• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers extend Read

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would love to see read move up on the top line.. i think his speed could add an extra dimension to that line

granted.. if you take hartnell out it lacks a little toughness..

wooo hockey!

What other first lines will be picking on our top line if Read joins and hartnell leaves? Almost every other teams first line are finesse type guys. I like Read Gee and Voracek along with Vinny Simmer and Hartnell at line 2. If guys start picking on gee we go after their best player.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What other first lines will be picking on our top line if Read joins and hartnell leaves? Almost every other teams first line are finesse type guys. I like Read Gee and Voracek along with Vinny Simmer and Hartnell at line 2. If guys start picking on gee we go after their best player.

Top lines don't usually draw opposing top lines, that's what the checking line is for.

Not having some toughness on the top line can cause problems, trust me, I know. Toews and Kane are picked on quite a bit. Which is why you see guys like Bickell on the top line, or in your case Hartnell.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top lines don't usually draw opposing top lines, that's what the checking line is for.

Not having some toughness on the top line can cause problems, trust me, I know. Toews and Kane are picked on quite a bit. Which is why you see guys like Bickell on the top line, or in your case Hartnell.

If someone put there checking line on against Gee Read and Voaracek i would think they would live to regret that.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone put there checking line on against Gee Read and Voaracek i would think they would live to regret that.

nah, that's what theyll do. it's like putting couturier/read/talbot out there against the malkin line. your 'checking line' aka defensive line, goes against the most dangerous line on the other team

if someone put their energy/goon line (4th line) against the G line, they would definitely regret that.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
nah, that's what theyll do. it's like putting couturier/read/talbot out there against the malkin line. your 'checking line' aka defensive line, goes against the most dangerous line on the other team

if someone put their energy/goon line (4th line) against the G line, they would definitely regret that.

yeah because G would beat some goon ass! :boxing:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you have to say to yourself is Laughton better in that position than Talbot? I'd love to see that as Talbot would make that 4th line money but not sure that the Flyers have that luxury yet. You could have two very good shut down lines who can also score.