up anything of real value for luongo? The Canucks have to get rid of him or it kills their team. Despite what some of the Canucks fans say on the main board, I bet he's be a candidate for a buyout if they couldn't find a taker for him. If someone wants to give up a top flight prospect for him, by all means, they can have him. But they're retarded.

Regardless of his value, that is the apparent offer on the table, which would be moronic to beat. I guess this could make sense since Luongo's deal would be covered by the Canucks via the Richards/Carter Clause.

Trading for an older goalie, who could possible makes more does not make sense. Bryz does not really fit our team's window as is, let alone adding two years.

If this does happen, what we trade to acquire him will be embarassing.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frank Seravalli‏@DNFlyers

Flyers GM Paul Holmgren on Luongo rumors: "That made me chuckle. Safe to say they aren't true. They have no basis or merit."

Kiss of death

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kill-it-with-fire-random-29296574-256-192.gif

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of his value, that is the apparent offer on the table, which would be moronic to beat. I guess this could make sense since Luongo's deal would be covered by the Canucks via the Richards/Carter Clause.

Trading for an older goalie, who could possible makes more does not make sense. Bryz does not really fit our team's window as is, let alone adding two years.

If this does happen, what we trade to acquire him will be embarassing.

I don't think that offer is actually on the table. Thats what the Canucks want, but unless things have changed in the 6 hours since Burke was fired, gardiner is a non-starter

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think that offer is actually on the table. Thats what the Canucks want, but unless things have changed in the 6 hours since Burke was fired, gardiner is a non-starter

Well now according to Adrian Dater the Canucks are asking for Grossmann, and if thay cannot get Grossmann they want Brayde Schenn. LOL wut is happening. I know Homer wont do that (right?), but still.

I have three roster spots I would be willing to trade. Wellwood, Rinaldo/Sestito, and Gervais/Lilja. So yeah

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well now according to Adrian Dater the Canucks are asking for Grossmann, and if thay cannot get Grossmann they want Brayde Schenn. LOL wut is happening. I know Homer wont do that (right?), but still.

I have three roster spots I would be willing to trade. Wellwood, Rinaldo/Sestito, and Gervais/Lilja. So yeah

I will personally get on a plane and strangle Homer if he trades any Schenn for luongo. Heck even Grossmann. I don't see enough benefit of Luongo over Bryz right now if anything they need to let Bryz go and head in a completely different direction....

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will personally get on a plane and strangle Homer if he trades any Schenn for luongo. Heck even Grossmann. I don't see enough benefit of Luongo over Bryz right now if anything they need to let Bryz go and head in a completely different direction....

^^^^^^^^^^^
This

Good to see you around FFF.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^^^^^^
This

Good to see you around FFF.

Likewise SF its nice to have hockey back! Then I see this type of insanity. Its not like luongo is bad but if you're going to make a trade it has to be a positive for the team not just shuffling names around and depleting cap space. I'd rather trade for a younger guy like Bernier if you're going to give up players.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they might want to see how he pans out this season before doing anything drastic.Management has to show some confidence in their goalies,and stop with the constant changes everytime they hit a rough patch.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likewise SF its nice to have hockey back! Then I see this type of insanity. Its not like luongo is bad but if you're going to make a trade it has to be a positive for the team not just shuffling names around and depleting cap space. I'd rather trade for a younger guy like Bernier if you're going to give up players.

Ha I typed a big old response in agreement with you and my iPod took a shit lol. Yea we need a better player and I like bernier also.

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Bryz was willing to wave his NTC I'd make that trade in a second(Grossman for Luoungo), then I'd call TOR and tell Nonis I want Gardiner & a 1st for Bryz(and maybe a 2nd). :hockeysmile: